Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!

redshirt posted:

It really is quite remarkable that with a billion dollar, money printing franchise, there was apparently no co-ordination with the Sequels, no over-arching story or plan. Just some mystery boxes and checklists.

Big media companies being super dumb with money printing franchises is more the rule than the exception i'd say unfortunately.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hasturtium
May 19, 2020

And that year, for his birthday, he got six pink ping pong balls in a little pink backpack.

istewart posted:

Also, Swole Yoda

Swoda was right there

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

You call those legends?

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

For many mammalian species, male breast tissue generally conformed to the shape of the underlying muscles. For instance, the Human Jedi Knight Anakin Skywalker had defined muscles on his chest,[20] as did the Human males Mandalore the Lesser,[21] Aron Peacebringer,[22] Galen Marek,[23] and the Korun leader Kar Vastor.[24] The Jedi Masters Ki-Adi-Mundi, a Cerean[25] and K'Kruhk, a Whiphid, also had such musculature.[26] An example of a Human male with larger breasts was Malakili,[6] a Corellian who tamed and trained the rancor kept in the dungeon beneath Jabba the Hutt's palace.[27]

Lurker Ant
Nov 16, 2016

Bad Purchase posted:

i live in florida, so please don't tell the disney corporation this because they will hunt me down, but i haven't watched any of the star wars shows or movies since the rian johnson movie and i never will again because star wars sucks rear end

I remember the days when expressing any opinion at all about TLJ online would get tedious culture war idiots jumping down your throat immediately, it was a dark and stupid time

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

If you've jumped off the Star Wars wagon, and I don't blame you, please note that Disney + show "Andor" is actually legit and awesome and worth a watch.

Fumble
Sep 4, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 29 days!

EorayMel posted:

A month ago I went back to star wars episode 1 racer on original n64 hardware and beat all the racetracks and some of them were absolutely miserable with 180 degree turns going 500 MPH and each lap taking 2.5 minutes but I conquered it OP

Me and and my house mate did it rally codriver style, calling out the bullshit ahead of time. gently caress i feel old now.

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

wasn't her dad a stray clone of palpatine who tried to start a normal life? or am i just making that poo poo up, i could of sworn it was in the last movie.

Panic! At The Tesco
Aug 19, 2005

FART

aren't there like trillions and gazillions of stars in the universe? why are they even fighting over them lol idiots there's plenty to go around

Lurker Ant
Nov 16, 2016

redshirt posted:

If you've jumped off the Star Wars wagon, and I don't blame you, please note that Disney + show "Andor" is actually legit and awesome and worth a watch.

Addendum that Rogue One is also a good movie despite being clearly hosed with by the studio

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Lurker Ant posted:

Addendum that Rogue One is also a good movie despite being clearly hosed with by the studio

Yeah, I really liked it. It's the 3rd act which really elevates it.

Grey Cat
Jun 3, 2023

Doing stuff and things

She's a mary sue, who cares?
Let's get to the important questions, sarlacc, smash or pass?

Slugworth
Feb 18, 2001

If two grown men can't make a pervert happy for a few minutes in order to watch a film about zombies, then maybe we should all just move to Iran!

redshirt posted:

I tried to like it, because I can see that actual work and effort went into it, and it has some legitimately great actors, but ultimately that poo poo could've been about 8 hours shorter.

Skarsgard's sacrifice speech is pretty great though.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Panic! At The Tesco posted:

aren't there like trillions and gazillions of stars in the universe? why are they even fighting over them lol idiots there's plenty to go around

theyre fighting over the good stars

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Slugworth posted:

I tried to like it, because I can see that actual work and effort went into it, and it has some legitimately great actors, but ultimately that poo poo could've been about 8 hours shorter.

Skarsgard's sacrifice speech is pretty great though.

Did you watch the whole thing? I think it wasn't much longer than 8 hours total, if that.

I thought it had some real incredible dynamics. The banality and basic competence of evil, the ruthlessness of it. Living in a fascist society, at the whims of a tyrant. The real beginnings of rebellion, among the workers and common people. And how those same common people sign up for evil, for personal reasons. Etc.

Szyznyk
Mar 4, 2008

Milo and POTUS posted:

theyre fighting over the good stars

Any star system can be a great star system with enough terraforming.

Lurker Ant
Nov 16, 2016

redshirt posted:

Yeah, I really liked it. It's the 3rd act which really elevates it.

Cass capping that injured rebel guy in the beginning for being too much of a liability really set the tone imo

ChickenHeart
Nov 28, 2007

Take me at your own risk.

Kiss From a Hog

Grey Cat posted:

She's a mary sue, who cares?
Let's get to the important questions, sarlacc, smash or pass?

buddy, they won't even let Boba gently caress the sarlacc pit

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Lurker Ant posted:

Cass capping that injured rebel guy in the beginning for being too much of a liability really set the tone imo

For sure, strong opening too. But like someone mentioned, the film did have a lot of studio fuckery, and you can sense that in the second act/middle of the film. Still enjoyable, just not as good as the beginning and end.

Henry Lee Mucus
Dec 11, 2003

I saw the actual mandalorian at disney world and he aint poo poo. Little dweeb came up to my elbow. I could’ve punted that little yoda twenty feet in the air but I was too hammered

Lurker Ant
Nov 16, 2016

redshirt posted:

For sure, strong opening too. But like someone mentioned, the film did have a lot of studio fuckery, and you can sense that in the second act/middle of the film. Still enjoyable, just not as good as the beginning and end.

The director recently said in an interview that the studio fuckery story was overblown and he’s satisfied with the Final Cut but I think that’s just a political move because he currently has a movie in theaters that was produced by Disney/20th Century. You can absolutely tell they sanded the edges off the gritty war scenes to not alienate the kiddiewinks

Modulo16
Feb 12, 2014

"Authorities say the phony Pope can be recognized by his high-top sneakers and incredibly foul mouth."

Yeah... I don't care. I enjoyed the Zahn Trilogy with Thrawn, I enjoyed virtually every star wars movie, show, whatever in some capacity.

I'm not going into the movies with the expectation that they are in the criterion collection.

People like it, it's easy to absorb science fantasy. Just like Marvel movies. I don't need to know how your ship has gravity, or why there's fire in space.

People who get irritated about this can do it I guess, but I don't really see the reason why. It's not like the producers or show runners are going to look at Reddit and suddenly change 12 months of story boards.

Modulo16
Feb 12, 2014

"Authorities say the phony Pope can be recognized by his high-top sneakers and incredibly foul mouth."

If you want space wars with cohesive plot lines and scientifically accurate science go watch: The Expanse.

Prettz
Sep 3, 2002

Modulo16 posted:

Yeah... I don't care. I enjoyed the Zahn Trilogy with Thrawn, I enjoyed virtually every star wars movie, show, whatever in some capacity.

I'm not going into the movies with the expectation that they are in the criterion collection.

People like it, it's easy to absorb science fantasy. Just like Marvel movies. I don't need to know how your ship has gravity, or why there's fire in space.

People who get irritated about this can do it I guess, but I don't really see the reason why. It's not like the producers or show runners are going to look at Reddit and suddenly change 12 months of story boards.
lol

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=mV3EX1DwWnI

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Modulo16 posted:

If you want space wars with cohesive plot lines and scientifically accurate science go watch: The Expanse.

I loved that show (and book series even more) so much. There's 3 awesome books of material that hasn't been show yet too. Perhaps the best part of the story.

vegetables
Mar 10, 2012

I would watch the movie where the sun literally has a fight with another sun

Fruits of the sea
Dec 1, 2010

Extra row of tits posted:

Apparently the latest Star wars “did you know” nonsense is that Rey is actually a clone created by palpatine using DNA from Anakin in order to be a new vessel for his essence.

One of the very first replies to this is “So who were the parents we saw several times?”

They can’t even keep track of their own movies anymore.

That was my theory starting from the first of those movies, so I’m happy. Well, minus the “new vessel” part, I figured he just wanted a new Vader. No need to overcomplicate things. Would have added some depth to her character development.

Foster parents like Luke’s would be a nice callback.

Hot take: the trilogy would actually have been good if they hadn’t changed Rian Johnson’s script and then booted him out for the next movie.

Fruits of the sea fucked around with this message at 15:10 on Oct 15, 2023

Nelson Mandingo
Mar 27, 2005

Fruits of the sea posted:

Hot take: the trilogy would actually have been good if they hadn’t changed Rian Johnson’s script and then booted him out for the next movie.

The third film wouldn't have been the utter disaster it was but The Last Jedi literally destroyed entire concepts the film series is based off of, with a director who didn't do his homework and blamed sexism for the backlash.

It's more, they should have had a Kevin Feige type around to rein in the worst aspects.

Fruits of the sea
Dec 1, 2010

Wasn't that because fans were angry about ladies being in Star Wars or something?

I'm not an authority on this, saw the film once and it came across as something that went through multiple re-writes halfway through and then Johnson said something to that effect

Nelson Mandingo
Mar 27, 2005

Fruits of the sea posted:

Wasn't that because fans were angry about ladies being in Star Wars or something?

I never understood this notion when Leia, Ahsoka, and many other examples exist that somehow don't receive backlash. It's almost like it's just bad writing and bad actors are deflecting.

Because lets do a fun thought experiment. If sexist backlash was the reason for the controversy of The Last Jedi, why did it tank audience reactions but Mad Max: Fury Road receives wild and universal critical acclaim two years earlier which was a much more female led film with a much more overt feminist message?

Surely the same sexists had the same problems with the film, but somehow they didn't ruin the audience reactions. It's probably more just bad writing. And I would say using every act and character plotline to say "That didn't matter" to previous elements is objectively bad writing.

Fruits of the sea
Dec 1, 2010

Because star wars fans are The worst

That includes me

Fwiw I don’t think the movie was good

Modulo16
Feb 12, 2014

Lmao

istewart
Apr 13, 2005

Still contemplating why I didn't register here under a clever pseudonym

Hasturtium posted:

Swoda was right there

Nah, I dunno, wouldn't that make people think, like, the One Piece guy had started doing steroids or something?

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

Extra row of tits posted:

Apparently the latest Star wars “did you know” nonsense is that Rey is actually a clone created by palpatine using DNA from Anakin in order to be a new vessel for his essence.

One of the very first replies to this is “So who were the parents we saw several times?”

They can’t even keep track of their own movies anymore.

That's just as dumb of a twist as Luke's father being changed to Darth vader

flubber nuts
Oct 5, 2005

Blurry Gray Thing posted:

No, he's dead. He died.

You're watching a Jabba the Hutt impersonator at Star Vegas.

google it dude its loving real ok im not spreading rumors over here this is a legitimate tip off. jabba the hutt. is having sex. NOW.

Dumb Sex-Parrot
Dec 25, 2020

Absurd Pox Term
Rad Buxom Strep

Retard Ox Bumps
Borax Dumpster

Dares Box Trump
Star Wars Horse People

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

I hate the "We have to find the map OK we found the map now we have to follow the map oh no we lost the map we have to get the map back" Star Wars plot

And who the hell would make a map to Luke Skywalker?

Lux Anima
Apr 17, 2016

Dinosaur Gum
Newest Stars Wars Update: getting a little tired.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lux Anima
Apr 17, 2016

Dinosaur Gum
Main Character that proves ANYONE could be a powerful and talented force user, regardless of genetics or lineage!

J/K ur space hitler's daughter-clone lol :lost: