Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
After this card, who actually gets the next 185 title shot?
This poll is closed.
Khamzat Chimaev 2 25.00%
Kamaru Usman 0 0%
Jared Cannonier 1 12.50%
Murilo Bustamante 5 62.50%
Total: 8 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Tom Clancy is Dead
Jul 13, 2011

Good morning, guys, gals, and nonbinary pals. I'm very glad to not be on the West Coast for this one. I've fortified with coffee and pastries already.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tom Clancy is Dead
Jul 13, 2011

Silva is fighting pretty well overall, but you only see glimpses of what he could accomplish in this fight. He's waiting and trying to counter the kicks a bit too much, and while those counters have been his biggest moments in the round, the thing he's done best is move Magomedov with his hands and then cut him off with followup kicks. If he did that more consistently, leading, this would be a much easier fight and he'd need to back off and open up Magomedov's kicks a lot less.

Tom Clancy is Dead
Jul 13, 2011

CarlCX posted:

I'm moving to the east coast next year, and I do not look forward to having UFC events last 5-6 hours and end at midnight with regularity, but boy, it'd be nice right now.

Yeah I love being able to go out after getting amped up from the fights on the West Coast. I'm traveling South America right now, Colombia is on Central Time, it's perfect for this card.

Tom Clancy is Dead
Jul 13, 2011

Don't need depth perception if you're on top. Wait, which one of them lost an eye? It's the kicker?!

Tom Clancy is Dead
Jul 13, 2011

Super Deuce posted:

I don’t feel good watching this fight because I watched that video of Magomedov jumping some dude. Makes this fight really uncomfortable.

Oh he's the guy who attacked someone over minor PDA. This sport never fails to disappoint.

Tom Clancy is Dead
Jul 13, 2011

Do too many fouls at once for the ref to keep track of, get away with a warning!

Tom Clancy is Dead
Jul 13, 2011

UFC 294: Foul Replacements

Wood with some real bad decision making with that kimura attempt, he was nowhere near leveraging it.

Tom Clancy is Dead
Jul 13, 2011

Everyone should foul as much as possible until the refs start giving a poo poo. There were what, 5 in that fight deciding it for Naimov? 3 nut shots, fence grab, gloves grab

Tom Clancy is Dead
Jul 13, 2011

LMAO what a weird comeback. Chito Vera-esque but talking poo poo like Green or Holland

Tom Clancy is Dead
Jul 13, 2011

Shadowboxing from 10 feet away.

Tom Clancy is Dead
Jul 13, 2011

Wow.

Tom Clancy is Dead
Jul 13, 2011

Two no contests and some fight deciding fouls. Christ what a card.

Tom Clancy is Dead
Jul 13, 2011

I think Usman won round 2.

Tom Clancy is Dead
Jul 13, 2011

28-28. Chimaev didn't get anything done at all on the ground in 2 and 3.

Tom Clancy is Dead
Jul 13, 2011

Hey, one of the judges got it.

Not a robbery, though, the rounds were too close for that.

Tom Clancy is Dead
Jul 13, 2011

CarlCX posted:

Volk, it's been a long, weird card, and I would very much like it if you did something cool.

Tom Clancy is Dead
Jul 13, 2011

Awww. Great fight by Makhachev.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tom Clancy is Dead
Jul 13, 2011

Benson Cunningham posted:

Islam even said it in the post-match interview. This is what they trained, they knew it was an opening Volk had. With the height difference and the height of Volk's guard, the kick landed clean exactly where he planned it. Don't think anything about that was luck.

Yeah, he even landed it glancing earlier in the round.

That said, I think it's a mistake to underestimate the difference conditioning and properly moving up could make, and if Volk did survive he is excellent at adjusting mid fight. It could've still played out this way but I think it's far from a given.