Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Head Bee Guy
Jun 12, 2011

Retarded for Busting
Grimey Drawer
In here, we are getting big and out of breath lifting heavy and eating cinnamon toast crunch.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CIChFk3fiHc

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

This guy is ridiculous but in all of the best possible ways.

One of my favorite things to do when watching his videos is to watch the people around him and some of the ridiculous poo poo you see lol.

Sam is one of the only YouTube people I actually watch everyday because he’s just chill AF.

Konar
Dec 14, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
I see that guy rolling up and I'm hitting the lunk alarm before he even gets in the building. It would just be going the whole time

Head Bee Guy
Jun 12, 2011

Retarded for Busting
Grimey Drawer
pilates girlfirends HATE him

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

My current heroes are Sam Sulek and Jase1

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

For anyone that doesn’t know Sam he’s 21, a former gymnastics dude, and currently an engineering student.

He also spits a lot of truths.

Do your cardio.

My favorite thing about his cardio is that he does the sitting bike so he can play on his phone for 30 min lol

blight rhino
Feb 11, 2014

EXQUISITE LURKER RHINO

Nap Ghost

MarcusSA posted:

For anyone that doesn’t know Sam he’s 21, a former gymnastics dude, and currently an engineering student.

He also spits a lot of truths.

Do your cardio.

My favorite thing about his cardio is that he does the sitting bike so he can play on his phone for 30 min lol

Pro strat, brah

hey mom its 420
May 12, 2007

dude is chill and smart, it's just nice listening to him. what's not smart is probably all the gear this guy does

am I the only one who gets some trailer park boys vibes from the way he talks?

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

hey mom its 420 posted:

what's not smart is probably all the gear this guy does

So he might not actually be on as much gear as we think tbh.

He’s obviously on stuff but a lot of the former pro dudes all say now that if they went back they’d be doing drastically less gear and probably still get the same results. A lot has changed over the last 10 years or so with people doing some more research on what you actually gain by doing lots of drugs.

I think he’s just one of those genetic freaks.

I’d also love to know exactly what he’s doing.

Tosk
Feb 22, 2013

I am sorry. I have no vices for you to exploit.

Sam Sulek's videos are great, his attitude is really endearing and he's helped me motivate myself to go from 2-3 days a week low intensity gym sessions to 4ish of much higher intensity. I'm sure he's not cycling like a total idiot and does proper post-cycle therapy because I imagine he wants to minimize the amount of testosterone getting turned into estrogen and loving up his gains. That said he looks like an absolute monster and I laughed my rear end off at that one clip of him "warming up" on the full stack for tricep extension (I think?) and breaking the machine like a gentle Hulk. He seems really nice, smart, and hilariously obsessed with "getting big" so I hope he takes care of himself and cycles off the gear occasionally.

Head Bee Guy
Jun 12, 2011

Retarded for Busting
Grimey Drawer
https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/deathnography-podcast/id1458382202?i=1000446615364

Bigness Ideology

Vampire Panties
Apr 18, 2001
nposter
Nap Ghost

MarcusSA posted:

So he might not actually be on as much gear as we think tbh.

He’s obviously on stuff but a lot of the former pro dudes all say now that if they went back they’d be doing drastically less gear and probably still get the same results. A lot has changed over the last 10 years or so with people doing some more research on what you actually gain by doing lots of drugs.

I think he’s just one of those genetic freaks.

I’d also love to know exactly what he’s doing.

:haibrow: Came here to say exactly this: the human body is miraculous and the effectiveness of modern training is insane compared to 20 years ago. But also yeah that dude is certainly on a cycle. Dude has 1.6m youtube followers I wonder if he would take HGH

satanic splash-back
Jan 28, 2009

There are people who watch other people work out for entertainment?

McGann
May 19, 2003

Get up you son of a bitch! 'Cause Mickey loves you!

satanic splash-back posted:

Meh, I felt the same. Then I caught some of his videos, and left it running while I did other stuff.

It's entertaining background noise. But I only really tune in when he's chatting.

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

There's an audience for literally everything. Gym bros are one of those where you might actually learn something that benefits you (if we're talking good folks like Dr. Mike when he's not talking about loving other guys), and if they're entertaining while they do it that elevates them.

I don't actually watch Sam do his sets or check out his channel much (I just see him on every other Tik Tok) but for his age he's incredibly wise about the mental side of things and can be pretty motivational.

Sophy Wackles
Dec 17, 2000

> access main security grid
access: PERMISSION DENIED.

Vampire Panties posted:

:haibrow: Came here to say exactly this: the human body is miraculous and the effectiveness of modern training is insane compared to 20 years ago. But also yeah that dude is certainly on a cycle. Dude has 1.6m youtube followers I wonder if he would take HGH

Not trying to say you’re wrong, but I’m curious how for the average gym lunk. Seeing a guy like this and I’d assume he is on a ton of gear and is dealing with some kind of mental illness to want to be that big.

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:

There are people who watch people play videogames for entertainment

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
Hell there are people who will watch people like read the back of a shampoo bottle really quietly or whatever for entertainment, but I think that is also a sex thing too(?)

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

My brother watches these musclemen and sometimes shows them to me, I prefer Erik Bugenhagen tbh, he's very funny. Rich Piana was pretty interesting how he basically committed purposefully slow suicide by taking an insane amount of muscleman drugs until his heart exploded.

Lt. Cock
May 28, 2005

INCOMING!

Bruh lemme tell you about LeanBeefPatty

stratdax
Sep 14, 2006

Sophy Wackles posted:

Not trying to say you’re wrong, but I’m curious how for the average gym lunk. Seeing a guy like this and I’d assume he is on a ton of gear and is dealing with some kind of mental illness to want to be that big.

The average gym lunk is on gear, and the mental illness is called Body Dysmorphia.
Non-gym goers don't understand how easy it is to get gear, or even what kind of gear people are using nowadays. TikTok is filled with people saying "SARMs are safe and effective! Get on them today!"

Pimpcasso
Mar 13, 2002

VOLS BITCH
why aren't they called roids anymore

20 Blunts
Jan 21, 2017
was hoping this was about audio production OP

Chief McHeath
Apr 23, 2002

except sarms aren't gear they're research chemicals for people afraid of injecting test. and often they don't work and/or do more harm than good.

if you're including all sarms users, hormone replacement therapy patients and people using test and anabolics outside of a medical prescription as your sum of people "on gear" then maybe maybe maybe the "average" lunk is on gear

i would agree that more people than most would expect are using one of those three, but it's nowhere near the "average lunk" being on gear

Chief McHeath
Apr 23, 2002

Pimpcasso posted:

why aren't they called roids anymore

its one of those things like you aren't supposed to say "bong" in a headshop or at least you used to be not supposed to say it

Chief McHeath
Apr 23, 2002

if you wanna see some real lunks head to the Pills Powders Proteins and Placebos thread in YLLS and look in awe at the babies who can’t shake protein powder up with water like a normal human being but instead need myriad blender balls and expensive cups engineered to mix the powder into the water at the perfect angle for mixing or whatever

im really flabbergasted by it! honestly and sincerely!

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

i put my protein powder in the blender with frozen fruit, greens, ice, and some plant milk and/or fruit juice, it’s good

stratdax
Sep 14, 2006

Chief McHeath posted:

except sarms aren't gear they're research chemicals for people afraid of injecting test. and often they don't work and/or do more harm than good.

if you're including all sarms users, hormone replacement therapy patients and people using test and anabolics outside of a medical prescription as your sum of people "on gear" then maybe maybe maybe the "average" lunk is on gear

i would agree that more people than most would expect are using one of those three, but it's nowhere near the "average lunk" being on gear

They're PEDs that have the same effects as roids by loving with androgen receptors, why wouldn't they be considered "gear". Unless you're only using word gear to refer to injectables.

Vampire Panties
Apr 18, 2001
nposter
Nap Ghost

Chief McHeath posted:

if you wanna see some real lunks head to the Pills Powders Proteins and Placebos thread in YLLS and look in awe at the babies who can’t shake protein powder up with water like a normal human being but instead need myriad blender balls and expensive cups engineered to mix the powder into the water at the perfect angle for mixing or whatever

im really flabbergasted by it! honestly and sincerely!

plus they get gross :barf:

Sophy Wackles posted:

First, genetics play a big part. This dude won the lottery, both in hypertrophy & recovering quickly from insane sessions, also partially because dude is young. Literally anyone who had the physical willpower (and the ability to effectively recover between sessions) to work out six hours a day, six days a week, who ate a dietitian-designed meal plan, and did a cycle of test would eventually look big.

If you're asking where the average gym lunk would get roids, 75% of the gym staff are selling it. Anabolic steroids are synthetic testosterone, which was mostly used to evade drug testing, so while they have medical uses there's no reason to gently caress with that poo poo. You can literally get testosterone (in the Dolph Lundgren/Rocky 3 style) prescribed on the internet now. If thats not your bag, you can also get oral testosterone supplements. As previously noted itt, it really doesnt take much.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Dude's probably going to die in his mid 30s; he's juiced to gently caress.

Wee
Dec 16, 2022

by Fluffdaddy
Its actually takes a lot of brains to get bulked up

givepatajob
Apr 8, 2003

One finds that this is the best of all possible worlds.
Does gear still make your balls shrivel up?

Renreeja
Oct 11, 2007

Sulek has a nice speaking voice and general demeanor, but dang I worry about these juiced guys. Question for those in the know, if you go on a cycle to get the hollywood transformation, what happens to the gains off cycle? Is somebody like Sulek blastin all year round?

lalaland
Nov 8, 2012
I like those videos where he sounds out of breath just driving a car

Concatenation
Jul 23, 2005

Your human mentality cries out for vengeance and thrives on the violence you say you can hardly endure.
It blows me away that all it's taken for him to become a huge influencer is to just be a nice, relatable dude with a good physique. Like the previous "broke out of the bodybuilding audience and into the mainstream" influencer is literally fuckin Bumstead.

Guy trains and eats like poo poo which is something I wish I could get away with, although tbh it is a nice antidote to RP acolytes splitting hairs about how to minmax their RIR and choose their *~optimal exercises~*

Renreeja posted:

Sulek has a nice speaking voice and general demeanor, but dang I worry about these juiced guys. Question for those in the know, if you go on a cycle to get the hollywood transformation, what happens to the gains off cycle? Is somebody like Sulek blastin all year round?

Steroids goons can probably correct me on this but generally, many pros will go """off""" (ie. run a TRT dose) for 6-8-10 weeks in their offseason. From what I understand, the muscle stays if they keep on top of their diets, which in an offseason can be anything from 4-7kCal. It's generally considered a less-harmful approach to do this and give their bloodwork time to reset to a baseline vs running a higher dose year-round. Generally pros won't PCT and come all the way off.

There's not much of a way to tell how much gear someone is running, a quick browse of r/steroids will show that some guys get insanely good gains from minimal doses while others will blast grams of gear for long periods in order to look objectively pretty lovely for being "guy who goes to the gym and is not natural". There are outliers on either end of the scale, think of a guy like Bostin Loyd who was very open about running stupidly huge doses in order to look like a middling OCB pro vs a guy like Keone Pearson who is rumoured turned IFBB pro as a natty, and subsequently blew up after making the jump from classic to 212 and jumping on.

Concatenation fucked around with this message at 12:16 on Oct 15, 2023

Chief McHeath
Apr 23, 2002

lmao @ Bostin Lloyd, the kid who did so many steroids it sent him into advanced kidney failure and then literally made his aorta explode

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
Wait you guys drink your protein powder? Ive just been boofing it

feelix
Nov 27, 2016
THE ONLY EXERCISE I AM UNFAMILIAR WITH IS EXERCISING MY ABILITY TO MAKE A POST PEOPLE WANT TO READ

The Dave posted:

There's an audience for literally everything. Gym bros are one of those where you might actually learn something that benefits you (if we're talking good folks like Dr. Mike when he's not talking about loving other guys), and if they're entertaining while they do it that elevates them.

I don't actually watch Sam do his sets or check out his channel much (I just see him on every other Tik Tok) but for his age he's incredibly wise about the mental side of things and can be pretty motivational.

I don't think I get anything out of watching Dr Mike anymore. I feel like I've internalized everything novel he had to say long ago, and now he's just repeating himself and trying (and often failing) to be funny constantly. Like you know those people that constantly have to respond to anything in a funny voice and try to make everything into a joke? That's him, basically a guy that never grew out of being the class clown. I still watch his videos but at this point I think I'm just doing it for validation of my already firmly-held beliefs about training

temple
Jul 29, 2006

I have actual skeletons in my closet

Concatenation posted:

It blows me away that all it's taken for him to become a huge influencer is to just be a nice, relatable dude with a good physique. Like the previous "broke out of the bodybuilding audience and into the mainstream" influencer is literally fuckin Bumstead.
Its called social skills for a reason.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

feelix posted:

I don't think I get anything out of watching Dr Mike anymore. I feel like I've internalized everything novel he had to say long ago, and now he's just repeating himself and trying (and often failing) to be funny constantly. Like you know those people that constantly have to respond to anything in a funny voice and try to make everything into a joke? That's him, basically a guy that never grew out of being the class clown. I still watch his videos but at this point I think I'm just doing it for validation of my already firmly-held beliefs about training

That’s fair. 75% of his YouTube advice is “slow down and control the eccentric” over and over.