Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AKA Pseudonym
May 16, 2004

A dashing and sophisticated young man
Doctor Rope
Oh boy! A bowl full of carbs that tastes like boiled paper. Yummy yummy yummy. Can't get enough.

When I was a kid I had a vague sense that they were healthy just because they aren't as overtly sugary as Fruity Pebbles or whatever. But actually have quite a lot of sugar. Could you imagine what that poo poo tastes like without sugar?

So why do people eat this crap? Are they just curious about what horse feed tastes like? How have they managed to sell this slop for what must be more than 100 years?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

I always hated Cheerios.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
Stanley and Phyllis

DrPossum
May 15, 2004

i am not a surgeon
babies mostly op

DrPossum
May 15, 2004

i am not a surgeon
bricks of shredded wheat are where it's at

Jelly
Feb 11, 2004

Ask me about my STD collection!
I swear Honey Nut Cheerios used to be amazing but now they taste like cardboard.

I remember my science teacher in Junior High showed us how literal it was that Cheerios had iron by pouring a bunch in a bowl of water and crushing them with his fingers, then he showed us his fingers had specks of iron all over them.

Grey Cat
Jun 3, 2023

Doing stuff and things

Me, op.
But only the honey nut ones.

I also eat cornflakes/frosted flakes and like them, ask me anything.

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.
Have you ever tried sticking your dick in a Cheerio OP?

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

My toddler you dunderhead

Mega64
May 23, 2008

You're not supposed to eat them, you're supposed to plant them and grow donut trees.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

You're supposed to dump a fuckton of sugar on them so you can't taste the blandness.

Spinz
Jan 7, 2020

I ordered luscious new gemstones from India and made new earrings for my SA mart thread

Remember my earrings and art are much better than my posting

New stuff starts towards end of page 3 of the thread

super sweet best pal posted:

You're supposed to dump a fuckton of sugar on them so you can't taste the blandness.

Sugar makes them taste worse

It's an extremely rare phenomenon

Mega64
May 23, 2008

Better to skip the Cheerios and only eat the sugar.

Buce
Dec 23, 2005

they did a good job of marketing themselves as the healthy breakfast cereal for the masses and marketing works, unfortunately

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
I’d rather eat cheerios than British food op

Jelly
Feb 11, 2004

BATS FLY AT MOON posted:

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

I the gently caress eats Cheerios

Suspekt Device
Jan 9, 2017

The type of people who don't read nutrition labels think they're health food (because they taste bad). Also old people because it doesn't upset your stomach because there's no fiber! It's like eating wonder bread with whole milk.

Suspekt Device fucked around with this message at 00:52 on Oct 26, 2023

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

I'm a Grape Nut man.

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

BATS FLY AT MOON posted:

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
who poo poo in this guy's bowl of cheerios

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.
It is shredded wheat. Not frosted. A big block of it in a plain white bowl, half full of milk. It is on a table, where a man sits. There is no other food on the table.

The man is dressed in a white shirt and black slacks, and he'll put on a tie when he's finished. Maybe he's not alone, it's just very early and his family is still asleep. He takes his spoon and turns the block of shredded wheat over in its bowl, so that the other side can soak. He feels his hunger, but he waits anyway. After a period of time, of a length roughly the same as yesterday, and the day before (this time-period has become instinctual for him), he picks up his spoon and begins to break the block up. Not completely of course, just into chunks that fit squarely onto the spoon. The chunks usually have one side that's soggy and one side that's still a little bit crunchy. The way he spoons each into his mouth, along with an appropriate quantity of milk, puts the crunchy side at his teeth and the soggy side on his tongue.

As he chews, the crunchy side gets pulverized while the soggy side is mashed up by the natural motion of the tongue while chewing. When he has eaten all the chunks, there is still milk left in the bowl, and in it the crumbs that resulted from breaking the initial block. He does not raise the bowl to his lips to drink the remainder; even though no one is there to see, he sticks to his etiquette and dutifully drains the bowl spoonful by spoonful. When he is finished, there are still crumbs in the bowl. He gets up from the table, takes the bowl to the sink, and quickly rinses it out. He leaves the bowl in the sink; it will be dealt with later. He walks away to get his things, and then he leaves. The sun has not yet risen.

JamMaster Flash
Dec 3, 2003

Cheerios were great when I was a young dude trying to get big. Now I give em to my large toddler son. They've got a time and place.

Spinz
Jan 7, 2020

I ordered luscious new gemstones from India and made new earrings for my SA mart thread

Remember my earrings and art are much better than my posting

New stuff starts towards end of page 3 of the thread

redshirt posted:

I'm a Grape Nut man.

You flirt

Blurry Gray Thing
Jun 3, 2009

BATS FLY AT MOON posted:

But what if someone puts cheerios on a slice of bread and calls it a 'cheery'?

Crimson Harvest
Jul 14, 2004

I'm a GENERAL, not some opera floozy!
yall are wack cheerios have never been better thanks both variety and huge plastic resealable bag. if your stuff tastes like cardboard at this point that's a skill issue.

Dixville
Nov 4, 2008

I don't think!
Ham Wrangler
I tried the strawberry flavor one time and it wasn't bad. They also have chocolate I think, that might be okay. Just branch out on your cheerios flavors op don't be afraid to live it up!

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
One presumes this American children's cereal is eaten by American children OP. You know, the little fatty-fat ones.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Funky See Funky Do posted:

One presumes this American children's cereal is eaten by American children OP. You know, the little fatty-fat ones.

Kids love Kix.

Jelly
Feb 11, 2004

redshirt posted:

Kids love Kix.

Kix rules.

So do Grapenuts.

You Are A Werewolf
Apr 26, 2010

Black Gold!

Cheerios are alright with like a spoonful of sugar in the milk.

Honey Nut Cheerios are where it’s at.

Sounds like OP isn’t cheery, yo.

R.L. Stine
Oct 19, 2007

welcome to dead gay dog house
i'm so loving pissed off at cereal. we don't allow it in the house. "the taste you can see"? that's for sure cause all i see is a miserable PILE OF HORSE poo poo IN THAT BOWL. gently caress YOUt. love muesli tho

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

SUCK A MALE CAMEL'S DICK WITH MIRACLE WHIP!!
I eat them bitches. AMA

mannerup
Jan 11, 2004

♬ I Know You're Dying Trying To Figure Me Out♬

♬My Name's On The Tip Of Your Tongue Keep Running Your Mouth♬

♬You Want The Recipe But Can't Handle My Sound My Sound My Sound♬

♬No Matter What You Do Im Gonna Get It Without Ya♬

♬ I Know You Ain't Used To A Female Alpha♬
love having them as part of a three course meal right after I eat some applesauce and before I eat a cut up hot dog

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Are they added to Xmas time Chex Mix? Or is that Chex only?

Scrotum Modem
Sep 12, 2014

Ambassadorofsodomy posted:

I eat them bitches. AMA

do you store extra cheerios in your butt for munching on later

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

French Toast Crunch ftw.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
FEEL FREE TO DISREGARD THIS POST

It is guaranteed to be lazy, ignorant, and/or uninformed.
I eat Honey Nut Cheerios and they're pretty drat good

Treecko
Apr 23, 2008

The Official Demon Girl
Boss of 2022!

Hollismason posted:

I eat Honey Nut Cheerios and they're pretty drat good

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Skoora
Sep 29, 2009

redshirt posted:

Kids love Kix.

Kix always remind me of how, in fifth grade, my friend Anthony tried the entire year to make me throw up by saying the nastiest poo poo. He finally got me on the second to last day of school and I blasted Kix all over the black top.

You guys ever have Oh's? Those are like a delicacy.