Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
After this card, who actually gets the next 185 title shot?
This poll is closed.
Khamzat Chimaev 2 25.00%
Kamaru Usman 0 0%
Jared Cannonier 1 12.50%
Murilo Bustamante 5 62.50%
Total: 8 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Megasabin
Sep 9, 2003

I get half!!

A Passing Feeling posted:

"What country are we in?" is a ridiculous question to ask to determine if someone is okay, when you're asking it in someone's second language and they've just flown to the United Arab Emirates, one minute into the five minutes he has to recover, when he's just been kneed in the head and is having a gigantic adrenaline dump. Maybe give him a bit of extra time and ask something simpler like ''How old are you/what year is it/How many fingers am I holding up?" With that said, Walker seemed angry-concussed so the doctor probably got the right answer, just not really with the correct method.

I'm a doctor, albeit not a doctor who practices sports medicine, and the only thing that ringside doc did wrong was not use a spanish interpreter. It was very easy to identify Walker was delirious. To start, I would expect any cognitively intact human being to be able to answer what country they were in clearly, concisely, and within 2 seconds. Walker's response was highly troubling-- he took a good 5-6 seconds to respond and in that time he gave a glazed stare forward, then looked up at the ceiling, before finally looking at the doctor and completely failing to respond to the question asked. He then responded with an equally concerning question about what round it was when not even a single round had gone by.

He should not be given any extra amount of time. If he can't answer basic orientation questions about the country he is in, he absolutely should not be allowed back in the ring.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Megasabin
Sep 9, 2003

I get half!!
Portuguese, my bad. My intent was to say using someone’s primary language would be most appropriate. The more fluent Walker is in English, the worse that exam looks for him.