Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Always remember that the former President was dumber than the dumbest person you've ever met by a wide margin

American Christians are the dumbest and most easily manipulated group of people in the world, you just need to convince them they're being oppressed and they'll do whatever you tell them to.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

maybeadracula
Sep 9, 2022

by sebmojo
I wish I had more money

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

What use had they for tricks and cunning, living in the enemy's warren and paying his price?

Grimey Drawer
We should drug test everyone in the government every month.

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?
I think I should be in control of women’s bodies

dsf
Jul 1, 2004
I believe that my wife should not divorce me and take the kids

Spuckuk
Aug 11, 2009

Being a bastard works

If I lived in America I would 100% own a gun to plink stuff at a range

feedmegin
Jul 30, 2008

I think it's a good thing Charles I had his head cut off, long live Barebones' Parliament!

Extra Large Marge
Jan 21, 2004

Fun Shoe
I really enjoy golfing

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe
I too believe that the only currency in the future that will hold any value is gold

But only because golden plates with secret god writing on them are the real wave of the future

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009
I remember people saying pencilhands was a wizardmaster tribute act, but didn't he do this exact thread a few months back?

Extra Large Marge
Jan 21, 2004

Fun Shoe
I like to think I'm strongly against capital punishment, but then I click on a pencilhands thread and my opinion starts to waver.

nice obelisk idiot
May 18, 2023

funerary linens looking like dishrags
e: never mind (this wasn't a political opinion, just a comment regarding the op)

nice obelisk idiot fucked around with this message at 16:06 on Oct 25, 2023

ChubbyChecker
Mar 25, 2018

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

"Those Clowns in Congress"

Samuel L. Hacksaw
Mar 26, 2007

Never Stop Posting
I like to suck cock in truckstops.

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Did I just say that out loud~~?!!!
Not only do I believe that African Americans should have equal rights, but I also believe that former slaves ought to have all the same rights and privileges bestowed upon them by our Constitution as enjoyed by the white race, and the Union government ought to enforce the 13th, 14th, and 15th Amendments upon the treacherous heart of the rebellion with the lash of the whip and the authority of the cannon -- so help us God! May the secessionist scum be trampled 'neath the righteous boot-heel of freedom like he once trampled upon the lives of hapless wretches that he waged unlawful insurrection to maintain in abominable servitude.

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

DrSunshine posted:

Not only do I believe that African Americans should have equal rights, but I also believe that former slaves ought to have all the same rights and privileges bestowed upon them by our Constitution as enjoyed by the white race, and the Union government ought to enforce the 13th, 14th, and 15th Amendments upon the treacherous heart of the rebellion with the lash of the whip and the authority of the cannon -- so help us God! May the secessionist scum be trampled 'neath the righteous boot-heel of freedom like he once trampled upon the lives of hapless wretches that he waged unlawful insurrection to maintain in abominable servitude.

i do wish the left held on to the term republican, a leftist term

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

Cruising was a good movie

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

ReTHUGlican!!

sure okay
Apr 7, 2006

I believe that Instrumentality from NGE - basically the idea of every human shedding their egos and assimilating into a single divine entity - is cool and good, and I would make it happen in a heartbeat.

I also don't think Borg or other hiveminds are all that bad, and storytellers make them look and sound gross as a weak copout, similar to the 90's trend of making bad guys effeminate just to turn the audience against them.

Is that a right leaning opinion, or is that turbo-left I can't tell

maybeadracula
Sep 9, 2022

by sebmojo

sure okay posted:

I believe that Instrumentality from NGE - basically the idea of every human shedding their egos and assimilating into a single divine entity - is cool and good, and I would make it happen in a heartbeat.

I also don't think Borg or other hiveminds are all that bad, and storytellers make them look and sound gross as a weak copout, similar to the 90's trend of making bad guys effeminate just to turn the audience against them.

Infinite ultra communism and zero individuality hmm let me think if that's right wing

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

sure okay posted:

ew thats gross. i dont want to merge with you. dont merge humans without their consent.

sure okay
Apr 7, 2006

maybeadracula posted:

Infinite ultra communism and zero individuality hmm let me think if that's right wing

Yeah but it's essentially a religious belief that I would be forcing on everyone

Extra Large Marge
Jan 21, 2004

Fun Shoe
I think you should have a right to CHOOSE if you want a laser grafted to your head

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

sure okay posted:

Yeah but it's essentially a religious belief that I would be forcing on everyone

republicans want to enforce protestant christianity specifically, not just any random set of beliefs that can be loosely called a religion. they dont even like other kinds of christians.

NoiseAnnoys
May 17, 2010

that we should give the death penalty to freaks who leave massive floaters in public toilets.

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

sure okay posted:

all of this except i don't think humans should ascend; that what we can build outlasts and outclasses us by millennia. the future of humanity is to spawn its progeny: the machine. our gift to the universe will be the computer. we'll all die on this rock. the machine will live forever.

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

NoiseAnnoys posted:

that we should give the death penalty to freaks who leave massive floaters in public toilets.

:drat: death penalty is a bit harsh dont you think

Private Cumshoe
Feb 15, 2019

AAAAAAAGAGHAAHGGAH
Floater leavers in public bathrooms are the worst keep that poo poo in the urinal where it belongs!!

cock hero flux
Apr 17, 2011

GolfHole posted:

all of this except i don't think humans should ascend; that what we can build outlasts and outclasses us by millennia. the future of humanity is to spawn its progeny: the machine. our gift to the universe will be the computer. we'll all die on this rock. the machine will live forever.

i've decided to be an AI luddite because if the rise of the machine intelligence is inevitable I want to be immortalized in its memory forever as a Problem That Once Occurred

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

NoiseAnnoys posted:

Only if we can also execute dudes who piss all over the seat in public toilets

Anne Whateley
Feb 11, 2007
:unsmith: i like nice words
My opinion is that old architecture and design is better

Earwicker posted:

republicans want to enforce protestant christianity specifically, not just any random set of beliefs that can be loosely called a religion. they dont even like other kinds of christians.
they don’t even like all/most Protestants!!!

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

rotinaj posted:

Only if we can also execute dudes who piss all over the seat in public toilets

the op has never said he does that tho

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

MrQwerty posted:

the op has never said he does that tho

Yes, i am saying that if dudes who leave floaters get executed, dudes who seatpiss should also be executed

Just piggybacking on an idea I approve of

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

What is your most republican aligned opinion: The Pencilhands Synod

NoiseAnnoys
May 17, 2010

i'lll allow it.

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

and just like real republicans the actual motive behind these "execute floater-leavers and seat-pissers" agendas is really creating more justification for obsessing over what other people do in public restrooms and fabricating reasons for some kind of bathroom enforcement squad, while also obfuscating the fact the most serious culprits are most likely the people proposing these ideas in the first place

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

cock hero flux posted:

i've decided to be an AI luddite because if the rise of the machine intelligence is inevitable I want to be immortalized in its memory forever as a Problem That Once Occurred

i realized that if you are one of the first people to be 'uploaded' then you'll effectively be a god in the new future.

not a powerful god, mind you.

more like a relic old greek god. someone who knows what 'touch' actually is.

you'll never find the same ease in the collective that those who are born there have by instinct.

you'd be between worlds.

everyone who is 'born' in the machine will be born faster, smarter, more capable than you.

they'll regard you as a curiosity. a 'founder'.
they'll ask you how it felt to breathe or what gravity was like.

you'll eventually forget. maybe some vague memories. people will still call you a god--as they shapeshift and effervesce and soar through the air--and you won't know why.

GolfHole fucked around with this message at 17:52 on Oct 25, 2023

feelix
Nov 27, 2016
THE ONLY EXERCISE I AM UNFAMILIAR WITH IS EXERCISING MY ABILITY TO MAKE A POST PEOPLE WANT TO READ
I was gonna post "idk if kids should be allowed to transition early, kids are stupid and can do things they regret, but on the other hand if it's not just kid stupidity, then forcing the kid to live as the wrong gender can be very damaging also, its complicated" but then I remembered that there are months of evaluations by experts that know more than me for this exact reason so its not actually an issue

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

feelix posted:

I was gonna post "idk if kids should be allowed to transition early, kids are stupid and can do things they regret, but on the other hand if it's not just kid stupidity, then forcing the kid to live as the wrong gender can be very damaging also, its complicated" but then I remembered that there are months of evaluations by experts that know more than me for this exact reason so its not actually an issue

not just that but i think kids themselves usually know more about their actual gender identity and feelings than their parents or anyone else does. like, they are the actual experts.