Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

I had to RTO so I have been looking around for something new because I hate the commute. poo poo sucks, why is Workday so bad. Why do I gotta create a million Workday accounts. Why do they not just have one unified account. Also I've had plenty of interviews that I thought went well, they'd say they would get back to me in a few days and a week later they got nothing and won't return my emails.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

AnimeIsTrash posted:

they all parse resumes so badly, like bro im not writing a separate blurb of what i did just read my resume

Right? It's honestly impressive how awful it is. No matter how I format it on my resume I always have to reenter what my college degree is because it parses where I went but not what I studied. Bafflingly bad.

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Dr. Jerrold Coe posted:

wish me luck boyos i applied for a govt job

Been doing that too. Long waits tho so I'm looking for something else that'll pay the bills and I'll keep applying to remote gov jobs.

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

triple sulk posted:

the serious answer is that it's on a tenant basis for whatever reason, probably so data isn't shared across companies. personally, i just use a password manager with the same exact username applied to the workday domain so i can fill the sign up info with a simple key command and forget about it forever

it doesn't resolve workday's core problems with being too long to apply and being unable to correctly parse your resume, but it helps. that said, greenhouse and its clones are all terrible for the exact opposite reason, being that it's way, way too easy to apply for jobs, so at least a thousand people apply to every position. in short, all the application systems are terrible. icims is the worst that i can recall interacting with though

Al! posted:

i can tell you the answer re: workday and its exactly as sulk describes, applicants are unique to each tenant. now it would be loving awesome if worked on a shared basis but i think its illegal for them to share candidates that way for now

that all makes sense, though it is still annoying! and yeah I have been keeping my username/password consistent for all workday stuff since that's the only way to stay sane