Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Storm One
Jan 12, 2011
Episode title shoulda been money GET da ze

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
:siren:New Episode!:siren:

Let's Play Yakuza 5 Episode 12 - I'm Humans!
Let's Play Yakuza 5 Episode 13 - The Selenium Tower

Whoops we've already built the backlog big enough to be a problem

Akratic Method
Mar 9, 2013

It's going to pay off eventually--I'm sure of it.

Any day now.

Dan, did you already start Yakuza 6

Do you need help

Grace, cough twice if Dan needs help

Akratic Method
Mar 9, 2013

Any day now.

Double-posting since Grace asked someone to tell you what the text onscreen for the essence of dragon king move is. I'm fairly sure the single character that flashes at the end is just "Kiwami" again, but written in a fancier, more flowing calligraphy. Although calligraphic styles really mess me up sometimes so maybe someone else can verify.

The text at the start, as Dan guessed the first part is Dragon King, the second part is Kiwami, and the little connector is just a possessive. Dragon King's Extreme, although in English "extreme" sounds a little weird here, so maybe "the dragon king's utmost" sounds better. The absolute best the dragon king can do. You get it.

And if Grace wants to give it a dramatic read when it appears, the romanized version would be "ō-ryū no kiwami".

Just Winging It
Jan 19, 2012

The buck stops at my ass
Yes, that's the calligraphed character for kiwami, I'd say it's more of an ultimate move.

Just Winging It fucked around with this message at 22:05 on Oct 25, 2023

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

:frogsiren:

Akratic Method posted:

Dan, did you already start Yakuza 6

Do you need help

Grace, cough twice if Dan needs help

I''m using my crystal ball to see Dan and Grace having opinions on Yakuza 6 when the thread for it starts next month.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Let's Play Yakuza 5 Episode 14 - Expected More Than That
Let's Play Yakuza 5 Episode 15 - Should Have Saved That

I think this is the first time we purposely started a gang war

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Let's Play Yakuza 5 Episode 16 - God Of Destruction
Let's Play Yakuza 5 Episode 17 - Microsoft Shower

Sorry, I'm sorry

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

Kiryu's internal voices go to some strange places sometimes

Akratic Method
Mar 9, 2013

Any day now.

Let he whose internal monologue hasn't ever fixated upon slapping balls for ten minutes cast the first ball slap.

Cloacamazing!
Apr 18, 2018

Too cute to be evil
I don't know about anybody else, but I'm watching these videos for the red panda talk.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
Oh yeah this is the video we talk about where Harumaki just rips down her curtains for no reason

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

I'm also pretty sure those zombies were ripped right from Dead Souls so it's nice people can experience a small part of the forgotten Yakuza game

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Let's Play Yakuza 5 Episode 18 - The Absolute Madman!
Let's Play Yakuza 5 Episode 19 - Stop Existing

I swear I get good at drifting eventually

Akratic Method
Mar 9, 2013

Any day now.

Dan: a huge racist who loves killing babies and will waterboard you with piss, according to Dan.

Just Winging It
Jan 19, 2012

The buck stops at my ass
I get the impression that Liquid Dan isn't a very good driver.

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

Akratic Method posted:

Dan: a huge racist who loves killing babies and will waterboard you with piss, according to Dan.

also something something monster energy can.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
Because of how we record, sometimes a week or two will go by between recording an episode and it going up, so I frequently wind up going "Oh god what the gently caress did I say" after seeing some of your guys' posts

Totally unrelated to anything just felt like mentioning it

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Let's Play Yakuza 5 Episode 20 - Dunk
Let's Play Yakuza 5 Episode 21 - Look At Him Go

Dunk

Akratic Method
Mar 9, 2013

Any day now.

Well, props to that one guy in the fight with Yuya who saw his buddy's nuts get absolutely obliterated by Kiryu and was like "yeah, no, I can still win this, I'm gonna hit that guy."

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Let's Play Yakuza 5 Episode 22 - By Chat I Mean Fist
Let's Play Yakuza 5 Episode 23 - A Deeply Unkind Thing To Say

Things uh, escalated pretty quick huh :shepface:

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Let's Play Yakuza 5 Episode 24 - Mind Palace
Let's Play Yakuza 5 Episode 25 - I Love Crime

It's gotta suck to be Saejima

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

I assume Dan and Grace do the same image training as Saejima to visit the red pandas

Just Winging It
Jan 19, 2012

The buck stops at my ass
I don't want to take anything away from Saejima going on a pretend date with the memory of a hostess in his cellmate's mind palace, but the presence of the dojo dude in his sad Baka mitai flashback raises an important question: is appearing in them part of the building's lease terms? Pocket Circuit fighter was in Kiryu's, and now that dojo is in the same building and the dojo dude inexplicably pops up.

Cloacamazing!
Apr 18, 2018

Too cute to be evil
Can you think of anybody else who should have been in there? Like a recently deceased sister, or a best friend? Clearly it's got to be dojo dude.

LupusAter
Sep 5, 2011

Eh, it's part of the gag, the photo is never of someone you'd expect the singer to sing about.

Just Winging It
Jan 19, 2012

The buck stops at my ass
I don't know, I totally expect Kiryu to sing about Pochitaro.

Akratic Method
Mar 9, 2013

Any day now.

The Mind Palace thing is definitely the cellmate doing Grace's I'm a girrrllll voice while saying the words from the hostess. 100%.

What the gently caress is this game so far. Bizarre entry in the series.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Let's Play Yakuza 5 Episode 26 - Only So Many Ideas
Let's Play Yakuza 5 Episode 27 - I Don't Think I Can Help You

Getting really sick of this Kugihara guy

Akratic Method
Mar 9, 2013

Any day now.

How do you avoid smashing the pavement under the ice all to poo poo, if you're breaking ice with a pickax or sledgehammer?

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
Oh, I've always had a gravel driveway so that's never been an issue

Just Winging It
Jan 19, 2012

The buck stops at my ass
The pay-off of another session in dirty cop guy's spank bank mind palace better be good. It'd be majorly baffling pacing otherwise, at this point in the series they'd know people are very invested in Majima and be chafing to find out what really happened, right?

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Let's Play Yakuza 5 Episode 28 - I Can't Eat Ointment

I love this game so much

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

Kiryu fought two tigers in 2 after all.

Cloacamazing!
Apr 18, 2018

Too cute to be evil
I remain impressed at Baba's continued existence, he's just setting off death flags wherever he goes. I don't think he's dead now, because after surviving all of those death flags in prison he's not dying until a climactic moment at the end of Saejima's Chapter 4.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Let's Play Yakuza 5 Episode 29 - Why Does He Get A Hat?
Let's Play Yakuza 5 Episode 30 - A Hungry Boy

Venison owns

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

Somehow, Saejima ended up in the canadian wilderness.

Cloacamazing!
Apr 18, 2018

Too cute to be evil
Yeah so Baba's just immortal at this point.

Just Winging It
Jan 19, 2012

The buck stops at my ass
Abashiri is an actual city with an actual prison in the north of Hokkaido, on the Sea of Okhotsk. Hokkaido itself being mountainous and can get quite nasty cold in the winter, especially up the mountains. Also, the whole giant man-eating bear thing may very well been inspired by this: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sankebetsu_brown_bear_incident that actually took place in Hokkaido. Winter mountain hunting is an actual thing there, so Saejima having a stint in DuckDeer Dynasty: Yakuza isn't as made-up as it may seem, which makes it even more buckwild to have it in a crime soap opera.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Let's Play Yakuza 5 Episode 31 - Butter Fingers
Let's Play Yakuza 5 Episode 32 - Two In One

I decided to move on with the story because honestly I could do a hundred episodes of Mountain Survivalist. This is to me what pretty princess makeover is to Grace