Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

R.L. Stine
Oct 19, 2007

welcome to dead gay dog house
harbor freight seems like a good place to get tools that break immediately

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

R.L. Stine posted:

I bought a pack of screws from there once and the first screw out of the pack snapped immediately.

E: the rest of the pack has screwed fine so far maybe so :shrug:

flubber nuts
Oct 5, 2005

MrQwerty posted:

auras aren't chemical filters thanks for being worthless!

sorry i got excited. carry on soldier. :coolfish::coffee:

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

BATS FLY AT MOON posted:

I bought a pack of screws from there once and the first screw out of the pack snapped immediately

Classic HF

Supreme Allah
Oct 6, 2004

everybody relax, i'm here
Nap Ghost
what do you mean OP, last time I was at home depot the helpful fella worked there spent a bunch of time telling me about the best alternatives during the adderall shortage. I needed wood filler.

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

R.L. Stine posted:

harbor freight is where you buy cheap tools to use a couple times until they break and not care if some rear end in a top hat steals them

if you do some research, though, HF does sell some tools that aren't poo poo

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

I'm Team Lowes

20 Blunts
Jan 21, 2017

Supreme Allah posted:

what do you mean OP, last time I was at home depot the helpful fella worked there spent a bunch of time telling me about the best alternatives during the adderall shortage. I needed wood filler.

Yes - has OP considered asking the home Depot employees non home Depot questions? Maybe they know something

Fabulousity
Dec 29, 2008

Number One I order you to take a number two.

Harbor Freight couldn't get jack stands right. Twice.

https://www.caranddriver.com/news/a33238450/harbor-freight-recalls-replacement-pittsburgh-jack-stands/

Although I guess it's a monkey paw feature if someone doesn't steal your HF stuff out of fear it might kill them?

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

Fabulousity posted:

Harbor Freight couldn't get jack stands right. Twice.

https://www.caranddriver.com/news/a33238450/harbor-freight-recalls-replacement-pittsburgh-jack-stands/

Although I guess it's a monkey paw feature if someone doesn't steal your HF stuff out of fear it might kill them?

"stuff that can potentially end your life in the span of miliseconds due to structural failure" is equipment you should be spending real money on

cheap cordless drivers and boxcutters are not

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

redshirt posted:

I'm Team Lowes

I prefer Lowes but their cold lighting mixed with the blue theme of the store is migraine triggering for some reason. I get the same thing from Walmart.

Busters
Jan 24, 2014

It's because once your a Home Depot employee, all your thoughts are replaced with their kick-rear end theme music.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ycPDM8OVqLI

R.L. Stine
Oct 19, 2007

welcome to dead gay dog house

MrQwerty posted:

harbor freight is where you buy cheap tools to use a couple times until they break and not care if some rear end in a top hat steals them

if you do some research, though, HF does sell some tools that aren't poo poo

i needed a cheap orbit sander fast and black+decker was on sale. i was embarrassed to be seen coming out of the store with it. it broke in less than a week but that's all i needed it for

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

I'm accidentally a suicide bomber!

MrQwerty posted:

I'm so mad at home depot employees that I'd be in my right mind to go blow up the plumbing department with a bricklike-turd and leave it for them

Internetjack
Sep 15, 2007

oh god how did this get here i am not good with computers
Top Cop
The best employee interaction I've had at a HD was with an autistic person. Took me straight to the couple of obscure parts I was looking for, advised me on options and matching products. Completely rock solid, no time wasted. I look for that guy anytime I have a question when there. Most other employees there are lucky if they can tell you the right aisle to find something in.

Spinz
Jan 7, 2020

I ordered luscious new gemstones from India and made new earrings for my SA mart thread

Remember my earrings and art are much better than my posting

New stuff starts towards end of page 3 of the thread

R.L. Stine posted:

I bought a set of files to file the ends of my ear wires so they aren't sharp. They could handle the gold fill but the Argentium Sterling silver was too hard for them and would gouge them up

Insane

Can't even sell working steel needle files

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

Spinz posted:

I bought a set of files to file the ends of my ear wires so they aren't sharp. They could handle the gold fill but the Argentium Sterling silver was too hard for them and would gouge them up

Insane

Can't even sell working steel needle files

HF has three pricing tiers on everything and the lowest tier is 100% garbage, 100% of the time

Grey Cat
Jun 3, 2023

Doing stuff and things

BATS FLY AT MOON posted:

Same, but for me it was in the alley behind Home Depot

I knew this comment was coming when talking about pipes.

Tristesse
Feb 23, 2006

Chasing the dream.
the time before last when I went to home depot I was going to the checkout counter with a big jug of poison when a super old lady who worked there stopped me and led me back to a random PC and she spent like a half hour trying to convince me to never use the poison and just get a flamethrower for the weeds in my yard. They didn't have the flamethrower in stock though so I left without anything.

I thought about it for like 3 days and then went back and bought the poison because I will burn my whole house down and possibly my neighborhood if I tried whatever the gently caress she was trying to get me to do.

Slip
Jan 20, 2001
A while back I was buying a dishwasher and I asked the guy in the dishwasher section which one he recommended. He just sorta shrugged and said I could look at their website ratings. I guess he wasn't wrong but thanks home depot dude.

pencilhands
Aug 20, 2022

I would understand if I was there looking for really complex or specific sizes of things but the other day I stopped to ask a guy where the paint was and he had to look it up on his little device

like seriously bro

and before he would tell me he was asking how my kitchen is doing and i panicked and didnt know how to make him stop so i just said i dont have a kitchen and he looked at me funny

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

pencilhands posted:

I would understand if I was there looking for really complex or specific sizes of things but the other day I stopped to ask a guy where the paint was and he had to look it up on his little device

like seriously bro

and before he would tell me he was asking how my kitchen is doing and i panicked and didnt know how to make him stop so i just said i dont have a kitchen and he looked at me funny

these are all extremely pencilhands problems and have nothing to do with home depot

cumpantry
Dec 18, 2020

imagine working retail and seeing pencilhands come through the doors, beelining straight past you and to the toilets, knowing deep within the pit of your soul what he's about to do and what you're going to inevitably be forced to rectify

:cripes:

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
Go to an actual hardware store OP

lol if u dont have an ACE Hardware nearby

Jelly
Feb 11, 2004

Ask me about my STD collection!
Your constant almost obsessive disdain for teachers and low-wage workers is really loving weird, pencilhands.

Maybe try to be less of a reprehensible low-life piece of poo poo and focus some of your misplaced and monumentally stupid angst towards something that actually sucks, like white supremacists (also see: police, republicans, christians)

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

Posting in a legendary PH thread

Treecko
Apr 23, 2008

The Official Demon Girl
Boss of 2022!
drat bro maybe they really all just started working there 5 minutes ago.

Alternatively, poo poo gets moved on a daily basis to make room for more dumb unnecessary poo poo. Let the poor kid look it up man, he probably couldn't tell a 2x4 from a 2 ply of TP.

Treecko
Apr 23, 2008

The Official Demon Girl
Boss of 2022!
It's seasonal hiring season, they're all new and trying thier best

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

Pencilhands terrorizing retail employees with mundanity and rock-hard shits

Jelly
Feb 11, 2004

Ask me about my STD collection!
Ok I decided to look at reddit because I hate myself and this same thread is on their front page right now.

drat PH, not only do your threads suck, they're not even original.

https://www.reddit.com/r/mildlyinfuriating/comments/17g3hzn/home_depot_employee_refused_to_help_me_locate/

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

MrQwerty posted:

Pencilhands terrorizing retail employees with mundanity and rock-hard shits

Also sucking dicks in the restroom gloryhole. You can’t get that at ACE.

Buce
Dec 23, 2005

harbor freight wizard master

null_pointer
Nov 9, 2004

Center in, pull back. Stop. Track 45 right. Stop. Center and stop.

Buce posted:

Jesus Christ, if I was ever called this, I would just fill my pockets full of rocks and march directly into the sea. RIP PH

pencilhands
Aug 20, 2022

Jelly posted:

Ok I decided to look at reddit because I hate myself and this same thread is on their front page right now.

drat PH, not only do your threads suck, they're not even original.

https://www.reddit.com/r/mildlyinfuriating/comments/17g3hzn/home_depot_employee_refused_to_help_me_locate/

thats my reddit account

Blurry Gray Thing
Jun 3, 2009

MrQwerty posted:

I'm so mad at home depot employees that I'd be in my right mind to go blow up the men's room with a bricklike-turd and leave it for them

You're just looking for a justification and excuse to do something you were already planning to.

Brain Curry
Feb 15, 2007

People think that I'm lazy
People think that I'm this fool because
I give a fuck about the government
I didn't graduate from high school

Buce posted:

BigBadSteve
Apr 29, 2009

pre:
p e n c i l h a n d s