Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

manglar
Jun 25, 2023

Harold Fjord posted:

My wife's hearing was yesterday. She's very nervous that she didn't explicitly say enough out loud, but she had written a letter and provided reams of medical evidence about her headaches.

I felt like it went well. she emphasized that she needs to constantly manage time, take lots of breaks, and rest. The judge turned to the labor expert person, as far as I can tell this is the person whose job it is to say what jobs my wife can do in the national economy and make $314 per week. The labor expert talked about number I think meant my wifes history has higher paying jobs that you need fewer hours per week to be "substantially gainful". But then the judge was asking her questions about "time on task" and "days missed per month" and the labor person said "precluded" a bunch.

I think between the massive pile of medical documents the personal letter and the testimony the judge understands that my wife can't work a regular job with regular breaks because if she looks down too much she just gets massive headaches.
:toot:, I guess

I've been through this exact same kind of hearing to get SSI and the labor expert repeating "precluded" and all those hypotheticals is going to be burned into my brain forever. (Not in a bad way, it's just the thing I remember the most about it.) Best of luck to you and your wife!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU