Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Zat posted:

Remedy says: "Alan Wake 2 has sold 1 million units by the end of December 2023, and 1.3 million units as of the beginning of February 2024. Alan Wake 2 is Remedy’s fastest selling game so far."

So I don't think it's exactly a flop.

https://investors.remedygames.com/announcements/remedy-entertainment-plc-remedy-announces-sales-information-for-alan-wake-2/
I know Epic financed at least some of this game, so I guess that’s fine. I wish they hadn’t released in a super busy time for games though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
They are gonna sell another million when they release on steam in a year or two

Zat
Jan 16, 2008

Malcolm Excellent posted:

They are gonna sell another million when they release on steam in a year or two

As things stand, that does not seem like a likely thing to happen. Epic hasn't allowed games it published to go to Steam ever since Epic Launcher became a thing.

The 1-year exclusivity deals that we've seen were different because those games weren't published by Epic itself.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Yeah I don’t see it leaving EGS

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
Then it will never sell another million copies

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

is yoten yo based on a traditional tune? i was watching this netflix show house of ninjas and passages from it were used as background music in one of the scenes

Zat
Jan 16, 2008

Al! posted:

is yoten yo based on a traditional tune? i was watching this netflix show house of ninjas and passages from it were used as background music in one of the scenes

Yötön Yö is a fully original song as far as I know.

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
I WANT MY NIGHT SPRINGS, AND I WANT IT NOW

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
yeah same it's been 4 whole months what's the deal sam

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT BEING ALLERGIC TO POSITIVITY

Was anyone else disappointed when Mocha the moose didn't turn out to be a taken boss? It felt like a similar bait and switch to the mammoth from the first game.

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

PriorMarcus posted:

Was anyone else disappointed when Mocha the moose didn't turn out to be a taken boss? It felt like a similar bait and switch to the mammoth from the first game.

as soon as I heard they were feeding the moose coffee I already knew his fate

lines
Aug 18, 2013

She, laughing in mockery, changed herself into a wren and flew away.

PriorMarcus posted:

I actually liked it for exactly this reason, nice callback.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

CharlestonJew posted:

as soon as I heard they were feeding the moose coffee I already knew his fate

yeah the first thing i thought of when i saw the commercial where they interject about please stop feeding the moose coffee was "that moose is super dead" lol

AngryBooch
Sep 26, 2009
https://twitter.com/Wario64/status/1762887969076080737

https://investors.remedygames.com/a...from-505-games/

Let's fuckin go dude

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Dynamite!!!

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

Give them Quantum Break, Microsoft:argh:

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

Not saying that isn't good overall but a publisher selling an IP for the (relatively) paltry amount they've paid for development on the first game's sequel seems like it means 505 isn't doing great and that might also mean Control 2 could face issues as well since Remedy will need to find another publisher or fund it themselves.

AngryBooch
Sep 26, 2009

Kibayasu posted:

Not saying that isn't good overall but a publisher selling an IP for the (relatively) paltry amount they've paid for development on the first game's sequel seems like it means 505 isn't doing great and that might also mean Control 2 could face issues as well since Remedy will need to find another publisher or fund it themselves.

505 is struggling for sure, 30% layoffs in November of last year iirc. They recently released a remake of Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons that is actively worse in all regards than the original game. Remedy is in a position of relative strength as Alan Wake 2 has been successful for them and 505 is very weak at the moment. It's likely that 505 couldn't even properly fund Control 2 and Condor anyway.

I'm very glad that Remedy is happy with the performance of AW2, I was worried about it.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

Kibayasu posted:

aren't they in a multi game publishing deal with epic now

AngryBooch
Sep 26, 2009

site posted:

aren't they in a multi game publishing deal with epic now

I believe they signed a two game deal with Epic, the first of which turned out to be Alan Wake 2. The second game is a smaller title that is connected.

https://investors.remedygames.com/announcements/remedy-entertainment-signs-with-epic-games-to-publish-two-new-multi-platform-games/

quote:

Remedy Entertainment, developer of record-breaking Control, nominated for 11 BAFTA® Games Awards and recipient of over 20 “Game of the Year” awards, has signed with Epic Games to publish Remedy’s next two unannounced video games. The games are part of Epic Games’ new, developer-first publishing effort, giving full creative freedom and IP ownership to its development partners.

The first project is Remedy’s most ambitious one yet, an AAA multi-platform game already in pre-production. The second is a new, smaller-scale project set in the same franchise. Both games are being developed on Remedy’s proprietary, state-of-the-art Northlight game engine and tools.

Is the smaller project the AW2 DLCs? Perhaps their is an "expandalone" in the works?

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

There is supposed to be a Control multiplayer thing in development

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

FlamingLiberal posted:

There is supposed to be a Control multiplayer thing in development

argh

lines
Aug 18, 2013

Didn't the live service/multiplayer aspect of that get nixed?

Azubah
Jun 5, 2007

The Control multiplayer should have a killstreak ability where you summon Jesse for a few minutes.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

lines posted:

Didn't the live service/multiplayer aspect of that get nixed?
Not that I’m aware of but they have not really talked about their other projects much

lines
Aug 18, 2013

Ah this is what I was thinking of: https://www.theverge.com/2023/11/13/23958953/remedy-entertainment-premium-game-free-to-play

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
according to this new df video were getting a new patch in a couple days

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t-3PkRbeO8A

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

ok finally finished, that was a blast, now to read all the spoiler bits

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

Hell yeah.

https://www.threads.net/@samlakewrites/post/C4ZxFosNrnQ/

It doesn't embed on the forums but Sam Lake apparently just finished up his final motion capture shoot for the DLC. And of course he's holding a coffee mug in the photo lol

lines
Aug 18, 2013

I wonder what they're doing with James McCaffrey's voiced bits. Hard to imagine a replacement for him.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
you wouldn't necessarily have to have him in there, there's long segments of the game where Casey wasn't in at all

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT BEING ALLERGIC TO POSITIVITY

Feels Villeneuve posted:

you wouldn't necessarily have to have him in there, there's long segments of the game where Casey wasn't in at all

Yeah, but this is in response to the fact Sam Lake has posted saying he's completed performance capture work for the DLC's so we know he's in there.

Comedy option; Get Mark Wahlberg to voice him.

lines
Aug 18, 2013

Yeah I had assumed they'd find a way for him not to be there - if they're not doing that I guess they'll have to do something else.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
Maybe it's more Sam lake as Sam lake

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

I assume they recorded his lines a while ago

Heavy Metal
Sep 1, 2014

America's $1 Funnyman

Random note, I watched American Splendor recently (cool Giamatti movie from 2003), and James McCaffrey was great in that. I even recognized his voice right away I was like is that our guy Max Payne? And it was.

acksplode
May 17, 2004

Hellö I am Ålex Casey. My Americän accent has sadly passed awåy [superimposed photo of James McCaffrey briefly flashes] may it rest in peace. I have decided to embrace my retcönned Finnish heritage

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
alan's reality warping is getting out of hand