Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

I always grind my meal before I cook it. I'm not sure I'd even call it meal if it's not ground, tbh.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BigBadSteve
Apr 29, 2009

Spazzle posted:

Time to post the chili comic

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

RapturesoftheDeep posted:

Legally in the US it is not a "meal" unless it is cooked in a residence, things cooked elsewhere can be "lunch" "dinner" "breakfast" or "snacks" but legally they will never use "meal" for them. The USDA passed a law about this in like the 40s, there used to be a bunch of videos about this on Youtube but they TOOK THEM DOWN HUH I WONDER WHO MADE THEM DO THAT

One if McDonald's best-selling menu items is called a Happy Meal, what is this?

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
A grotesque example of Ronald McDonalds growing power.

YoursTruly
Jul 29, 2012

Put me in the trash
Recycle Bin
where
I belong.

Drunk Nerds posted:

One if McDonald's best-selling menu items is called a Happy Meal, what is this?

It's because Ronald McDonald's lives there, idiot

SatansOnion
Dec 12, 2011

just finished a tasty little culinary experiment: pasta with a sauce made from ricotta, grated gruyere, and sour cream, with some garlic powder and fresh ground pepper and just the vaguest hint of celery seed and fresh chives from the garden.

it's not spectacular--I boiled the pasta in the microwave, ffs, and just mixed the lot up in a big bowl--but it is a fairly delicious meal, which I cooked in my home where I live. just wanted to share my experience for those folks who also enjoy a home-cooked meal :shobon:

ChubbyChecker
Mar 25, 2018

is an rear end a home cooked meal?

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.
I once had a bowl of scrambled eggs that were the shittiest scrambled eggs anyone has ever made. They were utterly flavorless and oddly granular, with a terrible texture, just little shreds and bits and tiny chunks of gross vaguely eggy goo. Cold, too.

But they had been cooked by someone I loved with all my heart. Someone who loved me, too, and had taken the time to make me some scrambled eggs.

That's the true fuckin' meaning of "home cooked meal". It was one of the best breakfasts I ever had.

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

Three Olives posted:

After years of cooking I have developed the muscle memory to cook several meals that perfectly fit our taste profiles in a way that no restaurant could ever do.

Congratulations

covidstomper58
Nov 8, 2020

Try this one for a delicious home cooked meal.

Ingredients:
1 house, castle, apartment, condominium, cave or recreational vehicle which is your primary residence
1 White onion
1/4 cup of AP flour
2 large tomatoes or 4 roma
1 adult chicken, gutted, deboned, skinned and defeathered
1 clove of garlic
1/4 tsp of black pepper
1 tsp of iodized salt
5 tbs of mustard
2-3/4 cups of carolina reaper peppers
4 tbs of unsalted butter
6 cups of water
1/4 tsp of paprika

Melt 2 tbs of butter in a pot until it makes sound, add the onion and toss it until it starts to get soft
Add all of the rest of the ingredients except the water and turn the heat up to max
Stir fry the ingredients until it seems smoky in the cooking area and add the water
Turn heat to low and put a lid on it
Check back and shake it around every 15 minutes until you're really hungry
After 2 hours turn off the heat and eat from it as necessary

Enjoy!

TrashMammal
Nov 10, 2022

you ever cook a meal in someone else’s home?

BigBadSteve
Apr 29, 2009

covidstomper58 posted:

Ingredients:
1 house, castle, apartment, condominium, cave or recreational vehicle which is your primary residence
1 White onion
1/4 cup of AP flour
2 large tomatoes or 4 roma
1 adult chicken, gutted, deboned, skinned and defeathered
1 clove of garlic
1/4 tsp of black pepper
1 tsp of iodized salt
5 tbs of mustard
4 tbs of unsalted butter
6 cups of water
1/4 tsp of paprika

Melt 2 tbs of butter in a pot until it makes sound, add the onion and toss it until it starts to get soft
Add all of the rest of the ingredients except the water and turn the heat up to max
Stir fry the ingredients until it seems smoky in the cooking area and add the water
Turn heat to low and put a lid on it
Check back and shake it around every 15 minutes until you're really hungry
After 2 hours turn off the heat and eat from it as necessary

Enjoy!

Why would you boil a chicken when you could roast it?

Powerful Katrinka
Oct 11, 2021

an admin fat fingered a permaban and all i got was this lousy av

WAR CRIME GIGOLO posted:

Honestly, the phrase just triggers me. I mean I imagine people like to use it when they're talking about dog food

Sorry, I need to know more about this. So you imagine the phrase gets used to talk about dog food? Do you mean that this isn't something you've actually heard, you just guess it's an over-used phrase? Frequently and specifically about dog food in particular?

Private Cumshoe
Feb 15, 2019

AAAAAAAGAGHAAHGGAH
OP could use a nice home cooked meal I bet

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

Dick Fontaine posted:

yeah one time i was house sitting for a friend of mine and i invited a mutual friend, his wife and child over and grilled a sick rear end surf and turf spread with them and the people I was housesitting for got pissed because they were visiting family in Mississippi and didn't get to participate

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

BigBadSteve posted:

It's not boiled, it's stir-fried and then simmered.

The real question is, where are you going to find a pot big enough to stir-fry a castle?

SweetMercifulCrap!
Jan 28, 2012
Lipstick Apathy
*dumps half a bag of tater tots from the air fryer basket onto a plate*

Ahhh, nothin' like a home cooked meal

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

Dick Fontaine posted:

I prepared an entire American Thanksgiving in an Australian home because our friends had never experienced it.

I also used to be a private chef so I cooked alot of meals in people's homes and sometimes fancy garages.

cyberia
Jun 24, 2011

Do not call me that!
Snuffles was my slave name.
You shall now call me Snowball; because my fur is pretty and white.
Seeing food at restaurants or supermarkets advertised as 'homemade' pisses me off. If I'm at a restaurant I don't want to eat something you made at home. Most people's home kitchens are filthy and most people have terrible hygiene when they cook; being reminded of that shouldn't be a selling point of professionally made food. Call your food 'home-style' or 'handmade' if you have to but get out of here with your 'homemade' nonsense.

Lolie
Jun 4, 2010

AUSGBS Thread Mum

Dick Fontaine posted:

I've frequently cooked meals in the homes of friends and family.

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
Have you ever been caught?

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Dick Fontaine posted:

Some lady did this in my house once. It was great!

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

Dick Fontaine posted:

It sucks because I don't know where the colander or salt or whatever is and the knives are never sharp.

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

cyberia posted:

Seeing food at restaurants or supermarkets advertised as 'homemade' pisses me off. If I'm at a restaurant I don't want to eat something you made at home. Most people's home kitchens are filthy and most people have terrible hygiene when they cook; being reminded of that shouldn't be a selling point of professionally made food. Call your food 'home-style' or 'handmade' if you have to but get out of here with your 'homemade' nonsense.

There are people all over the world who are arrogantly insistent that they will never enjoy something "fancy". Its as if enjoying a chef prepared meal will turn their hands soft and their sons gay.

This wording helps them enjoy something nice while not feeling belittled and intimidated by fancy city folk food.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

lol I was just thinking of this thread, because on this show I'm watching the lady said to the man, "You haven't had a home cooked meal in a long time".

Minotaurus Rex
Feb 25, 2007

if this accounts a rockin'
don't come a knockin'
You insinuating that a home cooked that meal

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Minotaurus Rex posted:

House of the Future

TrashMammal
Nov 10, 2022

redshirt posted:

lol I was just thinking of this thread, because on this show I'm watching the lady said to the man, "You haven't had a home cooked meal in a long time".

referring to your junk as a “home cooked meal” is a real winner’s move

Jelly
Feb 11, 2004

Ask me about my STD collection!

Minotaurus Rex posted:

I prefer a spaceship-replicated meal

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

Jelly posted:

I prefer a spaceship-replicated meal

You know what I do get annoyed at. Every single spaceship tv show where they have some kind of replicator technology and they always have to let you know that "theres really just nothing like the real thing".

like WHY do we give a poo poo

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

Poohs Packin posted:

You know what I do get annoyed at. Every single spaceship tv show where they have some kind of replicator technology and they always have to let you know that "theres really just nothing like the real thing".

like WHY do we give a poo poo

Humans have a deep-srated guilt about using technology to make their lives easier so they contrive reasons to not feel so bad

AcidCat
Feb 10, 2005

I be cooking meals in my home all the time OP. You might call them "home cooked meals"

Minotaurus Rex
Feb 25, 2007

if this accounts a rockin'
don't come a knockin'
Mmm mmm mmm there’s nothing like an exact replica of the real thing

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

Minotaurus Rex posted:

Like you've never licked some cookie dough off a heating vent.

Bloodfart McCoy
Jul 20, 2007

That's a high quality avatar right there.
Home cooked meals are better for you because they contain less processed ingredients and more love.

Malinois
Jun 13, 2003

covidstomper58 posted:

Ingredients:

Enjoy!

good lord

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Bloodfart McCoy posted:

Home cooked meals are better for you because they contain less processed ingredients and more love.

How much love should I put into this home cooked beans and franks?

Bloodfart McCoy
Jul 20, 2007

That's a high quality avatar right there.

redshirt posted:

How much love should I put into this home cooked beans and franks?

How much semen can your testicles conjure?

covidstomper58
Nov 8, 2020

BigBadSteve posted:

You need a pot to boil a chicken in, roasting it is almost like cooking it over a garbage fire, outside.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chief McHeath
Apr 23, 2002

i just woke up and my neighbor is out on their balcony shouting “home cooked meal quote” over and over again it is driving me to madness!!!’