Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

second one is good but i'm a total slut for modernism. i don't have handles on my doors and drawers either. but gently caress gas, I'd want electric or induction just for the looks

Pentecoastal Elites posted:

that said the 1st and 3rd pictures are really bad for all the useless wasted space and especially no curb on the shower

it's a zero threshold shower, which works but obviously the floor itself needs to be sloped in a certain way. you also need the floor to be heated otherwise you will be freezing your rear end off in the shower without a curtain or door

Nothus posted:

Sauteing or pan-frying stuff makes smoke sometimes. There's no vent above that range.

there is, it's only partially in the picture though

actionjackson has issued a correction as of 20:00 on Oct 19, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

https://hivemodern.com/pages/product3261/moooi-front-design-horse-lamp

Only registered members can see post attachments!

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

some scandinavian stuff is a bit TOO warm for me (white oak for days), but I have some stuff I really like from muuto and softline. good stuff is definitely NOT inexpensive though, it's just that the market is filled with cheap crap. good stuff from any style is going to be expensive of course.

also quite a few of the most prominent modernist designers are scandinavian (saarinen, jacobsen, wegner, juhl)

good design is about a style or styles you like and making it work together cohesively. this is why a good designer is worth their weight in gold.

actionjackson has issued a correction as of 02:37 on Oct 20, 2023

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

my posting zone

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

so people walk by and just stare at you all the time

where are the curtains man you're completely exposed

lmao

you really can't see in clearly during the day during the glare, but in either case that's part of our condo/townhome property so it's not like the general public is passing by my window. in a typical day I don't even see a single person out there

i also have these for privacy and sun blockage - they can open from just the top, the bottom, or both. definitely necessary being on the first floor. you can't see them in that picture though because they are all the way up

https://www.hunterdouglas.com/window-treatments/shades/cellular-shades/duette

poemdexter posted:

you can just say you don't cook.

I do cook (sometimes), mostly in a dutch oven (at least in the winter) and haven't had any issues with electric/ceramic. I would have done induction but at the time I got my range they were still quite a bit more expensive.

or are you one of those "REAL cooks only use gas" people

actionjackson has issued a correction as of 18:19 on Oct 20, 2023

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

zoomed out posting station view showing the shades. i just got that pendant from gubi, big fan

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

ok I didn't really follow all that, but I'm glad dutch oven is a good option. Also the rings for my ceramic are a bit better match for my cookware. I have four that are 6", and two that are 9.5", whereas the induction ones from the brand I have only have 6, 7, and 11 inches for some reason. I also just got a stainless steel frying pan and saucepot so hopefully those work out well!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

poemdexter posted:

I can't afford a house so I'm stuck with electric. But my stove top looks like absolute rear end from moving my pans around. It just seems really easy to scratch up electric glass top stoves and if you're going for aesthetics, nothing looks worse than a scratched up stove top.

REAL cooks use their kitchens. It always looks like the stove has never been touched in all the photos in this thread.

I mean those photos are of new properties so they literally haven't been used

I don't have an issue with scratches being noticeable unless I'm literally standing right in front of it and have the lights on (which I'm only doing when using it of course). i make sure not to slide things on the surface though.