Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

idiotsavant posted:

i liked the manga and the artists previous work and then he went off the deep end and started only drawing oily hot dog ladies getting raped by tentacles instead of super cool mecha, no thx

that's so surprising :jerkbag:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
I haven't watched the show yet and I feel like it's gonna suck poo poo cause I watched half the first EP after GITS1 and it came across like bad fan fic

Punkinhead
Apr 2, 2015

Tell me more about anime you don't like

or one you do, whichever :)

temple
Jul 29, 2006

I have actual skeletons in my closet
fell asleep on it the 3 times I tried to watch it.

frumpykvetchbot
Feb 20, 2004

PROGRESSIVE SCAN
Upset Trowel
what kind of shell, specifically? polycarbonate? something chitinous?

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
Anime…the devil’s cartoon…

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Taskmaster 2023 Second Place Winner

Grimey Drawer
I might have watched Gits2 more than the first one, I really like it. I watched at least one season of the tv show which I also recall liking. I should get around to finishing it. Is there a third movie now, too?

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
Stand alone complex is the best ghost in the shell and it's not a close race

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib

Charles Bukowski posted:

I might have watched Gits2 more than the first one, I really like it. I watched at least one season of the tv show which I also recall liking. I should get around to finishing it. Is there a third movie now, too?

I prob watched 1 like a dozen times this year after the first time and I kept avoiding 2 for a while cause I knew it was Major-less and I was a fool tbh

I think 1 has a more classic and tight story but 2 is so much a sequel it's almost perfect

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib

Khanstant posted:

very well I'll try it again

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Grimey Drawer
The buddy cop adventures of Batou and Togusa loving around in corpo-paramilitary blackops poo poo is something I'd enjoy more of.

Rahu
Feb 14, 2009

let me just check my figures real quick here
Grimey Drawer
Correct opinion, OP

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
Id totes bang Scarlett Johansson

She was in that movie right?

Zero VGS
Aug 16, 2002
ASK ME ABOUT HOW HUMAN LIVES THAT MADE VIDEO GAME CONTROLLERS ARE WORTH MORE
Lipstick Apathy

temple posted:

fell asleep on it the 3 times I tried to watch it.

Holy poo poo the exact same thing happened to me, the original Ghost in the Shell. I tried to watch it exactly three times and passed out each time.

I stayed awake for the Scarlett Johansson movie, so by default it is the superior version.

Extra row of tits
Oct 31, 2020
I feel asleep during

Two Harry potters
A twilight movie
Alice in wonderland
The Mario movie

And I plan on sleeping through Five nights at Freddie’s this weekend.

urf
Jul 12, 2009
the loop sequence in 2 is done so well and it rules
best animated looping events imo

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
so does the major not show up at all in 2. Where is she

Jestery
Aug 2, 2016

Not a Dickman, just a shape

urf posted:

This is extremely true

Love a good loop

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Grimey Drawer

Milo and POTUS posted:

so does the major not show up at all in 2. Where is she

She hacks in towards the end to help her old friend Batou out of a crazy jam.

Zero VGS
Aug 16, 2002
ASK ME ABOUT HOW HUMAN LIVES THAT MADE VIDEO GAME CONTROLLERS ARE WORTH MORE
Lipstick Apathy
OP made me think this was some brand new thing with modern sensibilities, but it's a sequel from 2004 with a poo poo dub?

drat you weebs. Best cyberpunk is Alita: Battle Angel (2019) because the fights and effects are cool and it has PANZER KUNST lol

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib

urf posted:

my server will error sometimes and loop files seamlessly and I backed up twice during the loop cause I thought it was loving up lol

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib

Zero VGS posted:

OP made me think this was some brand new thing with modern sensibilities, but it's a sequel from 2004 with a poo poo dub?

drat you weebs. Best cyberpunk is Alita: Battle Angel (2019) because the fights and effects are cool and it has PANZER KUNST lol

Alita is literally the best airplane movie I've ever seen a little drunk

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

I LITERALLY SLEEP IN A RACING CAR. DO YOU?
p.s. ask me about my subscription mattress
Ultra Carp
Here's my pitch: Ghostbusters in the Shell

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp

Charles Bukowski posted:

The buddy cop adventures of Batou and Togusa loving around in corpo-paramilitary blackops poo poo is something I'd enjoy more of.

buddy cop blops

A Strange Aeon
Mar 26, 2010

You are now a slimy little toad
The Great Twist
I like Innocence. Has some great quotes and themes and references:

let a man walk alone, let him commit no sin, with few wishes, like an elephant in the forest

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

Zero VGS posted:

Holy poo poo the exact same thing happened to me, the original Ghost in the Shell. I tried to watch it exactly three times and passed out each time.

I stayed awake for the Scarlett Johansson movie, so by default it is the superior version.

I've never seen BladeRunner start to finish, that movie is scientifically crafted to induce a napping state.

FIX SIGNS
Aug 29, 2006

You're fucking great,
just do what you can.

EorayMel posted:

The same studio that made ghost in the shell is going to make the new Kinnikuman anime and it looks great
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UoZcS8LjrK0
:bisonyes:

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib

Khanstant posted:

I've never seen BladeRunner start to finish, that movie is scientifically crafted to induce a napping state.

honestly same

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
Bladerunner sucks and frankly has not aged particularly well so you aren’t really missing anything

Disco Pope
Dec 6, 2004

Top Class!

Khanstant posted:

Honestly that's why Blade Runner is good, bit I think it's the chill as gently caress score that sends people ro sleepy town.

Turrurrurrurrrrrrr
Dec 22, 2018

I hope this is "battle" enough for you, friend.

Khanstant posted:

Please provide a youtube link for others to validate your claim.

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005
The first gots movie is for real boring, the robo lady needed to majorly stfu some

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib

A Strange Aeon posted:

I like Innocence. Has some great quotes and themes and references:

let a man walk alone, let him commit no sin, with few wishes, like an elephant in the forest

I like when she exits the doll she's controlling remotely "I'm leaving..." and it goes ragdoll violently

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005
The sequel is funny because only anime could come up with the concept that sexbots just wouldn't be any fun if you didn't imprison a child's soul in them

Nyan Bread
Mar 17, 2006

They should've kept Kusanagi's character front and center of this sci-fi action series as she was originally cyborgified - a brain in a lethal android jar built to pacify the most dangerous cyber psychos, without banishing her into the background as a disembodied AI fairy that sometimes whispers into Batou's USB port.

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
while I agree I kinda take it as I took Earthsea's second book-- the main character from book 1 is relegated to a almost cameo appearance but it lends to some very compelling characterization and content

it's just different

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
Got the best theme song stuck in my head.

Borrowed Ladder
May 4, 2007

monarch of the sleeping marches
I saw Ghost in the Shell in a movie theater with my mom in like 1996

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
if you dont like blade runner you're probably a drooling halfwit

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp

Borrowed Ladder posted:

I saw Ghost in the Shell in a movie theater with my mom in like 1996

bom mom