Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ohtori Akio
Jul 15, 2022
nice loving tits.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stinky Wizzleteats
Nov 26, 2015

They pay the bills

Soup du Jour
Sep 8, 2011

I always knew I'd die with a headache.

Ohtori Akio posted:

rcoky horrors alright but really falls off in the back half

list of musicals that have a stronger second half than the first is basically none

Stinky Wizzleteats
Nov 26, 2015

If Bronson is a musical then there's Bronson

Ohtori Akio
Jul 15, 2022

Soup du Jour posted:

list of musicals that have a stronger second half than the first is basically none

its not normally so precipitous imo. youre generally right though

Gravid Topiary
Feb 16, 2012

Ohtori Akio posted:

lol if you watch a movie of a musical other than the old west side story

i like the norman jewison super 1970s "jesus christ superstar" movie

Ohtori Akio
Jul 15, 2022
i do love christ...

Gravid Topiary
Feb 16, 2012

those shiny shiny helmets getting everybody all psalm 42ed up

have they done a stage version of the BtVS musical episode? i'm not going to look it up because i don't care but i bet that would do numbers

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

Gleichheit soll gedeihen

Gravid Topiary posted:

those shiny shiny helmets getting everybody all psalm 42ed up

have they done a stage version of the BtVS musical episode? i'm not going to look it up because i don't care but i bet that would do numbers

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jS5YUSdhe-U

i shant be watching it

webcams for christ
Nov 2, 2005

Fuligin posted:

The people are
The heroes now
Behemoth pulls
The peasants plow

webcams for christ
Nov 2, 2005

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dLSeAj9pqZ8

Goon Boots
Feb 2, 2020

good god

Gravid Topiary
Feb 16, 2012

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

Ohtori Akio posted:

many cases such as this. also for original musical films ive got a dark secret to share with the class. i saw la la land like five times in theaters

Lala Land was fun. I really enjoyed the last 30 minutes where ol dude sees his old flame at the show and plays piano to show what life could have been if they stayed together and it was just so so tragic but she needed to marry that boo boo producer dude to follow her own LA dreams.

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat
I like Book of Mormon

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dtryxTPxVR4

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001

KirbyKhan posted:

Lala Land was fun. I really enjoyed the last 30 minutes where ol dude sees his old flame at the show and plays piano to show what life could have been if they stayed together and it was just so so tragic but she needed to marry that boo boo producer dude to follow her own LA dreams.

I liked Once a lot but idk if it's actually cringe because I watched it like 15 years ago

webcams for christ
Nov 2, 2005

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1zY1orxW8Aw

webcams for christ has issued a correction as of 18:09 on Oct 21, 2023

Nix Panicus
Feb 25, 2007

I saw a production of this and was surprised it wasnt garbage

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

big fan of Music Man. politics wise idk not much to write home about. Just love a good con man and Prof Harold Hill is one of the best.

I guess the end is very funny, all these Americans convincing themselves that sincd they spent all their money and time on this guys bullshit that actually the outcome must be awesome. Possibly the BEST marching band Iowa has ever seen. No doubt about it. Roll credits

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZYnpwGBawYQ

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob
Sweeney Todd has some pretty alright politics. Anarchistic cannibalism vs. upper classes.

Pretzel Rod Serling
Aug 6, 2008

Urinetown is a great show but at the end everyone dies because of the revolution and the cast gets together to shout “Hail Malthus!”

Ohtori Akio
Jul 15, 2022
the wizard of oz politics

Ohtori Akio
Jul 15, 2022
scratch that. the wicked witch of the west politics

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

Ohtori Akio posted:

scratch that. the wicked witch of the west politics

oh, u mean elphaba???

Ohtori Akio
Jul 15, 2022
cspam: elphaba did nothing wrong

d&d: the use of water to melt the wicked witch of the west was a proportionate response to her crimes

gbs: would piss work too

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001

Ohtori Akio posted:

d&d: the use of water to melt the wicked witch of the west was a proportionate response to her crimes

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

Ohtori Akio posted:

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022

Ohtori Akio posted:

F Stop Fitzgerald
Dec 12, 2010

busby berkeley ftw

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

Esther Williams doesnt count as musical theater. user loses posting privileges for one day

Ohtori Akio
Jul 15, 2022
new production of cats where theyre all spayed/neutered and indoors only

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

i saw an off broadway production of the monty python cash in musical it was ok i guess not as good an off broadway experience as seeing that edward albee play about the guy who fucks a goat

Pretzel Rod Serling
Aug 6, 2008

I think Bloody Bloody Andrew Jackson was…anti-Andrew Jackson? is that good politics?

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

Pretzel Rod Serling posted:

I think Bloody Bloody Andrew Jackson was…anti-Andrew Jackson? is that good politics?

never saw this but i saw the signs plenty of times so when hamilton got famous i was very confused because i thought it was that

Pretzel Rod Serling
Aug 6, 2008

when Sara Porkalob gave that interview about how the all-WoC revival of 1776 she was in was cringe and liberal and she only gives like 75% effort, that was C-SPAM to me

Gravid Topiary
Feb 16, 2012

Ohtori Akio posted:

new production of cats where theyre all spayed/neutered and indoors only

cats was the first live theatrical anything i saw when i was a little kid, i got to sit really close to the stage at the end and see the giant bean cans and poo poo, it was awesome

Ohtori Akio
Jul 15, 2022
cats ftw.

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

i... liked the insane movie lol

like i just sat there and let it wash over me and was just kinda amused and entertained by how loving weird and lively it was

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ohtori Akio
Jul 15, 2022
it was a good movie to be on drugs for but it was a very very bad performance of the musical imo.