Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MackAddie
Jul 10, 2001

Sophy Wackles posted:

IRS agents carry guns and they will murder you. They know how to fill out all the reports correctly afterwards as well.

Not only do they know how to fill out the forms, they are aroused by it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elviscat
Jan 1, 2008

Well don't you know I'm caught in a trap?

Back in 2008 I guess the IRS hosed up something on their end, and failed to return twelve dollars and seventeen cents that they owed me for withholding on my meager, part-time, minimum wage salary. By the time they figured it out, I had joined the military and moved away.

My Mom sent me the check, but I was busy with training, and the nearest branch of my bank was like an hour's drive away, and I didn't really need 12 bucks, so I forgot about it.

The check for $12.17 expired after a year, and they dutifully cut me a new one, which my Mom politely mailed to me, and I promptly completely forgot about, this time because I was deployed overseas.

The IRS continued mailing me checks at my parent's address annually. They didn't mail them to my address, they didn't attach them to my yearly return, they just implacably sent them to my parents/mom year after year.

In 2018, after a decade of living on the East Coast, I finally moved home, and the next summer in 2019, when the IRS sent the check again, my Mom asked me to please just go loving cash it this time, the bank's 5 minutes away, and I did, ending a decade long tradition.

That's my IRS story, also I'm a W2 employee who fails to report any cash income, so I have no relevant advice for your $19k in debt, besides they're not likely to forget about that.

great big cardboard tube
Sep 3, 2003

I had to pay the IRS $7 in taxes when I did my return this year. Worth it I guess I got a couple hundred back from my state.

I miss getting returns I could buy a cheap used car with.

BigBadSteve
Apr 29, 2009

pencilhands posted:

i cant stop farting my entire apartment smells like a ripped rear end

pre:
p e n c i l h a n d s
e                   s
n                   a
c
i
l                   d
h                   e
a                   p
n                   p
d                   i
s s a     d e p p i r

Punkinhead
Apr 2, 2015

Poor Pencilhands thought of taxes and ripped rear end so hard he died

Vampire Panties
Apr 18, 2001
nposter
Nap Ghost
OP you have to work out a payment plan with them. Their interest rates are way cheaper then credit cards and (sometimes) you can negotiate an offer in compromise.

Torquemada
Oct 21, 2010

Drei Gläser
Still boggling that the federal government trusts the average American to do their own taxes. Get taxed at source like a civilized country!

drilldo squirt
Aug 18, 2006

a beautiful, soft meat sack
Clapping Larry

Piggy Smalls posted:

Extension is over tomorrow. Owe 19,000 and have nothing to give. I’m hosed. Anyone else owe money after their extension is up?

Maybe manage your money better.

Sekenr
Dec 12, 2013

I want to become an IRS agent when I grow up

cinnamon rollout
Jun 12, 2001

The early bird gets the worm
I once owed between 1 and 2k, but I paid it and didn't file for an extension or anything. I think there was a lot of job switching and moving across country that year and things just got all hosed up you know

Treecko
Apr 23, 2008

The Official Demon Girl
Boss of 2022!
I do my own taxes OP. You gotta read the paperwork.

Its not even tax season, bout to get bucko bucks in February.

I owed state once, it was like 12 bucks lmao.

Treecko
Apr 23, 2008

The Official Demon Girl
Boss of 2022!
I had to pay back 500 once when someone didn't do thier job for Fed.

It was a simple phone call, oops, my bad.

Treecko
Apr 23, 2008

The Official Demon Girl
Boss of 2022!
I overpay like a motherfucker though so they can fix the streets and do quality of life BS

Got a cool 10k back last year

Taxes are easy, save your paperwork. If Will Ferral is knocking on your door, just don't open it. That's not really the IRS

Zoeb
Oct 8, 2023

Piggy Smalls posted:

Extension is over tomorrow. Owe 19,000 and have nothing to give. I’m hosed. Anyone else owe money after their extension is up?

What happened?

Zoeb
Oct 8, 2023
Also the extension is for the filing not for the payment due. That was due in April. You got to work out a payment plan with them.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
I get the exact same amount back every year from the gubmint but sometimes I owe the state anywhere from 5 to 50 dollars op. You should try doing that.

Strategic Tea
Sep 1, 2012

Imagine a tax system where ordinary people have to flay themselves trying to complete a tax return

Every

Year

BigBadSteve
Apr 29, 2009

Vampire Panties posted:

OP you have to work out a payment plan with them. Their interest rates are way cheaper then credit cards and (sometimes) you can negotiate an offer in compromise.

This, ASAP.

dsf
Jul 1, 2004

Thesaurus posted:

I'm still trying to resolve a tax issue from 2020. A state tax authority says that I owe like $20k. This is wrong (they actually owe me a few grand). I've been stuck in a Kafkaesque battle to try to resolve this for for three years now. It pops into my head every few weeks and torments me before receding again.

my father was in a very similar situation last year that only finally got resolved when he and his accountant sent a letter to his local representative explaining the situation. might be worth a try at least.

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

Pay your taxes you bum rear end dentist, this country don't run on IOUs and "I'll get ya next time"s

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
Lmao I forgot OP was the poop-denying dentist. Sell one of your Mercedes op

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

Venmo me

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.
You can always file a payment plan with the IRS because it's either that or they garnish your wages for a hell of a lot more than the payment plan is

What the hell did you do, trade crypto or something?

bertolt rekt
Jul 30, 2007

Seth Pecksniff posted:

You can always file a payment plan with the IRS because it's either that or they garnish your wages for a hell of a lot more than the payment plan is

What the hell did you do, trade crypto or something?

worse, he's self-employed

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.

bertolt rekt posted:

worse, he's self-employed

Oh if you didn't withhold correctly you in a world of pain OP and if you don't file for a payment plan like immediately they are going to wreck your world

R.L. Stine
Oct 19, 2007

welcome to dead gay dog house
you're hosed and you'll have deserved it op

Mr Luxury Yacht
Apr 16, 2012

On the plus side when they send you to jail you can at least tell everyone you're in there for the same poo poo that Al Capone did and have at least a few inmates think you're some mobster badass instead of an idiot who didn't remember to do the paperwork all functional adults manage to do on a yearly basis.

Nice and hot piss
Feb 1, 2004

I once owed $200 to the IRS and boy was I mad.

I can't imagine not paying $19k hoo boy that's a lot of meatballs.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
IRS found out OP doesn’t let his employees poop on company time.

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

The IRS owes me 20k, I've set up an installment plan so they can pay me back, they must be charging you so they can afford to pay me back, it's just economics.

Piggy Smalls
Jun 21, 2015

BOSS MAKES A DOLLAR,
YOU MAKE A DIME,
I'LL LICK HIS BOOT TILL THOSE MOTHERFUCKERS SHINE.

Didn’t make my quarterly payments. Already paid the state the 18,000 I owed them. Planning to pay 10,000 on Friday. I’ve been a good boy the last few years but this year messed up.

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

Sell your boat you goddamned bum

eSports Chaebol
Feb 22, 2005

Yeah, actually, gamers in the house forever,
one time the IRS said my mom owed them like $600 because she had understated her income so i was like "okay well in that case she didn't itemize her deductions let me redo her taxes and refile for her and she'll owe less" and they didnt like that itemization either but there were other deductions to claim so i counterfiled again and they just gave up and stopped asking for money because they probably had already spent more than $600 fighting a bored kid who enjoyed doing paperwork

idiotsavant
Jun 4, 2000
Make sure you show up to work 15 minutes early at your new job down at the IRS Dick Sucking Factory. Remember: on time is too late!!

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

The IRS owes me big bucks, I've sent some big bald headed guys with pipes to break their kneecaps

Private Cumshoe
Feb 15, 2019

AAAAAAAGAGHAAHGGAH

Torquemada posted:

Still boggling that the federal government trusts the average American to do their own taxes. Get taxed at source like a civilized country!

won't somebody please think of the convoluted taxation industry!!

Torquemada
Oct 21, 2010

Drei Gläser
Having had to endure bankruptcy and avoid jail because of tax evasion, I now recommend everyone pays their taxes in a timely manner.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Do you think I can deduct my Waifu Pillow as a business expense?

Private Cumshoe
Feb 15, 2019

AAAAAAAGAGHAAHGGAH

redshirt posted:

my Waifu Pillow

bruh don't give Mike Lindell any ideas

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tomfoolery
Oct 8, 2004

How much do you tip your IRS auditor? Is it like an extra $5, or do you do 10% of your return?