Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m
Apr 16, 2017

Í̝̰ ͓̯̖̫̹̯̤A҉m̺̩͝ ͇̬A̡̮̞̠͚͉̱̫ K̶e͓ǵ.̻̱̪͖̹̟̕
i dunno it seems like every single developer/builder/landlord out there thinks that the choices people should have for living are either a place that looks like a dentist's office or a place that looks like a hotel room (for renting it out on airbnb as a hotel room)

sucks

sucks

sucks

i hate it and it sucks poo poo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aglet56
Sep 1, 2011
hmm, looks pretty ugly. better freak out about western civilization on the internet

Honky Mao
Dec 26, 2012

Wrong I love fake grey wood floors and thick sloppy white paint over every last remnant of real wood

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m
Apr 16, 2017

Aglet56 posted:

hmm, looks pretty ugly. better freak out about western civilization on the internet

i think it's possible to think that the current state of popular interior design looks like absolute dogshit while also not doing that other thing

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m
Apr 16, 2017

Honky Mao posted:

Wrong I love fake grey wood floors and thick sloppy white paint over every last remnant of real wood

it's all particleboard so that it falls apart within 10 years

Pentecoastal Elites
Feb 27, 2007

I get not liking this sort of design it's not that bad in actual practice. if you actually live in it you put up art and pictures of your family and the oranges you just bought or whatever and it's fine because the actual elements of the room just kind of fade out and its just fully non obtrusive. boring but whatever. the kitchen with the black cabinets would be perfectly ok to live and cook in. it'd look like an actual room real people use a few weeks after you move in.

the real sick freaks are the ones whose houses and apartments look like these pictures years after they've been living in it, but that's a sickness of the soul that no interior design will be able to correct.

Pentecoastal Elites
Feb 27, 2007

that said the 1st and 3rd pictures are really bad for all the useless wasted space and especially no curb on the shower

Hatebag
Jun 17, 2008

it's just whatever is cheap right now. there's diminishing returns for installing anything fancier than "average" so they just use what materials will get them the biggest return, which is the hotel/office aesthetic.
but also, obviously what is average depends on the location so a developer in potomac, md is going to be building to a different standard than one in jackson, mo
if you want good aesthetics in your house you're probably best off buying a lovely house and remodeling it. that costs a lot of money, though

aw frig aw dang it
Jun 1, 2018

I don't have strong kitchen opinions, op

Pentecoastal Elites
Feb 27, 2007

also what is good interior design that's not extremely expensive? I grew up in a pretty typical looking 80s-90s suburban american single family townhouse and it looked like poo poo too

Delta-Wye
Sep 29, 2005
i also miss living in a glorious double wide filled with fake wood paneling and cheap linoleum

Delta-Wye
Sep 29, 2005
save are culture

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord
The range in the island is just the dumbest thing. Spewing fumes and grease all over my kitchen so I don't have to turn around to watch TV and yell at the kids while I cook.

Pentecoastal Elites
Feb 27, 2007

wtf are you cooking that is spewing fumes???

Pentecoastal Elites
Feb 27, 2007

mf in his kitchen refining petroleum

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord
Sauteing or pan-frying stuff makes smoke sometimes. There's no vent above that range.

Hatebag
Jun 17, 2008

Nothus posted:

The range in the island is just the dumbest thing. Spewing fumes and grease all over my kitchen so I don't have to turn around to watch TV and yell at the kids while I cook.

the one in the op has a vent hood, as they typically do. but yeah i wouldn't want a huge pot of bolognese spewing sauce in the middle of my kitchen like some kinda italian sprinkler, though

nice obelisk idiot
May 18, 2023

funerary linens looking like dishrags
it's kind of a false dilemma set up there between everything being a postmodern office and ~*AEsthetics of RETVRN *~ people being tasteful or right beyond the surface level notion that things were sometimes better in the past

Hatebag
Jun 17, 2008

Nothus posted:

Sauteing or pan-frying stuff makes smoke sometimes. There's no vent above that range.

it's right in the top middle of the pic

Pentecoastal Elites
Feb 27, 2007

Hatebag posted:

but yeah i wouldn't want a huge pot of bolognese spewing sauce in the middle of my kitchen like some kinda italian sprinkler, though

agree w/ this

Oct 19, 2023
everything is contaminated by austerity

aw frig aw dang it
Jun 1, 2018

numbers guy don't miss

Oct 19, 2023

Delta-Wye posted:

save are culture

SPEAK ENGLISH!

Oct 19, 2023

aw frig aw dang it posted:

numbers guy don't miss

don't mess, comin at me with some retard basement poo poo....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rEu1dFLwf3E

Pentecoastal Elites
Feb 27, 2007

101923 posted:

everything is contaminated by austerity

chilling out next 2 my chamber pot w/ my knicknacks, 6 led candle flames, and wood framed wood

Delta-Wye
Sep 29, 2005
goons, tired of poopsocking, yearn for the return of the chamber pot

Pentecoastal Elites
Feb 27, 2007

bring me my finest whiskey and exactly 3 plums

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

second one is good but i'm a total slut for modernism. i don't have handles on my doors and drawers either. but gently caress gas, I'd want electric or induction just for the looks

Pentecoastal Elites posted:

that said the 1st and 3rd pictures are really bad for all the useless wasted space and especially no curb on the shower

it's a zero threshold shower, which works but obviously the floor itself needs to be sloped in a certain way. you also need the floor to be heated otherwise you will be freezing your rear end off in the shower without a curtain or door

Nothus posted:

there is, it's only partially in the picture though

actionjackson has issued a correction as of 20:00 on Oct 19, 2023

Hatebag
Jun 17, 2008

i think that's a bucket for holding wood, not a chamber pot. though that fireplace doesn't look used or even deep enough to be an actual fireplace

Weka
May 5, 2019

That child totally had it coming. Nobody should be able to be out at dusk except cars.
What do these Greek statue fellows want me to live in, a parthenon?

bring me my finest whiskey and exactly 3 plums

You needs to say that so your butler doesn't prank you with his balls when you ask for two plums.

101923_2nd
Oct 19, 2023

chilling out next 2 my chamber pot w/ my knicknacks, 6 led candle flames, and wood framed wood

what's up with the degradations and missing elements, yeah?

101923_2nd
Oct 19, 2023

Delta-Wye posted:

goons, tired of poopsocking, yearn for the return of the chamber pot

chilling out next 2 my chamber pot

Pentecoastal Elites
Feb 27, 2007

everytime I look at number guy's ashley furniture presents a rich guy's living room it looks faker and gayer. gonna keep my ottoman exactly in the middle of the room on top of my home depot 9x11 bulk order persian rug. what can I put on this window ledge? why, my lamp, of which there is exactly 1 in the room and no other lighting besides my misaligned led candles. are those buttplugs in the bookshelf? pissing me off!!!

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

https://hivemodern.com/pages/product3261/moooi-front-design-horse-lamp

Only registered members can see post attachments!

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

Weembles
Apr 19, 2004

Remember when everyone was sharing that comic abotu how instead of making passwords fromrandom numbers and letters you should use phrases like FrontDesignHorseLamp?

Jon Pod Van Damm
Apr 6, 2009

THE POSSESSION OF WEALTH IS IN AND OF ITSELF A SIGN OF POOR VIRTUE. AS SUCH:
1 NEVER TRUST ANY RICH PERSON.
2 NEVER HIRE ANY RICH PERSON.
BY RULE 1, IT IS APPROPRIATE TO PRESUME THAT ALL DEGREES AND CREDENTIALS HELD BY A WEALTHY PERSON ARE FRAUDULENT. THIS JUSTIFIES RULE 2--RULE 1 NEEDS NO JUSTIFIC

wouldn't you need a house first to be concerned about the interior design inside it

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
I live in a cave that I have never left in my life

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

also what is good interior design that's not extremely expensive? I grew up in a pretty typical looking 80s-90s suburban american single family townhouse and it looked like poo poo too
these are good + cheap