Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zeluth
May 12, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
2023 diet is like 1992 diet with even more diet to consider. (Same diet just new advertising agency.)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Toast is extremely good

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
If french food were actually good they would have fast food french restaurants with improved versions of the good foods.

Zeluth
May 12, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

Toast is extremely good

How did you bake your toast?

Zeluth
May 12, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Do you want to go medieval?

pencilhands
Aug 20, 2022

Khanstant posted:

If french food were actually good they would have fast food french restaurants with improved versions of the good foods.

i seriously dont get why french restaurants arent a thing as fast food or even a corner store type deal like italian restaurants in the northeast us. there are very few of them and they are always overbooked and quite expensive.

R.L. Stine
Oct 19, 2007

welcome to dead gay dog house
you could tell me the english still ate boiled turnips off of trenchers and i'd believe you

Zeluth
May 12, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
It's manners not to ask why your farts and burps at dinner table is not acceptable at the France Grand Palace.

Entitled people like the English knows when to poot.

Jelly
Feb 11, 2004

Ask me about my STD collection!
jesus christ

vegetables
Mar 10, 2012

I make something I call “British Cassoulet” where I mix pork scratchings into baked beans and eat it

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Always remember that the former President was dumber than the dumbest person you've ever met by a wide margin

Sitting down with a Knicker Bocker Glory, a Lancashire hotpot cooking in the oven. Doctor Who's on the telly, the Queen Mum's on her throne, and all is right in the bleedin' world.

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

I'm sure many have seen it but these people are ostensibly speaking English

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N_oIys5KS4A

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

Also it's pronounced Scones with a long "o" sound. If you wanna say "Scon", then spell it s-c-o-n.

HORSE-SLAUGHTERER
Nov 11, 2020

H O R S E - S L A U G H T E R E R

Toxic Mental posted:

Also it's pronounced Scones with a long "o" sound. If you wanna say "Scon", then spell it s-c-o-n.

:wrong:

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

Toxic Mental posted:

I'm sure many have seen it but these people are ostensibly speaking English

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N_oIys5KS4A

lmfao

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

Phone: "phone"
Stone: "stone"
Bone: "bone"
Tone: "tone"
Scone:

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

absolutely beuaotiful culture

Disco Pope
Dec 6, 2004

Top Class!

Jelly posted:

jesus christ

Nah, gently caress this, the Scottish stuff being low tier just shows how much the English hate us. Independence now!

Panic! At The Tesco
Aug 19, 2005

FART

Toxic Mental posted:

words get pronounced differently depending on the persons accent. some uk accents it rhymes with "gone" and some it rhymes with "moan" hth

Panic! At The Tesco
Aug 19, 2005

FART

Disco Pope posted:

Nah, gently caress this, the Scottish stuff being low tier just shows how much the English hate us. Independence now!

they can't even handle a white pudding supper down there

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

pencilhands posted:

i seriously dont get why french restaurants arent a thing as fast food or even a corner store type deal like italian restaurants in the northeast us. there are very few of them and they are always overbooked and quite expensive.

There was one near my workplace in downtown Hartford, cash-only, only open for lunch type of place but they got shut down for some pretty bad health code violations a few months before Covid.

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

What do jellied eels taste like

I've had eel before but not jellied

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
What if the toast sandwich were battered and deep fried

Panic! At The Tesco
Aug 19, 2005

FART

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

nobody knows because i don't think anyone has actually eaten them since like the 50's

Panic! At The Tesco
Aug 19, 2005

FART

BATS FLY AT MOON posted:

What if the toast sandwich were battered and deep fried

why waste the time to find out when you can batter and deep fry a pizza instead?

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

It's not the taste, its the experience of being surrounded by cockneys.

Edit: No poo poo, I would loving love a battered pizza.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

Panic! At The Tesco posted:

why waste the time to find out when you can batter and deep fry a pizza instead?

hot cocoa on the couch posted:

absolutely beuaotiful culture

Sancho Banana
Aug 4, 2023

Not to be confused with meat.

Repentance is always an option

Panic! At The Tesco
Aug 19, 2005

FART

yous would all change your minds if you ate one. honestly they're banging. a once or maybe twice a year type meal though.

yugioh mishima
Oct 22, 2020

i ate a half pizza crunch once. it was worth doing, but it is also sensible to never have another one again.

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

Do these come with varied toppings (or fillings I guess) like regular pizza or is it just cheese

Zeluth
May 12, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Don't bring Italy into your breaded Mozzeraller cheese plhase.

Panic! At The Tesco
Aug 19, 2005

FART

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

Do these come with varied toppings (or fillings I guess) like regular pizza or is it just cheese

usually just a cheese and tomato in most chippys but there are some who will have others. honestly think it would be too much with more toppings though

Joke Miriam
Nov 17, 2019

Hate that black pudding is illegal because of our overly stringent regulations safeguarding against anthrax and prion diseases.

Unironically.

Zeluth
May 12, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
It's Greece that suffers. Gyros slicing!

yugioh mishima
Oct 22, 2020

The enigma of british cuisine

this is my toad-in-the-hole! it was made for me!

roomtone
Jul 1, 2021

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 20 days!)

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

I used to get them from a takeaway at lunchtime in school and they had all their usual pizza flavours with the pizza crunch option. Used to get a chili chicken one. I remember loving it, it had a unique flavour, but that was when I was young and that kind of food would bounce off me. I'd probably feel like poo poo all day if I ate it now.

Solefald
Jun 9, 2010

sleepy~capy

I am back and I am MAD

Solefald
Jun 9, 2010

sleepy~capy

British food is GOOD actually!!!!!!!!!!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Roblo
Dec 10, 2007

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

A Fancy Hat posted:

I'm American so I don't have any room to talk, but I cannot imagine walking into a restaurant and ordering "the bubble and squeak" or a "jam roly poly". Feels like you're living in an IHOP and asking for the Rooty Tooty Fresh n' Fruity every day.

I garuntee that no one is eating either of them in any resteraunt in the UK.

The vast majority of foods that get named every time this topic comes up are 50s-70s cooking, often stuff that came out of WW2 rationing, that no one eats any more.