Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
Jokic and AD only going at each other half speed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
Liked the second quarter. The terrible defender lineup was bad but it bought time for LeBron and AD to make a push at the end of it.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004

de curry GOAT posted:

Vincent is -18

Yeah I have been enjoying piling on Reddish but Vincent has been pretty bad out there tonight.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
Lakers have missed several wide open threes but made several guarded ones so I guess it evens out.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004

Vox Nihili posted:

could have sworn I heard the announcer say earlier that the Lakers wanted AD to take around six threes a game

that can't be possibly be correct right

It's something Ham said but who knows how real it is, since AD has always been a low volume three point shooter even when he was "good" at hitting threes (hitting one every other game instead of every other game and a half which was his rate last year).

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
Lmao that chant. How many little brothers do we need?

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
Lakers ending up losing by exactly that awful first quarter is appropriate.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004

runaway pancake posted:

a 39 year old man is going to have to play 39 mpg for his team to win

I mean if LeBron needs to play that much that means all of their signings flopped which means they probably won't win with him playing that much anyway.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004

jackofarcades posted:

Wouldn't be shocked if the Lakers are the best of the rest again but they have no chance against the Nuggets.

Like honestly I think the Clippers are the only team that has enough matchup advantages on the Nuggets to beat them in the West and of course they have all the asterisk and qualifiers possible. But you gotta turn Murray into a net negative to withstand Jokic.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
Nurkic makes Christian Woods look defensively engaged.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
"Wet" as the littlest brother says.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004

TheKevman posted:

The Moses moody fan club was feeling fairly lonely the past two years til the playoffs.

Really hoping this season is his real breakout.

Only because Mourningview disappeared.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
There is something about Wantanabe's name that makes me want to pronounce it wrong too and I extremely should know better.

This Suns lineup cannot score.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
lmao I wish you all could see this Cox Cable VR Fighter Pilot commercial.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
Suns look great when Booker is on the floor. Otherwise . . . .

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
Eubanks is good but the no-Looney lineups makes him look like Wilt Chamberlain on the boards.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
Steph vs Eric Gordon duel just as we predicted

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
Big game from Booker tonight. MVP like.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004

toggle posted:

I couldn’t watch the games live, so watched them 8 hours after the fact. NBA app, of course, shat itself. Not the first time it has done it on the season opener. Glad i pay a lot of money for this service

Yeah the audio pass was broken too. Or it worked, they just forgot to load the English language feeds in before halftime of Lakers/Nuggets.

Maybe their policy of not turning the thing on until the first game and using the preseason to test stuff out would be smart but who could say.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
My first thought when I saw the Blazers roster is that they would do what Utah did last year and surprise people but Chauncey has completely convinced me that they're going to lose more games this year than last.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
Doncic and Kyrie bailing J kidd out

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
Zubac scares a child then comforts him.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
Kevin Hart is the new Billy Crystal (fraud fake Clipper fan)

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
Clippers, distraught that their alleged biggest fan was leaving early, have not scored since. The lead is down to 16.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004

LionYeti posted:

Sorry I thought there would be multiple threads for NBA GDTs. I think it would be hilarious though if the opening night one kept on through the season lol.

This is still some team's opening night so it works anyway.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
NBA.com putting this as matchup of Embiid vs Dame instead of Embiid vs Giannis is a bigger disrespect than any Nugget has ever known.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004

Salvor_Hardin posted:

Is Harden getting fined for an unexcused absense here?

Sixers are going to get fined for load management for not letting him play.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
Turns out Giannis is still really good.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
Classic Dame defense of being so far out of a play that a loose ball just bounces into his hand while he daydreams, a shame the refs called a foul on Crowder, robbing us of the moment.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
Dame Lillard turns his head to look in the direction he was supposed to already be rotated to after the shot of the man he was supposed to rotate to already was halfway to the rim

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
I picked up Oubre in a fantasy game because I knew this was going to happen, I didn't desperately try to find anyone else playing today who could possibly get a steal first . .. . . . . .

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
I love that Giannis baby hook so much.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
drat now the refs are taking away Embiid’s superstar call. Gonna be a long year for him.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
I would say the refs would never reverse that but it was the same call on Embiid.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
I appreciate Ham doing a challenge the second TV came back.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
I think like all but 3 Sun's points are a result of Josh Okogie creating a second chance point.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
Lakers getting destroyed by Goodwin as we all predicted.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004

de curry GOAT posted:

Vincent -11 already :qq:

Kendrick Nunn speedrun.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
D'Angelo is playing good point of attack defense at least, which is more than Gabe Vincent is doing which is a problem.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
I would much rather Nurkic be in the game than Eubanks so please Vogel challenge that.