Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

My current heroes are Sam Sulek and Jase1

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

satanic splash-back posted:

There are people who watch other people work out for entertainment?

There's an audience for literally everything. Gym bros are one of those where you might actually learn something that benefits you (if we're talking good folks like Dr. Mike when he's not talking about loving other guys), and if they're entertaining while they do it that elevates them.

I don't actually watch Sam do his sets or check out his channel much (I just see him on every other Tik Tok) but for his age he's incredibly wise about the mental side of things and can be pretty motivational.

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

feelix posted:

I don't think I get anything out of watching Dr Mike anymore. I feel like I've internalized everything novel he had to say long ago, and now he's just repeating himself and trying (and often failing) to be funny constantly. Like you know those people that constantly have to respond to anything in a funny voice and try to make everything into a joke? That's him, basically a guy that never grew out of being the class clown. I still watch his videos but at this point I think I'm just doing it for validation of my already firmly-held beliefs about training

That’s fair. 75% of his YouTube advice is “slow down and control the eccentric” over and over.

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

If you’re talking about that little Hercules kid he like stopped working out, I think became a stoner, and hates his dad lol