Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
just got a delicious home cooked lunch (prepared for me by the nice folks at mcdonalds)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Mozi posted:

just got a delicious home cooked lunch (prepared for me by the nice folks at mcdonalds)

I have slept at a McDonalds once before, therefore it can be called a home

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

i've slept at home before, thereby making it a mcdonalds

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Pumpkin pie, apple pie, pecan pie, chocolate cream pie

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Bad Purchase posted:

i've slept at home before, thereby making it a mcdonalds

I see what you did there. :;

Imagine I winked at you.

Wifi Toilet
Oct 1, 2004

Toilet Rascal

redshirt posted:

Great, now I’m going to be saying “pecan pie” Billy Crystalishly for the rest of the day

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Wifi Toilet posted:

Great, now I’m going to be saying “pecan pie” Billy Crystalishly for the rest of the day

imaging i winked at you too

root beer
Nov 13, 2005

Teriyaki Hairpiece posted:

I simply chomp down a spoonful of powdered mashed potatoes, take a gulp of water, and swish the two around in my mouth. Way easier than wielding a potato masher.

You’re just doing the thing they did on Step By Step but as an adult
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lWLRN0DH0lE

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

root beer posted:

You’re just doing the thing they did on Step By Step but as an adult
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lWLRN0DH0lE

TGIF?

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

redshirt posted:

Pumpkin pie isn’t significantly improved by being home made from scratch i.e. from fresh pumpkins. I will die on this hill.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

BATS FLY AT MOON posted:

Pumpkin pie isn’t significantly improved by being home made from scratch i.e. from fresh pumpkins. I will die on this hill.

I'm in no position to judge, I couldn't make a pie to save my life.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.

BATS FLY AT MOON posted:

Apple pie, yes. Pumpkin and pecan, no.

EoinCannon
Aug 29, 2008

Grimey Drawer
Things taste better when you make them yourself, a large part of this is in your head, but that's how experiencing food works. Our meals aren't blind tastings, many other factors come into it.

Yes I'm the dope that believes all the slow food stuff

Nigmaetcetera
Nov 17, 2004

borkborkborkmorkmorkmork-gabbalooins
I understand. Every time I hear the phrase "country livin'" I think of the texas chainsaw massacre.

cyberia
Jun 24, 2011

Do not call me that!
Snuffles was my slave name.
You shall now call me Snowball; because my fur is pretty and white.

BATS FLY AT MOON posted:

I made pumpkin pie from scratch (with a pumpkin grown on my family's farm) and it was miles better than any store-bought pie I've had. Mass-produced pies are always bland (or overly sweet) and the filling is too homogeneous.

R.L. Stine
Oct 19, 2007

welcome to dead gay house
rustic

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Leaves falling outside the sun filled window, pie cooling on the sill...

R.L. Stine
Oct 19, 2007

welcome to dead gay house
there was a guy who was arrested for taking a pie from a windowsill but he was black so they did really bad poo poo about it. Sucks

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

covidstomper58
Nov 8, 2020

Look at what happened when Sam tried to make home cooked meal of stewed rabbits outside. He endangered the whole mission and they got involved in a regional political conflict. Wouldn't have happened if he did it in a home.