Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

disposablewords
Sep 12, 2021

Judge Tesla posted:

She pulled a Yakuza 1 era Kiryu, all the poo poo Kazuma went through to make Kiryu the Fourth Chairman and he went "nah" and put Terada on the throne instead.

The newest entry in the Like A Dragon multiverse, the alternate timeline where Kiryu held on to power and the amazing disasters thereof.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Just Winging It
Jan 19, 2012

The buck stops at my ass
Even from a gameplay perspective it's weird. Akiyama gets Cigarette Burn as his end boss, Shinada gets an extremely forced and pointless fight with Baba, Saejima gets Majima, and Kiryu gets Aizawa. But Haruka? Nothing. You'd figure they'd have you actually play through the concert sequence, even if it's just a victory lap, but sadly, no.

Guess RGGs cowardice isn't limited to letting us play as Hana, or actually Tiger Drop people as Haruka, but even this.

Also, nobody will be surprised with Majima not actually being dead, but I feel it's kind of odd they don't address it all how he managed to fake his death and disappear until the final moment.

Just Winging It fucked around with this message at 19:16 on Jan 2, 2024

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!
haruka does actually have a pretty tough final boss that unlocks if you finish all her substories but the game doesn't even close to tell you that it's there and it's not a main story thing yeah

Akratic Method
Mar 9, 2013

It's going to pay off eventually--I'm sure of it.

Any day now.

Well, after finishing the plot, this game looks fun to play, but as far as the story goes, I rate it

However, it was still fun to follow along with you two, so have a red panda eating fruit.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XNMz_RCUW84

Kinu Nishimura posted:

haruka does actually have a pretty tough final boss that unlocks if you finish all her substories but the game doesn't even close to tell you that it's there and it's not a main story thing yeah

lol if they just shoehorned in a fuckin Amon sister who incidentally has a raging lust for dance battle.

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!

Akratic Method posted:

lol if they just shoehorned in a fuckin Amon sister who incidentally has a raging lust for dance battle.

well actually it's exactly that thing that you just said yes

Grace
Dec 18, 2015

C'MON SOMETHING AWFUL LETS GET SICK'NIIIIIING

Just Winging It posted:

Also, nobody will be surprised with Majima not actually being dead, but I feel it's kind of odd they don't address it all how he managed to fake his death and disappear until the final moment.

Everything with Majima honestly got weirdly ditched. I'm pretty sure no one ever tells him Park died lol.

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

:frogsiren:

Grace posted:

Everything with Majima honestly got weirdly ditched. I'm pretty sure no one ever tells him Park died lol.

Just part of Majima's increasingly smaller and smaller roles as the series goes on, Y0 being released not long after 5 helped but also gave new fans the wrong idea about his role in the rest of the series.

Just Winging It
Jan 19, 2012

The buck stops at my ass
As true as that is, 0 giving the impression he has a much bigger presence in the series is one thing. The fact that they have him being married to Park as a major plot point in this game seemingly without ever addressing it later? That's just sloppy.

Grace
Dec 18, 2015

Just Winging It posted:

As true as that is, 0 giving the impression he has a much bigger presence in the series is one thing. The fact that they have him being married to Park as a major plot point in this game seemingly without ever addressing it later? That's just sloppy.

Park in general is a huge plot point that's just never particularly addressed after Haruka's chapter. As much as I adore this series it seriously has a problem with using women as plot devices and set dressing. Even the best developed female character, Haruka, gets this treatment most of the time from all we've seen so far and the bit of 6 we played.

idk if Dan posted the episode where we watch the credits yet but the fact that Akiyama gets higher billing than Haruka on the cast list is infuriating to me

Just Winging It
Jan 19, 2012

The buck stops at my ass
Big agree.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
Chris the LP ended

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather
The use of female characters is also quite terrible in Judgement. The one time you play as one is really quite something.
Lost Judgement on the other hand was a bit cooler, even though I don't think any of those women will ever show up again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grace
Dec 18, 2015

Danaru posted:

Chris the LP ended

fuk u