Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

Honestly, the phrase just triggers me. I mean I imagine people like to use it when they're talking about dog food, like some hosed up raw diet that they feed their dog that they literally say. Oh this is so cool. It's a home cooked meal... For my dog and it's like what is that actually mean? Like I hear this constantly and all the loving time and it just is such a trigger word. Like oh you just need a home cooked meal or oh you'll fix your sickness with a home cooked meal. Or would you like a home cooked meal honey or some bullshit like that? Like it just annoys the hell out of me and it's just such a trigger. I honestly could fall over and die the next time I hear it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

Sounds like you could use a home cooked meal

covidstomper58
Nov 8, 2020

Sounds like you need a good home cooked meal. Look I can't eat leftovers, but I bought a box of cheesy shells helper and a pound of ground chuck and if I try to put the extras in a soup container I have to move my condiments around. So it seems like we both got a problem we can solve together.

Blurry Gray Thing
Jun 3, 2009
OP, it's when some food has been cooked at home, instead of just taken out of the freezer and microwaved or bought at the local McDonalds.

The health benefits vs. the alternatives are overstated, but, broadly, it's still better for you.

20 Blunts
Jan 21, 2017
i just had me a home cooked meal, you should try it too

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005
No, in fact I have repeatedly apologized to my husband that because of work stress I haven't been in the mood to cook our usual 2-3 meals a week for a couple of weeks.

After years of cooking I have developed the muscle memory to cook several meals that perfectly fit our taste profiles in a way that no restaurant could ever do.

I guess no one has ever loved you enough to cook a proper meal for you? My parents couldn't cook for poo poo but they at least paid a maid to do it for us almost every day.

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
No not at all, and frankly, if the majority of the meals you eat aren't home cooked then you really need to sort out your life.

covidstomper58
Nov 8, 2020

If you can gather the minimum of five ingredients together and cook them in a building where someone sleeps you have made a home cooked meal. This will restore health, unlike food you loot from containers which only restore hunger and thirst.

Slugworth
Feb 18, 2001

If two grown men can't make a pervert happy for a few minutes in order to watch a film about zombies, then maybe we should all just move to Iran!
I think it's pretty reasonable to assume everyone should be able to prepare a better meal in their home than a trained chef.

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.

WAR CRIME GIGOLO posted:

Honestly, the phrase just triggers me. I mean I imagine people like to use it when they're talking about dog food, like some hosed up raw diet that they feed their dog that they literally say. Oh this is so cool. It's a home cooked meal... For my dog and it's like what is that actually mean? Like I hear this constantly and all the loving time and it just is such a trigger word. Like oh you just need a home cooked meal or oh you'll fix your sickness with a home cooked meal. Or would you like a home cooked meal honey or some bullshit like that? Like it just annoys the hell out of me and it's just such a trigger. I honestly could fall over and die the next time I hear it.

I'm gonna push you down

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010
I love home cooked meals and when I get to cook for people who are too busy and stressed that they struggle to make food at home it makes me feel good.

OP sounds like they live off fast food and enjoy it.

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

don't cook where you live, it'll stink the whole place up

Spinz
Jan 7, 2020

I ordered luscious new gemstones from India and made new earrings for my SA mart thread

Remember my earrings and art are much better than my posting

New stuff starts towards end of page 3 of the thread

PokeJoe posted:

SAY YOHO
Oct 5, 2021
In one pot throw it a can of crushed tomatoes, with the most basic spices you could own like oregano and black pepper, garlic/onion powder. Do you have a vegetable in your fridge? Chop it up and put it in there. In another pot boil water and throw in some pasta. That hole it that pasta "spoon"? that's a single portion of spaghetti unless you didn't make a side. You didn't make a side, so add more. Add salt with Kraft parm. Tabasco to taste.

flubber nuts
Oct 5, 2005

Home cooked meal. Home cooked meal.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
No OP I don't give a poo poo and neither should you.

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

I LITERALLY SLEEP IN A RACING CAR. DO YOU?
p.s. ask me about my subscription mattress
Ultra Carp
yes

RapturesoftheDeep
Jan 6, 2013
Legally in the US it is not a "meal" unless it is cooked in a residence, things cooked elsewhere can be "lunch" "dinner" "breakfast" or "snacks" but legally they will never use "meal" for them. The USDA passed a law about this in like the 40s, there used to be a bunch of videos about this on Youtube but they TOOK THEM DOWN HUH I WONDER WHO MADE THEM DO THAT

Junk
Dec 20, 2003

Listen to reason, man. Why make your job difficult?
i will pray for you op

The Loin King
Feb 16, 2017

Check out this goddamned cat
I eat a lot of frozen pizza

flubber nuts
Oct 5, 2005

a choke mode mole

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

I just take it as synonymous with no preservatives, I've never considered getting upset about it.

Hmm, I might be with you op, gently caress THAT.

BasicLich
Oct 22, 2020

A very smart little mouse!

PokeJoe posted:

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

This trigger triggered my triggering triggers until I triggered myself

Whybird
Aug 2, 2009

Phaiston have long avoided the tightly competetive defence sector, but the IRDA Act 2052 has given us the freedom we need to bring out something really special.

https://team-robostar.itch.io/robostar

Nap Ghost

syntaxfunction posted:

I love home cooked meals and when I get to cook for people who are too busy and stressed that they struggle to make food at home it makes me feel good.

This, I love cooking and a bunch of my friends were never taught or have big anxiety about cooking so it always makes me happy when I can give them something they really like at basically no effort

Deep Glove Bruno
Sep 4, 2015

yung swamp thang

Three Olives posted:

After years of cooking I have developed the muscle memory to cook several meals that perfectly fit our taste profiles in a way that no restaurant could ever do.

knowing how to cook is not a life hack you goofball

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
Then why is it so epic?

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010
EPIC LIFE HAX

SALT
AND
PEPPER

SMASH THAT poo poo ON YOUR FOOD YOU'RE WELCOME

ALSO BACON CAUSE THAT'S STILL AN OBSESSION SOME FUCKS HAVE

LIKE SUBSCRIBE AND RING MY MOTHERFUCKING BELL

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

It seems so obvious, but I've been at extremely nice places that failed their seasoning test.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Just like Grandma used to make, MMm-Mmm!

Spazzle
Jul 5, 2003

syntaxfunction posted:

EPIC LIFE HAX

SALT
AND
PEPPER

SMASH THAT poo poo ON YOUR FOOD YOU'RE WELCOME

ALSO BACON CAUSE THAT'S STILL AN OBSESSION SOME FUCKS HAVE

LIKE SUBSCRIBE AND RING MY MOTHERFUCKING BELL

Time to post the chili comic

STABASS
Apr 18, 2009

Fun Shoe
OP trying to subtly tell me he'd like to eat something besides cheese melted on triscuits and me shaking my head and pointing to one of the HOME COOKED MEAL plaques I have hung up in every room of the house

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

STABASS posted:

OP trying to subtly tell me he'd like to eat something besides cheese melted on triscuits and me shaking my head and pointing to one of the HOME COOKED MEAL plaques I have hung up in every room of the house

Bro, melted cheese on Triscuits, with other toppings, is one of my favorite home cooked meals.

Slice of cheese, slice of onion, slice of jalapeno, slice of cheese, dab of hot sauce.
Bake for 8-10 minutes at 350 or in toaster oven till top is browning.

Grey Cat
Jun 3, 2023

Doing stuff and things

Can't wait to make a home-cooked meal tonight.

Really, I hardly ever say it. I almost never heard it growing up either, and I've lived all over the country.

I usually just say, "make food" or "make dinner" etc.

Why many word when few word do trick?

Chief McHeath
Apr 23, 2002

i freakin hate it when people say home cooked meal quote

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

Chief McHeath posted:

i freakin hate it when people say home cooked meal quote

pisses me the gently caress off

Jelly
Feb 11, 2004

Ask me about my STD collection!
personally, i like the phrase and its use, specifically in the manner which enrages you

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
I prefer a home cucked meal

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Real home cooked Kraft Dinner

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost

WAR CRIME GIGOLO posted:

I honestly could fall over and die the next time I hear it.

home cooked mealhome cooked mealhome cooked mealhome cooked mealhome cooked mealhome cooked mealhome cooked mealhome cooked mealhome cooked mealhome cooked mealhome cooked mealhome cooked mealhome cooked mealhome cooked mealhome cooked mealhome cooked mealhome cooked mealhome cooked mealhome cooked mealhome cooked mealhome cooked mealhome cooked mealhome cooked mealhome cooked mealhome cooked mealhome cooked meal