Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
Alan read one listacle about Finland before going into the dark place, and hosed up reality BIG TIME

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
oh no remedy, no

https://www.eurogamer.net/remedy-details-control-live-service-multiplayer-spin-off

apparently, sadly, aw2 did not do well sales wise

https://www.eurogamer.net/remedy-blames-revenue-drop-on-72m-cost-to-reboot-project-vanguard posted:

In the studio's recently published financial results, Remedy said its revenue fell to €33.9m, posting an operating loss of €28.6m. This is even with the launch of Alan Wake 2 in October, which is yet to recuperate its development and marketing costs.

site fucked around with this message at 18:12 on Mar 26, 2024

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT BEING ALLERGIC TO POSITIVITY

site posted:

oh no remedy, no

https://www.eurogamer.net/remedy-details-control-live-service-multiplayer-spin-off

Yeah, I'd love more Control, and I can see a multiplayer game in that setting working, but everything about that (live service, based entirely in the Oldest House) sounds dire.

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

I do wonder if part of that was being on Epic only, at least for PC - I'm sure console sales dwarfed PC sales regardless but I've heard tons of stories from devs saying they made double the profit they did on Epic the instant it released on Steam. I didn't mind buying it on Epic but I sure didn't like the achievement notifications and lack of easily being able to disable permanently, enough that I will likely continue to avoid the EGS when possible.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

It costs me nothing to wait and see if their MP Control game is any good or not, so that's what I'll do.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:
if they want to get that paper because mass audiences arent hungry for art games like alan wake 2, im all for it. as long as it doesnt drip back into everything they do from now on [smash cut to:]

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
microtranasctions to get the next novel page in alan wake 3

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

site posted:

oh no remedy, no

That's kinda crazy that Remedy are a public company because alot of their games are artsy and experimental. I would have thought shareholders would have already forced them to develop something more commercial.

The control mp game sounds like a waste of money to me but I hope I am wrong. Also they got the Max Payne remakes/remasters that is contracted work which should help them out financially.

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Some say that his politics are terrifying, and that he once punched a horse to the ground...

Where Alan Wake 2 dlc

(to follow the discussion above, dlc won't help with bringing in more income since a good portion likely was already sold on/around release but they'll certainly get a few dollars out of it once they release it)

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
Seriously. i'm waiting remedy what's the hold up

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

I can't find it but I know they posted something very recently that they were wrapped up with the DLC motion capture