Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

Jelly posted:

Not to mention stores have some weird bug up their rear end that requires them to change their entire layouts three times a year

the paint department, however, doesn't change randomly because the centerpiece is a piece of heavy machinery that is leveled, load balanced and bolted into the floor

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Devils Affricate
Jan 22, 2010
I bet pencilhands pronounces the t in depot

Jelly
Feb 11, 2004

Ask me about my STD collection!

MrQwerty posted:

the paint department, however, doesn't change randomly because the centerpiece is a piece of heavy machinery that is leveled, load balanced and bolted into the floor
:lol:

cumpantry
Dec 18, 2020

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Isn't the paint section always in the middle and in the front, with its own dedicated section with walls?

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

the best part of using home depot for painting is the joy of spending countless torturous hours and visits picking and arguing about the perfect shade, excitedly going to the store with your partner full of ideas and confidence, optimistically watching waiting and hoping while some idiot at home depot pours way too much blue into your paint mix, going home and seeing that once you actually try to apply it you realize you've just got some vaguely brown bucket of trash, and then disappointingly throwing out whatever it was that you were going to repaint

GolfHole fucked around with this message at 22:38 on Oct 26, 2023

Aperture Priority
May 4, 2009

~~*~~Is Dream~~*~~
:coolfish::3::coolfish:

Because I was 19 and was paid $12.50 an hour lol. The only knowledgeable people working there are retiree tradesmen who work because they’re bored. If someone has practical knowledge on building and repair why the gently caress would you work at Home Depot?

Also department 25 had 25,000 unique SKUs and the store overall had something like 130,000. No way in hell could I bothered to learn where that many things are.

The X-man cometh
Nov 1, 2009

redshirt posted:

Isn't the paint section always in the middle and in the front, with its own dedicated section with walls?

Based on my experience at Home Depot, there are many employees who don't know that

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

The X-man cometh posted:

Based on my experience at Home Depot, there are many employees who don't know that

based on pencilhands' posting history he is too fat to move around the store, as well

Jelly
Feb 11, 2004

That's what Rascal's are for

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

Lol king poo poo

My Spirit Otter
Jun 15, 2006

CANADA DOESN'T GET PENS LIKE THIS

SKILCRAFT KREW Reppin' Quality Blind Made American Products. Bitch.

pencilhands posted:

Home depot is the weirdest loving store. Any time I ask any employee literally any question they stare at you blankly and go “uhhhhhh let me look that up” or “sorry I don’t work in this area of the store” it’s like every single person working there started the job 5 minutes ago. I think I could cosplay as a Home Depot employee better than someone who actually works there. I no longer bother asking anyone where anything is because aimlessly wandering the aisles is faster.

this is the end result of big box stores, op. everyone who works there doesnt give a poo poo because theyre getting minimum wage and no institutional training.

Squiggle
Sep 29, 2002

I don't think she likes the special sauce, Rick.

Capitalism ruined it pencilhands, same as everything

Blurry Gray Thing
Jun 3, 2009
OP, the reason the reddit poster you stole this from (and other posters itt who agree) notice it more in the Home Depot is because you have this weird-rear end idea that Home Depot employees are all plumbers and carpenters instead of retail workers same as in any other store.

"Oh yes, I know where you can find a compression ballcock! I know exactly what that is. I work with compression ballcocks all the time!"

Gable Oak
Apr 19, 2005
Internet Shepherdess
Gary’s Answer
The man working in the plumbing section suggested I use two accordion flex pipe sections instead of a p trap. That way I could make whatever shape I wanted! (I hadn't asked for help.)

I like the young guy in the paint department. He is supportive and encouraging of my stupid DIY choices. Hope they make you assistant manager, Bill!

Chief McHeath
Apr 23, 2002

i think its perfectly fine to steal from home depot

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

Chief McHeath posted:

i think its perfectly fine to steal from home depot

Pencilhands can't steal from home depot, because of the speed necessary

Private Cumshoe
Feb 15, 2019

AAAAAAAGAGHAAHGGAH
I still picture pencilhands as Estelle Getty irl

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

Private Cumshoe posted:

I still picture pencilhands as Estelle Getty irl

Estelle Getty's head on a morbidly obese man with an opiate problem who likes to talk about his micropenis

You Are A Werewolf
Apr 26, 2010

Black Gold!

Lowe’s is good, but they love to clearance out and discontinue everything I usually go there for. Home Depot doesn’t seem to do that as frequently, but it’s farther than Lowe’s.

ACE Hardware superiority. They’re a little bit more, but guaranteed to have what I’m looking for.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Jelly posted:

get his rear end and throw that sass

Not to mention stores have some weird bug up their rear end that requires them to change their entire layouts three times a year

:capitalism:, gotta look like you're Innovating and Making A Difference and thus a bored cokehead demands they change the layout every couple months to look busy

TIP
Mar 21, 2006

Your move, creep.

Ghost Leviathan posted:

:capitalism:, gotta look like you're Innovating and Making A Difference and thus a bored cokehead demands they change the layout every couple months to look busy

I worked in places that did that and the justification was that the customers will probably buy more stuff if they have to walk the entire store to find what they came in for

pencilhands
Aug 20, 2022

MrQwerty posted:

Pencilhands can't steal from home depot, because of the speed necessary

youve really latched onto me

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

pencilhands posted:

youve really latched onto me

you make like 30 threads a day

Shithouse Dave
Aug 5, 2007

each post manufactured to the highest specifications

Y’all need bunnings in your life. I bet Home Depot doesn’t even have a sausage sizzle outside.
https://www.tiktok.com/@swag.on.the.beat/video/7241109296350579970

pencilhands
Aug 20, 2022

MrQwerty posted:

you make like 30 threads a day

here comes the damage control

interwhat
Jul 23, 2005

it's kickin in dude
Lmao, you need help??? Hahahahahhaha oh man

BigBadSteve
Apr 29, 2009

[Nevermind]

BigBadSteve fucked around with this message at 14:57 on Oct 27, 2023

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

why the gently caress would you expect them to? do your own homework

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

shame on an IGA posted:

why the gently caress would you expect them to? do your own homework

back in my day store clerks knew about the product they were selling

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
My Home Depot Guy always has the latest scoop on discounts, gives great advice on projects large and small, and knows the store like the back of his hand.

Larry Cum Free
Jun 3, 2022

move it or lose it dillweed
I like when I go to home depot and it smells like lumber :shobon:

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

Smugworth posted:

They were bullshittin you

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

Smugworth posted:

how much did those artisan buggy whips cost back then

Jelly
Feb 11, 2004

Dang It Bhabhi! posted:

They were bullshittin you

or they worked at a place like radio shack where it was actually awesome to play with and learn about all that poo poo

Puckanas
Dec 11, 2004

An extraordinary moron!
Because they are all pupils of Socrates.

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

Jelly posted:

or they worked at a place like radio shack where it was actually awesome to play with and learn about all that poo poo

that era of radio shack didn't have clerks, only franchise owners who were too weird and offputting to keep hires around longer than an hour and only opened the store in a doomed attempt to subsidize his crippling ham radio addiction

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

Me and a squad of pipe fitters are rolling up to OP's house to teach him the meaning of DIY.

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

Lil Swamp Booger Baby posted:

Me and a squad of pipe fitters are rolling up to OP's house to teach him the meaning of DIY.

Pencilhands about to get a "low flow pipe job"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thesaurus
Oct 3, 2004

Op, you're doing it all wrong. Watch and learn from the original fulcrum, #yodie gang

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nkq0t6kCtwY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mEIAaRqyQJY