Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

Its just not so knock it off you lousy doper

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jailbrekr
Apr 8, 2002
A TOWN LEVELED BY AN EXPLOSION? DOZENS LIKELY KILLED? OH GOD LET ME SEE THAT SWEET VIDEO OH MY GOD I'M CUMMING
:fap::fap::fap::fap::fap::fap::fap::fap:
Then what is it?

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

Jailbrekr posted:

Then what is it?

its just a regular pipeweed that wizards smoke but DONT GET HIGH ON like in the way hipies get high on mary jane. I'm JRR Tolkein here to clear this up its not the first time

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
but it does get you high in its own particular way anyways, right?

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

sure old man *rips doobie*

Jailbrekr
Apr 8, 2002
A TOWN LEVELED BY AN EXPLOSION? DOZENS LIKELY KILLED? OH GOD LET ME SEE THAT SWEET VIDEO OH MY GOD I'M CUMMING
:fap::fap::fap::fap::fap::fap::fap::fap:

Poohs Packin posted:

its just a regular pipeweed that wizards smoke but DONT GET HIGH ON like in the way hipies get high on mary jane. I'm JRR Tolkein here to clear this up its not the first time

Well you would need a reason to smoke it, otherwise they're just burning stuff and making their lungs ache. I'd frown on the idea that Tolkien would be a proponent of nicotene, considering how devastating it has been to society as a whole. I'd like to think Tolkien was a fan of the devils lettuce, and perhaps some of the LOTR trilogy was dreamt up after smoking a fat doobie. It would explain the loving eagles, thats for sure.

Jelly
Feb 11, 2004

Ask me about my STD collection!
actually it's whatever the hell i want it to be given the context

Jabberlock
Nov 29, 2014

I thought goons were old but now we have someone who's pushing 130 over here

Blurry Gray Thing
Jun 3, 2009

Poohs Packin posted:

Its just not so knock it off you lousy doper

J. R. R. Tolkien insisted elves were always straight. Except, in the Hobbit, the elven chief of the guards and the elven king's butler get a bunch of booze, go to a private place, get drunk, and end up "falling asleep" together.

In conclusion, Tolkien is sometimes clearly and provably wrong about his own work.

free hubcaps
Oct 12, 2009

Oh yea john ron well why did they make reference to the weed having psychoactive effects huh

Trying to retcon weed out of your book won't make you any more royalties, just embrace it

Visions of Valerie
Jun 18, 2023

Come this autumn, we'll be miles away...

Jailbrekr posted:

Well you would need a reason to smoke it, otherwise they're just burning stuff and making their lungs ache. I'd frown on the idea that Tolkien would be a proponent of nicotene, considering how devastating it has been to society as a whole. I'd like to think Tolkien was a fan of the devils lettuce, and perhaps some of the LOTR trilogy was dreamt up after smoking a fat doobie. It would explain the loving eagles, thats for sure.

So basically J. R. R. Tokin' then?

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

Visions of Valerie posted:

So basically J. R. R. Tokin' then?

G. R. R. Tolkin's A Bong of Ice and Fire: The Fellowship of the Bling

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

Blurry Gray Thing posted:

J. R. R. Tolkien insisted elves were always straight. Except, in the Hobbit, the elven chief of the guards and the elven king's butler get a bunch of booze, go to a private place, get drunk, and end up "falling asleep" together.

In conclusion, Tolkien is sometimes clearly and provably wrong about his own work.

elves arent gay either

pipe weed is not marijuana and elves have exclusively heterosexual elf sex

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Pipe weed is tobacco, but a different strain from our own species of genus nicotiana which has no health effects and is fun to smoke. A kind of 'wacky tobaccy' if you will.

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.
There is a 1980's MSDOS lord of the rings text adventure game where you can get high on pipeweed and then murder your hobbit friends in cold blood who do not react nor know how to smoke pipeweed.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vc99nX_eN2k&t=441s

free hubcaps
Oct 12, 2009

Poohs Packin posted:

elves arent gay either

Bullshit, I read those books your son published with all your drafts, explain Legolas's cousin Sodomos

Jelly
Feb 11, 2004

Ask me about my STD collection!

Tunicate posted:

Pipe weed is tobacco, but a different strain from our own species of genus nicotiana which has no health effects and is fun to smoke. A kind of 'wacky tobaccy' if you will.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-owB4IBjyaY

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
i leik teh smoek wed :kiddo:

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe
It's true that the pipeweed is not marijuana. However, Farmer Maggot's mushrooms are definitely psilocybin and Bombadil is on LSD in every scene he appears in. (This is the main reason he was cut from every film adaptation, because acid is illegal.)

I know this because I'm J. R. R. Tolkien's son, Jr. R. Tolkien.

Hairy Right Hook
Sep 9, 2001

Hee to the ho
Do the drat drugs already, poo poo, everyone's done drugs even fictional people and they seem ok

Henry Lee Mucus
Dec 11, 2003

Even JR Fuckwit said weed sucks, become a degenerate alcoholic oh hell yeah

(it’s in the silmarillion)

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Would he have known about marijuana in 1925 or whatever?

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

HI IM J.R.R. TOLKEIN AND WELCOME TO MINES OF MORIA HOTBOX CHALLENGE

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

Poohs Packin posted:

if it doesnt get you high then how was gandalf's mind slowed due to his love of the halflings' leaf?

Clowner
Dec 13, 2006

Further in
I know that they aren't smoking ganj in those darn books so I take one for the team and smoke some myself when I read them. Everybody wins (except Sauron)

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
You aren't JRR Tolkein, you're forums poster Pooh's Packin. Guys don't be fooled, this one is still undecided.

Peter Falk
Sep 29, 2023
Pipeweed is Salvia. All them hobbits falling down and disassociating.

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

redshirt posted:

Would he have known about marijuana in 1925 or whatever?

yes but he would've pronounced it mariHWANA and thought poorly of it as it was associated heavily with mexicans who are considered a scourge

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

Earwicker posted:

if it doesnt get you high then how was gandalf's mind slowed due to his love of the halflings' leaf?

ITS A DIFFERENT THING ALTOGETHER SARUMAN WAS BASICALLY JUST NEGGING HIM BECAUSE HES A MEAN OLD GIT

meat police
Nov 14, 2015

gandalf was honkin mad bobo in that thing

naem
May 29, 2011

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010
The Elves aren't gay because it was like an Athenian sort of thing. Despite pounding it out the Elven Balls never touched, so it was straight you know.

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

meat police posted:

gandalf was honkin mad bobo in that thing

the 2006 aerosmith album that game with a free harmonica

covidstomper58
Nov 8, 2020

You got it all wrong, weed was invented in the 1960s by Timothy Leary to make the enemies of america not want to fight, it was inspired by Tolkien.

Grey Cat
Jun 3, 2023

Doing stuff and things

Poohs Packin posted:

elves arent gay either

Op's just a cranky dwarven bigot.
Probably prefers eating moss and hoarding wealth underground.

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010

Grey Cat posted:

That's a dragon.

Grey Cat
Jun 3, 2023

Doing stuff and things

syntaxfunction posted:

That's a dragon.

No, dragons eat dwarves and collect wealth underground, very easy mistake.

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

Grey Cat posted:

dont doxx me

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

I just want to drop the bit for a moment and re-state that Aerosmith released an album in 2006 called Honkin' on Bobo and it came with a free Harmonica.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

I bet Gandalf the White can just conjure up a QT whenever.