Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

BigBadSteve posted:

pre:
p e n c i l h a n d s
e       n   o     e    
n           m     p
c           e     o
i n               t
l
home
a
n
d e p o t
s

lmao pencilhands did u steal a reddit post for clout

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

I'm accidentally a suicide bomber!

Grey Cat posted:

I knew this comment was coming when talking about pipes.

That wasn’t the only thing coming…

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Pencilhands work retail, you scumbag.

Grey Cat
Jun 3, 2023

Doing stuff and things

Brother Tadger posted:

That wasn’t the only thing coming…

Curse you!
:argh:

dervival
Apr 23, 2014

BigBadSteve posted:

pre:
p e n c i l h a n d s
e       n   o     e    
n           m     p
c           e     o
i                 t
l         f
h a r b o r 
a         e
n         i
d         g
s

h
t

fixe- gently caress, end fell off nvm

maybeadracula
Sep 9, 2022

by sebmojo
Help I can't find the paint department right in the center front row of home Depot without help, or my rear end with both hands

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

Home Depot doesn’t pay a living wage, op.

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
Pipes don't bend. All pipes are straight

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus
i asked an old dude worker at home depot where the taps are and he had no idea what i was talking about

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

One time I asked a worker at Home Depot where the nails are and they punched me in the face.

git apologist
Jun 4, 2003

pencilhands posted:

Home depot is the weirdest loving store. Any time I ask any employee literally any question they stare at you blankly and go “uhhhhhh let me look that up” or “sorry I don’t work in this area of the store” it’s like every single person working there started the job 5 minutes ago. I think I could cosplay as a Home Depot employee better than someone who actually works there. I no longer bother asking anyone where anything is because aimlessly wandering the aisles is faster.

because they get paid gently caress all and have to deal with assholes like you all day. i respect someone who doesn’t give a poo poo about their bullshit job

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

Nooner posted:

Pipes don't bend. All pipes are straight

Pipe laya

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

Don't forget Hitler's contributions to medicine.
Our fridge broke a few weeks ago and it was going to take like 4 days to get a service appointment and god knows how long to get parts because of the ~supply chain~, Home Depot had like, some gig guy drop this off in like 8 hours on a Sunday, A++

Converts to a full garage freezer when we can finally get it out of our house, god it hurt to explain to my friend that came over last weekend that this was not a lifestyle choice to have it in our dinning room, we were waiting on parts for our four door fridge and not living in like a trailer home where the fridge breaks and you buy a $100 Walmart fridge and just leave the old one there because it is too hard to get it out of the trailer home and you have no where to put it if you did.

pencilhands
Aug 20, 2022

Three Olives posted:

Our fridge broke a few weeks ago and it was going to take like 4 days to get a service appointment and god knows how long to get parts because of the ~supply chain~, Home Depot had like, some gig guy drop this off in like 8 hours on a Sunday, A++

Converts to a full garage freezer when we can finally get it out of our house, god it hurt to explain to my friend that came over last weekend that this was not a lifestyle choice to have it in our dinning room, we were waiting on parts for our four door fridge and not living in like a trailer home where the fridge breaks and you buy a $100 Walmart fridge and just leave the old one there because it is too hard to get it out of the trailer home and you have no where to put it if you did.

ok

Devils Affricate
Jan 22, 2010
I like how they have to tell people that the fridge isn't able to keep your food warm if the ambient temperature is freezing

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
goddamn i hate looking at non-darkmode screenshots

people still stare at all that white poo poo all day?

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

Chinatown posted:

I love staring at old dog poop

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

Lil Swamp Booger Baby posted:

Same

Brain Curry
Feb 15, 2007

People think that I'm lazy
People think that I'm this fool because
I give a fuck about the government
I didn't graduate from high school

Lil Swamp Booger Baby posted:

Turn off your monitor

buglord
Jul 31, 2010

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!

Buglord

Buce posted:

harbor freight wizard master

hahaha

naem
May 29, 2011

i rented for a year in an area I wasn’t familiar with after switching coasts and the area looked affluent but had like a LOT of crime

home depot’s all had these in the lot

so much crime that you just kinda record it all and go after the ones that are too obvious

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

naem posted:

i rented for a year in an area I wasn’t familiar with after switching coasts and the area looked affluent but had like a LOT of crime

so much crime that you just kinda record it all and go after the ones that are too obvious

pretty much every parking lot of a retail store in albuquerque has these

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
every wallmart parking lot has multiples of those lol

satanic splash-back
Jan 28, 2009

naem posted:

Home Depot is the only place around here that has those

They even have recorded messages playing reminding you that you're being actively recorded and monitored by the local police!

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
Who the gently caress hassles an employee to help you find something? You know they aren't paid enough for that poo poo

Jelly
Feb 11, 2004

Ask me about my STD collection!

Chinatown posted:

It's so weird that I have never seen one single person in my entire life who doesn't use darkmode give a single gently caress what color anybody else's screen is

Y'all are really trying to compete with vegans and people who "don't watch TV"

NoiseAnnoys
May 17, 2010

op loves abusing minimum wage staff it seems

The X-man cometh
Nov 1, 2009
Does Lowes pay better? It's basically the same place as Home Depot but the employees actually know things.

Jelly
Feb 11, 2004

The X-man cometh posted:

Does Lowes pay better? It's basically the same place as Home Depot but the employees actually know things.
This kind of generalization is silly because it's not like these corporations are people. The employees there are in a heavily fluctuating job cycle and every single Lowe's and Home Depot is going to be comprised of unique individuals with their own skill sets that they come on board with. It's not like one corporation has a better training pamphlet than the other for their minimum wage workers.

At least arguments comparing fast food restaurants can legitimately be framed around the quality of ingredients, but we've all been to a McDonalds that sucks and also a McDonalds that rules.

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

Three olives providing more content to the lovely thread than the op

:sad:

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

Jelly posted:

It's so weird that I have never seen one single person in my entire life who doesn't use darkmode give a single gently caress what color anybody else's screen is

Y'all are really trying to compete with vegans and people who "don't watch TV"

Brightmode causes slightly more eye strain, which means it's basically like jamming your thumb in someone's eye. But if you haven't battle hardened your eyes for the inevitable stoogening yet, you're hopeless anyway.

Jelly
Feb 11, 2004

Khanstant posted:

Brightmode causes slightly more eye strain, which means it's basically like jamming your thumb in someone's eye. But if you haven't battle hardened your eyes for the inevitable stoogening yet, you're hopeless anyway.
I don't think this is even verifiably accurate.

https://www.allaboutvision.com/digi...20the%20screen.

quote:

Is dark mode better for your eyes?
While dark mode has a lot of benefits, it may not be better for your eyes. Using dark mode is helpful in that it’s easier on the eyes than a stark, bright white screen. However, using a dark screen requires your pupils to dilate which can make it harder to focus on the screen.

Why does eye dilation make it harder to see? When your pupils dilate, your vision becomes less clear. When your pupils constrict under bright light, your vision sharpens. Just like a camera, a smaller aperture provides greater depth of focus. For this reason, it may be more difficult for some people to clearly see screen details in dark mode.

People who have myopia or astigmatism also may experience halation (from the word “halo”). Halation occurs when light spreads past a certain boundary, creating a foggy or blurry appearance.

In other words, white letters can appear to bleed into a black background, making it more difficult to read, especially if the print is fine.

Halation is more common and more severe when using dark mode, so those who already have vision issues may benefit more from a dimmed light mode or blue-light-filtering mode. No matter what mode you use to view your phone, the best way to ensure clear, comfortable viewing is to see your eye doctor for regular eye exams and an up-to-date vision prescription.

Correcting underlying vision problems will bring relief that dark mode can never achieve, both on screen and off. And if you’re going to get new glasses, you can add special lens coatings in the process that will block glare and filter blue light. But remember that not all products that claim to block or filter blue light will filter blue-violet light or blue-turquoise light. In addition, the type of blue light emitted from electronic screens may vary by manufacturer or device setting.

I can see the appeal of a dark mode if you sit in a lightless cave or something, otherwise I'm not interested.

Zybourne Clock
Oct 25, 2011

Poke me.

Jelly posted:

People with low standards tend not to mind low quality products, yes. Good job figuring that out.

Treecko
Apr 23, 2008

The Official Demon Girl
Boss of 2022!

satanic splash-back posted:

Home Depot is the only place around here that has those

They even have recorded messages playing reminding you that you're being actively recorded and monitored by the local police!

Thanks for giving me massive flashbacks of working at the (even shittier than ussual) Dollar General. All alone to open while crackhead were trying to break in and my District Manager said I'll be there.

Fred we all know you're on vacation you piece of poo poo liar.

pencilhands
Aug 20, 2022

Zybourne Clock posted:

People with low standards tend not to mind low quality products, yes. Good job figuring that out.

:goonsay:

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

Goonsay from the guy who can't find the paint department at home depot lol

Jelly
Feb 11, 2004

I gotta log off for agreeing with pencilhands

pencilhands
Aug 20, 2022

MrQwerty posted:

Goonsay from the guy who can't find the paint department at home depot lol

is difficulty locating items a goon stereotype?

Million Ghosts
Aug 11, 2011

spooooooky
man i worked there for a year doing overnight stocking, my literal job was to know where poo poo was in the hardware section, and even i couldn't tell you where to find anything. home depot has the shittiest store layout known to man and making min wage on the day crew would not motivate anyone to learn gently caress all

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jelly
Feb 11, 2004

pencilhands posted:

is difficulty locating items a goon stereotype?

get his rear end and throw that sass

Million Ghosts posted:

man i worked there for a year doing overnight stocking, my literal job was to know where poo poo was in the hardware section, and even i couldn't tell you where to find anything. home depot has the shittiest store layout known to man and making min wage on the day crew would not motivate anyone to learn gently caress all
Not to mention stores have some weird bug up their rear end that requires them to change their entire layouts three times a year