Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Piggy Smalls
Jun 21, 2015

BOSS MAKES A DOLLAR,
YOU MAKE A DIME,
I'LL LICK HIS BOOT TILL THOSE MOTHERFUCKERS SHINE.

Extension is over tomorrow. Owe 19,000 and have nothing to give. I’m hosed. Anyone else owe money after their extension is up?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010
Too many bathroom breaks OP, sorry.

Piggy Smalls
Jun 21, 2015

BOSS MAKES A DOLLAR,
YOU MAKE A DIME,
I'LL LICK HIS BOOT TILL THOSE MOTHERFUCKERS SHINE.

What’s the most you’ve owed the irs?

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
Sound slike ur In Real poo poo

R.L. Stine
Oct 19, 2007

welcome to dead gay dog house
don;t know what that means but a business that owed the canadian government hundreds of thousands of dollars tried to make me their patsy once

credburn
Jun 22, 2016
A tangled skein of bad opinions, the hottest takes, and the the world's most misinformed nonsense. Do not engage with me, it's useless, and better yet, put me on ignore.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
OP is either a colossal idiot or a fraudster. probably both.

suck poo poo OP

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

If you had paid your taxes back in April you wouldn't owe anything tomorrow.

Thesaurus
Oct 3, 2004

Just don't pay. What are those pencil-necked nerds gonna do about it?

bossy lady
Jul 9, 1983

I'm sorry OP. Maybe this video of tax tips can help:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n88rje2rQp4

Private Cumshoe
Feb 15, 2019

AAAAAAAGAGHAAHGGAH

R.L. Stine posted:

don;t know what that means but a business that owed the canadian government hundreds of thousands of dollars tried to make me their patsy once

Yeah? This sounds absurd what happened? Was there a fake mustache involved?

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

My country irs is consistently paying me 200 bucks per year for whatever reason

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

That's nearly half my annual income OP. Guess you gotta take out another loan OP.

reignonyourparade
Nov 15, 2012
One time there was some sort of mess up where it turned out i accidentally gave the irs too much at actual tax time instead of just for withholding, and it turns out when they give it back in that case they also pay you some interest for the extra time they held it that's not just from withholding, but they also firmly let you know you've got to pay capital gains taxes on that interest, so I dutifully noted two dollars of capital gains income the following year, which i then learned literally just rounded down to contributing nothing so it was all a huge waste of time.

That's kinda the opposite of what you actually asked though, I guess

Sophy Wackles
Dec 17, 2000

> access main security grid
access: PERMISSION DENIED.

Correction: you owe $19,000 plus interest since April.

I think you can ask for a payment plan w/ the IRS. Or maybe hire a tax attorney if you really can't hope to ever pay that.

Thesaurus
Oct 3, 2004

I'm still trying to resolve a tax issue from 2020. A state tax authority says that I owe like $20k. This is wrong (they actually owe me a few grand). I've been stuck in a Kafkaesque battle to try to resolve this for for three years now. It pops into my head every few weeks and torments me before receding again.

maybeadracula
Sep 9, 2022

by sebmojo

Piggy Smalls posted:

Nothing, what the gently caress did you do

pencilhands
Aug 20, 2022

i cant stop farting my entire apartment smells like a ripped rear end

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

Internal Rectum Sex

maybeadracula
Sep 9, 2022

by sebmojo
Is this following that frequent dumb advice like, don't withhold anything that's just a free loan to the government and you could make $0.78 if you put it in the bank instead

Or are you self employed and have a fool for a boss or what

Private Cumshoe
Feb 15, 2019

AAAAAAAGAGHAAHGGAH

pencilhands posted:

i cant stop farting my entire apartment smells like a ripped rear end

Lil Swamp Booger Baby posted:

Internal Rectum Sex

Private Cumshoe
Feb 15, 2019

AAAAAAAGAGHAAHGGAH
pencil hands do you have an apartment with a window? do they allow you to open it?

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

file a return with false numbers op, what are they going to do, audit you? i doubt it, and if they do, so what? you were already hosed, a few extra fines won't amount to squat

Thesaurus
Oct 3, 2004

Bad Purchase posted:

file a return with false numbers op, what are they going to do, audit you? i doubt it, and if they do, so what? you were already hosed, a few extra fines won't amount to squat

Exactly. Double or triple down. If you're audited, you can easily falsify whatever docs they want

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

Bad Purchase posted:

if u dont lie on your taxes you are a literal rword lol i mean holy poo poo imagine being honest to the IRS

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

the thing is to be honest about the things they know about, like a W2 or 1099s or whatever, then lie about the rest

Thesaurus
Oct 3, 2004

Chinatown posted:

if u dont lie on your taxes you are a literal rword lol i mean holy poo poo imagine being honest to the IRS

Few people understand the psychology of dealing with an IRS agent. Your normal filer will panic and immediately arrange a payment plan. This is wrong. It arouses contempt in the agent-heart. Make the bastard chase you. He will follow.

pencilhands
Aug 20, 2022

Private Cumshoe posted:

pencil hands do you have an apartment with a window? do they allow you to open it?

yes and yes im just too lazy

Wee
Dec 16, 2022

by Fluffdaddy

R.L. Stine
Oct 19, 2007

welcome to dead gay dog house

Private Cumshoe posted:

Yeah? This sounds absurd what happened? Was there a fake mustache involved?

i found out what the real reason was and asked the accountant why they hadn't declared bankruptcy yet and then i literally moved away. there were a lot of other reasons it was bad. that was just one thing

Wee
Dec 16, 2022

by Fluffdaddy
Ya'll killed so many people around the world for this freedom.

Thesaurus
Oct 3, 2004

Wee posted:

Cruise missiles ain't free

Devils Affricate
Jan 22, 2010
How did you get in this situation, OP? It's not normal.

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

Wee posted:

Owing $19k to the government through taxes isn't just something that happens

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
if i see an IRS agent out on tha street ima slap the absolute poo poo out that bitch no cap :hai:

Sophy Wackles
Dec 17, 2000

> access main security grid
access: PERMISSION DENIED.

Chinatown posted:

if i see an IRS agent out on tha street ima slap the absolute poo poo out that bitch no cap :hai:

IRS agents carry guns and they will murder you. They know how to fill out all the reports correctly afterwards as well.

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

Chinatown posted:

but it might be one of the agents clawing 30 billion in back taxes out of microsoft right now, maybe go for a high five instead

Spinz
Jan 7, 2020

I ordered luscious new gemstones from India and made new earrings for my SA mart thread

Remember my earrings and art are much better than my posting

New stuff starts towards end of page 3 of the thread

Piggy Smalls posted:

14 thousand

I just didn't pay taxes for about 9 years when I was bartending

It's not a giant disaster I finally went to professional who got ahold of them and contacted them and set up a payment plan.

every month I made a payment it took me about 5 years and I paid probably about 5000 extra maybe at the most interest and penalties it's not the end of the world

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

Sophy Wackles posted:

IRS agents carry guns and they will murder you. They know how to fill out all the reports correctly afterwards as well.

sounds like mod behavior. we should all make them suffer greatly

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hazed glam
Jun 11, 2018

Piggy Smalls posted:

Extension is over tomorrow. Owe 19,000 and have nothing to give. I’m hosed. Anyone else owe money after their extension is up?

hilarious av/post combo, :five: