Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Stoatbringer
Sep 15, 2004

naw, you love it you little ho-bot :roboluv:

Tuna and mango chutney sandwiches are the food of the gods.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

free hubcaps
Oct 12, 2009

Stoatbringer posted:

Tuna and mango chutney sandwiches are the food of the gods.

The chthonic gods, maybe. I just threw up in my mouth a bit.

Szyznyk
Mar 4, 2008

Throwing English people out of the pizzeria (pit-zer-ria) for trying to order sweet corn and tuna on a pizza.

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

Stoatbringer posted:

Artificial cheese-flavoured dairy substitute.

It's made with real cheese though
It's delicious and extra melty

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
American cheese is the best cheese for burgers and cheese dogz.

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

Chinatown posted:

American cheese is the best cheese for burgers and cheese dogz.

Yep. The britains can't stand it

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

A grilled cheese with both havarti and american is extremely good

Presto
Nov 22, 2002

Keep calm and Harry on.

deep dish peat moss posted:

Outside of military bases I'm pretty sure Hawaii is the only place where you can say "Spam is good" in the US without getting chased off with pitchforks

I had a spam McMuffin at the Pearl Harbor McDonald's one time.

Wouldn't do it again.

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
yo they got mayonnaise on the tables over there lol

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

AARD VARKMAN posted:

:chloe:

That being said the personal tv at the table is a nice touch

FUCK SNEEP
Apr 21, 2007

AARD VARKMAN posted:

what are you complaining about? They even brought out the Good mayo

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

BATS FLY AT MOON posted:

:chloe:

That being said the personal tv at the table is a nice touch

Yea that rules but I wonder if they let u change the channel

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

gently caress SNEEP posted:

what are you complaining about? They even brought out the [Seriously] Good mayo

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

Lil Swamp Booger Baby posted:

Yea that rules but I wonder if they let u change the channel

British Televisions (tellys) only show soccer (football) so I don’t think it matters.

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

BATS FLY AT MOON posted:

British Televisions (tellys) only show soccer (football) so I don’t think it matters.

what about all those celebrity quiz shows

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

Earwicker posted:

what about all those celebrity quiz shows

Those are also called football

free hubcaps
Oct 12, 2009

Don't you guys sometimes watch the queen king do, er, whatever it is kings do

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
what am I looking at here

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

looks like a bit of fried calamari?

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
looks like deep fried calamari/baby squid OP. delish.

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

the tendrils are the best part of fried calamari anyway

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
im going to stick with my initial thought and say it's fried spiders

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

also im not sure whats particularly british about fried calamari its a common appetizer at most seafood places in the us and also a ton of italian places :confused:

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010
Do people in the UK agree on a single version of a good as the best? Seems to be "meat pie" is just a meat pie wherever, same with a pasty or whatever.

Kind of like how in America everyone agrees Chicago hotdogs and New York pizza are clearly the best versions with very little disagreement.

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

Earwicker posted:

also im not sure whats particularly british about fried calamari its a common appetizer at most seafood places in the us and also a ton of italian places :confused:

:shrug: I've somehow never seen the fried baby kind before despite thousands of hours spent looking at random restaurant photos. Only ever seen rings, I have seen other preps of baby squid though now that I think about it.

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

AARD VARKMAN posted:

:shrug: I've somehow never seen the fried baby kind before despite thousands of hours spent looking at random restaurant photos

i have no idea what you are looking at but if you go to any generic seafood place of the type that appears on every pier/boardwalk in touristy seaside areas on any coast in the us its on the menu at like all of them. its also a standard appetizer in east coast italian american places. and ive never seen it with just the rings. it actually kind of bothers me thinking theres some place out there only serving the rings and presumably throwing away the tentacles? hosed up

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

I wonder what they have for food at British Fairs and Carnivals.

Cup of beans?

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

Earwicker posted:

i have no idea what you are looking at but if you go to any generic seafood place of the type that appears on every pier/boardwalk in touristy seaside areas on any coast in the us its on the menu at like all of them. its also a standard appetizer in east coast italian american places. and ive never seen it with just the rings. it actually kind of bothers me thinking theres some place out there only serving the rings and presumably throwing away the tentacles? hosed up

It's just an inland/cost thing I guess, they just buy frozen rings. I had to look at the 15~ closest places to me with calamari on the menu to find one with anything more than rings just now, and it ended up being a very expensive place. None of the 10 or so places back home in the south have anything but rings. :911:

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

redshirt posted:

Cup of beans?

they're called "fetes" I think 🤔

Szyznyk
Mar 4, 2008

gently caress SNEEP posted:

what are you complaining about? They even brought out the Good mayo

That’s not Duke’s.

Foxfire_
Nov 8, 2010

syntaxfunction posted:

Kind of like how in America everyone agrees Chicago hotdogs and New York pizza are clearly the best versions with very little disagreement.
Chicago hot dogs are not particularly good, as far as hot dogs go

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

Foxfire_ posted:

Chicago hot dogs are not particularly good, as far as hot dogs go

idiot spotted

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

i mean what makes chicago hot dogs good is all the stuff that goes on there, the actual hot dog itself is usually just a regular hot dog

Foxfire_
Nov 8, 2010

Sweet relish is bad. Poppy seeds aren't great either.

West coast/Mexican Danger Dogs (bacon wrapped, with grilled onions and jalapenos, sold from a cart that probably doesn't have applicable food safety permit) are the superior hot dog. They're more popular than Chicago ones too, LA eats more hot dogs than Chicago

Mr Teatime
Apr 7, 2009

Presto posted:

You just need that one footnote from Good Omens:

"NOTE FOR YOUNG PEOPLE AND AMERICANS: One shilling = Five Pee. It helps to understand the antique finances of the Witchfinder Army if you know the original British monetary system:

Two farthings = One Ha'penny. Two ha'pennies = One Penny. Three pennies = A Thrupenny Bit. Two Thrupences = A Sixpence. Two Sixpences = One Shilling, or Bob. Two Bob = A Florin. One Florin and one Sixpence = Half a Crown. Four Half Crowns = Ten Bob Note. Two Ten Bob Notes = One Pound (or 240 pennies). One Pound and One Shilling = One Guinea.

The British resisted decimalized currency for a long time because they thought it was too complicated."

Grate Britane: shilling and farthing in my breeches.

bad_fmr
Nov 28, 2007

Eton mess. Thats what the government is called right.

Ratios and Tendency
Apr 23, 2010

:swoon: MURALI :swoon:

syntaxfunction posted:

Do people in the UK agree on a single version of a good as the best? Seems to be "meat pie" is just a meat pie wherever, same with a pasty or whatever.

Best meat pies are the NZ steak and cheese.

Brits put kidneys or gross cold pork in theirs.

ChickenOfTomorrow
Nov 11, 2012

god damn it, you've got to be kind

AARD VARKMAN posted:

WELCOME TO OUR EPIC
DRINKS MENU

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

AARD VARKMAN posted:

In the US this is unnecessary because everybody brings a bottle of mayo / ranch /manch as part of their everyday carry.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gasmask
Apr 27, 2003

And if thou gaze long into an abyss, the abyss will also gaze into thee

redshirt posted:

Cup of beans?

lol thank you for reminding me that Americans like to dress up like olde times people and walk around gnawing on turkey drumsticks