Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
After this card, who actually gets the next 185 title shot?
This poll is closed.
Khamzat Chimaev 2 25.00%
Kamaru Usman 0 0%
Jared Cannonier 1 12.50%
Murilo Bustamante 5 62.50%
Total: 8 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Benson Cunningham
Dec 9, 2006

Chief of J.U.N.K.E.R. H.Q.
I wonder what the fastest main card of all time is. We must be on pace right now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Benson Cunningham
Dec 9, 2006

Is he mad or concusses? Or both?

Benson Cunningham
Dec 9, 2006

A NO CONTEST WHAT? THATS A DQ WHAT IS HAPPENING

Benson Cunningham
Dec 9, 2006

"I illegally kneed him in the face, but you know, it was um, an accident. Not that I didn't mean to do it, but that I didn't know the rules, you know? Can we just have a do over in 6 months?"

Benson Cunningham
Dec 9, 2006

chaleski posted:

They've removed terrible refs mid-card before, they should do the same here with the doctor and have him thrown out the building

The dude responded to "What country are you in" with "What round is it?" and never seemed to be able to focus enough on the doctor to answer the question. Seemed like a good call to me.

Benson Cunningham
Dec 9, 2006

Mannnnnn, I wish takedowns didn't count for anything but ground damage did.

Benson Cunningham
Dec 9, 2006

Yeah... not unexpected, but 28-28 seems like the right call.

Benson Cunningham
Dec 9, 2006

I will say, Chimaev has unbelievable grappling. At this level, you really notice the fighters who cling to their opponents and don't allow any space and the ones that can't take those positions and transition them to ground control.

Benson Cunningham
Dec 9, 2006

Well, no arguments on that one.

Benson Cunningham
Dec 9, 2006

Islam found a hole in Volk's game. I don't know that a fight camp changes that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Benson Cunningham
Dec 9, 2006

MikeC posted:

Is it a hole? He just got caught no?

Islam even said it in the post-match interview. This is what they trained, they knew it was an opening Volk had. With the height difference and the height of Volk's guard, the kick landed clean exactly where he planned it. Don't think anything about that was luck.