Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tijuana-A-Go-Go
Aug 2, 2019

Doggles Aficionado

As long as one guy lives in the factory, TV Dinners are home-cooked

It's someones home after all

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD

Chief McHeath posted:

i just woke up and my neighbor is out on their balcony shouting “home cooked meal quote” over and over again it is driving me to madness!!!’

We tried to warn you when you said you were moving to that nice neighbourhood. We said this would happen.

dsf
Jul 1, 2004
"you're telling me a home cooked this meal?"

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
If you think about it all food is made with cum

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

BATS FLY AT MOON posted:

If you think about it all food is made with cum

Oh I'm thinking about it alright

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

i prefer the cum uncooked at home

no need for pasteurization between friends

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
there's nothing more delicious than a nice home-cooked meal, OP

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

WAR CRIME GIGOLO posted:

Honestly, the phrase just triggers me. I mean I imagine people like to use it when they're talking about dog food, like some hosed up raw diet that they feed their dog that they literally say. Oh this is so cool. It's a home cooked meal... For my dog and it's like what is that actually mean? Like I hear this constantly and all the loving time and it just is such a trigger word. Like oh you just need a home cooked meal or oh you'll fix your sickness with a home cooked meal. Or would you like a home cooked meal honey or some bullshit like that? Like it just annoys the hell out of me and it's just such a trigger. I honestly could fall over and die the next time I hear it.

look at this mother fucker who has never had a home cooked meal. It's a loving tragedy

TrashMammal
Nov 10, 2022

Mumpy Puffinz posted:

look at this mother fucker who has never had a home cooked meal. It's a loving tragedy

never known the taste of mashed potatoes untouched by styrofoam

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Dick Fontaine posted:

never known the taste of mashed potatoes untouched by styrofoam

Is that like, a religious thing?

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

All the Aunties in the kitchen fixin' up a big home cooked meal for the get together.

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

redshirt posted:

All the Aunties in the kitchen fixin' up a big home cooked meal for the get together.

that will literally happen in my family for Thanksgiving

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
I make home cooked food for my dogs op. They eat kibble for breakfast and the home cooked stuff for dinner. They seem to enjoy a nice home cooked meal and that makes me happy :)

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

BATS FLY AT MOON posted:

I make home cooked food for my dogs op. They eat kibble for breakfast and the home cooked stuff for dinner. They seem to enjoy a nice home cooked meal and that makes me happy :)

may I ask what your profession is? It will definitely not change my opinion of you

maybeadracula
Sep 9, 2022

by sebmojo
No, OP, that's dumb

Also lol at Three Olives getting carried into the thread on his palanquin to tell us that he and his parents are/were wealthy

TrashMammal
Nov 10, 2022

Mumpy Puffinz posted:

Is that like, a religious thing?

never fouled their lips with bone or gristle

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

maybeadracula posted:

No, OP, that's dumb

Also lol at Three Olives getting carried into the thread on his palanquin to tell us that he and his parents are/were wealthy

lol, why's he so mad?

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Dick Fontaine posted:

never fouled their lips with bone or gristle

I have

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

Mumpy Puffinz posted:

may I ask what your profession is? It will definitely not change my opinion of you

I’m an account manager?

The food I make for them is ground beef, carrots, peas, squash, kidney beans, brown rice bulk cooked in a crockpot for the week. I’m not like cooking steaks for them every night.

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

BATS FLY AT MOON posted:

I’m an account manager?

The food I make for them is ground beef, carrots, peas, squash, kidney beans, brown rice bulk cooked in a crockpot for the week. I’m not like cooking steaks for them every night.

please don't lie to us. As an account manager, how many times did you make food for dogs.

No worries. You don't have to answer that.
How is the account going?
Got lots of dogs?

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

Mumpy Puffinz posted:

please don't lie to us. As an account manager, how many times did you make food for dogs.

No worries. You don't have to answer that.
How is the account going?
Got lots of dogs?

I have three dogs and it costs $21 a week to feed them dinner by making a batch on Sunday and refrigerating portions for the week as opposed to $12 a day for decent canned food.

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

BATS FLY AT MOON posted:

I have three dogs and it costs $21 a week to feed them dinner by making a batch on Sunday and refrigerating portions for the week as opposed to $12 a day for decent canned food.

I normally don't trust anyone.
You seem ok

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

If you call it "homemade" but you're using store-bought flour instead of making a powder made by grinding raw grains, roots, beans, nuts, or seeds, feel free to take a walk in a lake.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

I grew this maize. I made this oven.

R.L. Stine
Oct 19, 2007

welcome to dead gay house

redshirt posted:

Kraft Dinner

canadian spotted

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

*Large older Italian woman stirring a big pot of sauce

covidstomper58
Nov 8, 2020

I heard tell of this new toaster oven, it scans QR codes on food piles you buy from them, so you can have a home cooked meal with one minute of prep.
Persistent internet connection required.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
Why cook a home it's just gonna get raw again later

EoinCannon
Aug 29, 2008

Grimey Drawer
I cook/prepare almost all my meals at home. Mostly because my nutritional/calorie requirements aren't adequately met by prepared food from a restaurant/store without spending a fortune. I never call them "Home Cooked Meals" like there's something magical going on.

kazr
Jan 28, 2005

EoinCannon posted:

I cook/prepare almost all my meals at home. Mostly because my nutritional/calorie requirements aren't adequately met by prepared food from a restaurant/store without spending a fortune. I never call them "Home Cooked Meals" like there's something magical going on.

Your nutritional/calorie requirements being met is magical, and that's enough :)

Bloopsy
Jun 1, 2006

you have been visited by the Tasty Garlic Bread. you will be blessed by having good Garlic Bread in your life time, but only if you comment "ty garlic bread" in the thread below

BATS FLY AT MOON posted:

You could feed them their own poo poo and they would like it just as much. If you really love them you can serve up some kitty crunchies. Dogs go crazy for ‘em! Good for you though for caring for them dogs. A lot of bad owners out there.

blacks
Aug 31, 2023

by sebmojo

car cooked meal

EoinCannon
Aug 29, 2008

Grimey Drawer

kazr posted:

Your nutritional/calorie requirements being met is magical, and that's enough :)

:yayclod: Beans and pulses are magical :yayclod:

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
having a nice home-cooked meal rn (it's a bowl of oatmeal i microwaved)

ELTON JOHN
Feb 17, 2014
i hate hearing something was made from "scratch" because if something isn't made from scratch then youre just dumping it out of a can or mixing some water with powder from a box and baking it so anything that isnt made from scratch isnt really cooking anyway

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Mashed potatoes and gravy boats going round the table, stuffing right from the bird...

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.
I simply chomp down a spoonful of powdered mashed potatoes, take a gulp of water, and swish the two around in my mouth. Way easier than wielding a potato masher.

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

ELTON JOHN posted:

i hate hearing something was made from "scratch" because if something isn't made from scratch then youre just dumping it out of a can or mixing some water with powder from a box and baking it so anything that isnt made from scratch isnt really cooking anyway

I made this Top Ramen from scratch and you can't prove otherwise

SweetMercifulCrap!
Jan 28, 2012
Lipstick Apathy
Where's a good place to get a free home cooked meal quote?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

BATS FLY AT MOON posted:

hmm. about the same as the American bachelor