Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005

🔥

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

He don't miss

Traxis
Jul 2, 2006

Basketball is BACK baby

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

he is on fire

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
I agree, Magic.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
Magic’s tweets continue to be absolutely hot fire. Nobody does it better.

JonathonSpectre
Jul 23, 2003

I replaced the Shermatar and text with this because I don't wanna see racial slurs every time you post what the fuck

Soiled Meat
God drat that was like nightmare deja vu from all 4 loving games last year in the conference finals.

Lakers get down big, cut it to 3
Nuggets go on 10-0 run
Lakers cut it to 3
Nuggets go on a 9-0 run
Lakers cut it to 3
Nuggets go on a 12-0 run

It's like watching a hamster almost escape a python's grip over, and over, and over. Every time the little guy almost wriggles out the loving python just shifts a coil and locks that poo poo down again.

Also you can see how shook Magic is tonight by the sheer rawness of that tweet. Never thought we'd see something like that from the Hall of Famer!

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

https://twitter.com/KevOnStage/status/1716862613156470944?s=20

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

lmao

temple
Jul 29, 2006

I have actual skeletons in my closet

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

he tripped him!!! he tripped him!!!!!!!!!!!

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

the season has started, praise god

nikosoft
Dec 17, 2011

ghost in the shell, but somehow much worse
College Slice
I'm not ready for the season to start and having to learn what happened over the summer!! Just hit pause, I need like 1 more month to finish dealing with stuff, then I'm ready

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=cwCtM6D4GOc

Ammanas
Jul 17, 2005

Voltes V: "Laser swooooooooord!"

nikosoft posted:

I'm not ready for the season to start and having to learn what happened over the summer!! Just hit pause, I need like 1 more month to finish dealing with stuff, then I'm ready

jokic just declared the season over. good luck boston

Memnaelar
Feb 21, 2013

WHO is the goodest girl?
Sample size of one game but that stat line of Nurk's seems to be setting us up for a pretty... dominayton season, amirite?

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

lol

Ramadu
Aug 25, 2004

2015 NFL MVP

Memnaelar posted:

Sample size of one game but that stat line of Nurk's seems to be setting us up for a pretty... dominayton season, amirite?

you're right

dbacks in the world series suns own the warriors. good arizona sports day

lets fuckin go

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
https://twitter.com/nbaontnt/status/1717060264221163573?s=46&t=GxZoSKgPzb_-zyUnvLFKvg

A Perfect Twist
Aug 15, 2007

"What have I done? I'll have to start again. To forget and to disappear. I'll head north, far-north, to that big question mark, the Northern Territory"

Memnaelar posted:

He needs to stop fouling quicker players who beat him going for layups but he had a good game.

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008
Good loss for the Warriors. CP3 does so, so much more for this team than Poole. Turnovers should be way down qith the ball in his hands. Defense was solid despite missing Draymond. Not every day you see KD get shut down like that.

Looney and Wiggins looked a bit rusty on the boards. Shots absolutely were not falling for anyone, but that will change for most of these guys.

This concludes your homer report

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

Vox Nihili posted:

Good loss for the Warriors.

:grin:

Red Rox
Aug 24, 2004

Motel Midnight off the hook
Okogie looked pretty solid out there!

That first game was great haha suck it Lakers.

Looking forward to seeing Dame and Giannis for reals.

TheKevman
Dec 13, 2003
I thought Mad Max: Fury Road was
:mediocre:
so you should probably ignore anything else I say

Vox Nihili posted:

Good loss for the Warriors. CP3 does so, so much more for this team than Poole. Turnovers should be way down qith the ball in his hands. Defense was solid despite missing Draymond. Not every day you see KD get shut down like that.

Looney and Wiggins looked a bit rusty on the boards. Shots absolutely were not falling for anyone, but that will change for most of these guys.

I concur, approve, and am excited :dance:

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

the loss angeles fakers

toggle
Nov 7, 2005

How good is sportsmanship and humility ?

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

a literal thing you think.

https://twitter.com/TylerDeLuca/status/1716633972979945969

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

drat this is baller

EvilBlackRailgun
Jan 28, 2007

Traxis posted:

Basketball is BACK baby

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005

The quickest substitution in the history of the NBA

A Perfect Twist posted:

He needs to stop fouling quicker players who beat him going for layups but he had a good game.

Lol good luck with that

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

game 1 of the season i watched nurkic get cooked by a slow motion kevon looney spin move and drive from 18 feet out, he's gonna be drowning in deep water by the end of this year

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

hahaha tampering with Drew loving Eubanks

https://twitter.com/TheSteinLine/status/1717171127548563876?s=20

Is this like getting sent to jail for shoplifting because you stole a packet of Bazooka Joe gum

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

Wet

Aye Doc posted:

game 1 of the season i watched nurkic get cooked by a slow motion kevon looney spin move and drive from 18 feet out, he's gonna be drowning in deep water by the end of this year

He did fine.

dokmo
Aug 27, 2006

:stat:man

WhyteRyce posted:

hahaha tampering with Drew loving Eubanks

https://twitter.com/TheSteinLine/status/1717171127548563876?s=20

Is this like getting sent to jail for shoplifting because you stole a packet of Bazooka Joe gum

deleted but lol if true

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

dokmo posted:

deleted but lol if true

aBagorn
Aug 26, 2004
https://twitter.com/wojespn/status/1717184224925483117?s=46

dokmo
Aug 27, 2006

:stat:man
ok my computer is not displaying twitter posts anymore, so i guess not deleted?

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005

toggle posted:

How good is sportsmanship and humility ?

When playing the Lakers, awful.

LionYeti
Oct 12, 2008

kingcobweb posted:

When playing the Lakers, awful.

This is an exhaling of collective fan trauma that's built up ever since the Showtime era. We had never beaten the lakers in the playoffs until last year. Every time we made the WCF we got smacked by the Lakers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ammanas
Jul 17, 2005

Voltes V: "Laser swooooooooord!"

Vox Nihili posted:

it'd be pretty nice if the warriors would stop creating situations where Looney has to dribble or pass. Kuminga just can't stop taking 1 step forward, 1 step back. I still like Moody's energy. They're edge contenders at most imo.

The Suns depth is going to be an issue, KD/Booker/Nurkic and Beal if he plays are going to be pretty worn down by May.

Ammanas fucked around with this message at 15:48 on Oct 25, 2023