Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009

this is probably the worst job market ive seen in a long time

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009

Al! posted:

everyone went into stem fields and/or learned how to code lmao

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009

even back when i graduated years ago having 0 experience it was better

legit the worst job situation ive seen anyway

i do recommend applying to gov jobs if possible though but they always get tons of applicants

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009

Cao Ni Ma posted:

Also work culture is so much better than a loving corpo job.

i dont know about that

it definitely varies my last job was gov and the culture was garbage

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009

Those seem like really low job apps for gov but they are sticklers for even the most minor poo poo

HallelujahLee has issued a correction as of 18:22 on Dec 8, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009

Cao Ni Ma posted:

My experience is that if they are jobs that require you to be in an office then you get very few applications. The one I have is in rural oklahoma so there were only like 5 applications despite being well paid and the IT private sector taking poo poo at the time it was up.

Remote jobs though? They reach the application limit a few hours after being posted.

Fair enough def my experience with remote as well