Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Whooping Crabs
Apr 13, 2010

Sorry for the derail but I fuckin love me some racoons

Earwicker posted:

i mean what makes chicago hot dogs good is all the stuff that goes on there, the actual hot dog itself is usually just a regular hot dog

Chicago dogs are typically made with Vienna beef natural casing hot dogs so you're wrong, sorry. Nobody is making a Chicago dog with lovely ballpark franks.

When I lived in London I found that there was a lot more bad bread and an insane amount of prepared food in the supermarket compared with continental Europe, and it was honestly more similar to the United States in those regards.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stoatbringer
Sep 15, 2004

naw, you love it you little ho-bot :roboluv:

steinrokkan posted:

In the US this is unnecessary because everybody brings a bottle of mayo / ranch /manch as part of their everyday carry.

Or just leave the restaurant to go and buy some.
https://god.dailydot.com/ranch-date-aita/

Szyznyk
Mar 4, 2008

Gasmask posted:

lol thank you for reminding me that Americans like to dress up like olde times people and walk around gnawing on turkey drumsticks

It doesn’t matter how medieval the faire is, you can still get deep fried Oreos.

Dell_Zincht
Nov 5, 2003

BATS FLY AT MOON posted:

:chloe:

That being said the personal tv at the table is a nice touch

This is almost definitely a Hungry Horse pub.

The food is like Wetherspoons, but somehow even worse.

Solefald
Jun 9, 2010

sleepy~capy

Dell_Zincht posted:

Oh god a hungry horse lmfao

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo

syntaxfunction posted:

Do people in the UK agree on a single version of a good as the best? Seems to be "meat pie" is just a meat pie wherever, same with a pasty or whatever.

Kind of like how in America everyone agrees Chicago hotdogs and New York pizza are clearly the best versions with very little disagreement.

Nobody outside of new yorkers think nyc pizza is the best, that's some Bodega Tweeter tier opinion

Mmm, really bland pizza by the slice, sold by a man in an I T A L I A hoodie and Yankees cap. poo poo is practically british

kru
Oct 5, 2003

redshirt posted:

I wonder what they have for food at British Fairs and Carnivals.

Cup of beans?

is this an alan partridge joke

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

Nobody outside of new yorkers think nyc pizza is the best, that's some Bodega Tweeter tier opinion

Mmm, really bland pizza by the slice, sold by a man in an I T A L I A hoodie and Yankees cap. poo poo is practically british

Oh sorry, I'm not American so I don't really know. What is the best pizza in America then?

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

Dell_Zincht posted:

Lol I just looked at their website and yes it is.

Even the pictures of the food on the menu looked bad.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

syntaxfunction posted:

Oh sorry, I'm not American so I don't really know. What is the best pizza in America then?

The Gorham House of Pizza!

WalletBeef
Jun 11, 2005

syntaxfunction posted:

Anywhere in Buffalo NY.

FUCK SNEEP
Apr 21, 2007

syntaxfunction posted:

little caesers, dominoes, pizza hut, papa johns. take your pick!

mysterious frankie
Jan 11, 2009

This displeases Dev- ..van. Shut up.

syntaxfunction posted:

None of us know but ancient prophecy foretells that, if we ever figure it out, the world will end. If you’ve kept up at all with our foreign and domestic policy you’ll understand that’s our main, hidden objective. Hence, the national dialogue rages on.

New York style pizza is good admittedly, but only if you eat it in New York. The secret is the water (they drug the water so that you’re constantly hallucinating you’re eating better food).

bad_fmr
Nov 28, 2007

Most american pizza is not even pizza but some weird thick doughy cheese-product pie.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

So, what do you eat at English Faires????

Pig Knuckles? Candied Eels? Blood Cakes?

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.

gently caress SNEEP posted:

little caesers, dominoes, pizza hut, papa johns. take your pick!

None of these pizzas qualify as good

They qualify as poo poo you eat when you really don't want to cook/have a party/are depressed/just want to lounge around for a day or so

Jimlit
Jun 30, 2005

Seth Pecksniff posted:

None of these pizzas qualify as good

They qualify as poo poo you eat when you really don't want to cook/have a party/are depressed/just want to lounge around for a day or so

The kicker is that all the chain pizza places are so understaffed in the US right now that they aren't cheaper or more convenient at this point.

Presto
Nov 22, 2002

Keep calm and Harry on.

Gasmask posted:

lol thank you for reminding me that Americans like to dress up like olde times people and walk around gnawing on turkey drumsticks
For some reason this year at the Maryland renfaire there were a lot of people wearing mushroom hats.

And there was one guy in a typical renfaire getup except also wearing a full Spiderman mask.

But I can confirm turkey legs.

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

lol americans freaking love their county and state faire like they love a bigass lawn

Presto
Nov 22, 2002

Keep calm and Harry on.
Pig barn, funnel cakes, and seeing who grew the biggest pumpkin. What more could you ask?

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

For strictly US style pizza, I became a big fan of Detroit style since moving here. It’s not something I saw in the UK (and I swear all our knowledge of Chicago style pizza comes from lovely frozen microwave brand Chicago Town, so eating the real thing was an experience) and despite my usual taste for thinner crusts there’s just something about it that really works.

When I have friends visit from back home I often order it for them to try as it’s a bit different.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo

syntaxfunction posted:

Free one you get once you amass all your dominos points

Stoatbringer
Sep 15, 2004

naw, you love it you little ho-bot :roboluv:

I will not have anyone belittle the fish finger sandwich!

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
here's from some pub in Sterling, Scotland

thats ketchup for these fajitas??

and I'm posting this one because of the absolutely bizarre accoutrement of two entire vines of tomatoes

Presto
Nov 22, 2002

Keep calm and Harry on.

Um, the burger is supposed to go on the bun.

Do they need Gordon Ramsey to come in and show them how to do it?

R.L. Stine
Oct 19, 2007

welcome to dead gay dog house
no, that's actually where the fries go

Flowers for QAnon
May 20, 2019

Earwicker posted:

i have no idea what you are looking at but if you go to any generic seafood place of the type that appears on every pier/boardwalk in touristy seaside areas on any coast in the us its on the menu at like all of them. its also a standard appetizer in east coast italian american places. and ive never seen it with just the rings. it actually kind of bothers me thinking theres some place out there only serving the rings and presumably throwing away the tentacles? hosed up

This is also the case in the Midwest and the west, lol. Mr Aardvark must live in a supremely “special” place

bad_fmr
Nov 28, 2007

If a plate of food can have depression this is what it would look like.

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

Flowers for QAnon posted:

This is also the case in the Midwest and the west, lol. Mr Aardvark must live in a supremely “special” place

i've posted 500 pages of supremely "special" places like the ones i grew up in in the Americana thread already op, this is long overturned ground. I want to hear about the weirdest shittiest poo poo Britain has to offer instead :colbert:

Panic! At The Tesco
Aug 19, 2005

FART

munchie box

Szyznyk
Mar 4, 2008

EL BROMANCE posted:

For strictly US style pizza, I became a big fan of Detroit style since moving here. It’s not something I saw in the UK (and I swear all our knowledge of Chicago style pizza comes from lovely frozen microwave brand Chicago Town, so eating the real thing was an experience) and despite my usual taste for thinner crusts there’s just something about it that really works.

When I have friends visit from back home I often order it for them to try as it’s a bit different.

I want to try a St Louis style pizza with the provel cheese but nobody within a thousand miles does it.

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

i know a bunch of people from chicago and none of them eat deep dish pizza as a regular thing at all, they all say the most popular pizza among actual residents of chicago is "tavern style" which i think is fairly common all over the midwest

Jelly
Feb 11, 2004

Ask me about my STD collection!

Earwicker posted:

i know a bunch of people from chicago and none of them eat deep dish pizza as a regular thing at all, they all say the most popular pizza among actual residents of chicago is "tavern style" which i think is fairly common all over the midwest

Doesn't surprise me, deep-dish is garbage-tier pizza

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mysterious frankie
Jan 11, 2009

This displeases Dev- ..van. Shut up.

Earwicker posted:

Yeah, deep dish is mainly for tourists. Aurelio’s is a pretty good chain restaurant representation of the style commonly eaten by area residents.