Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

great big cardboard tube
Sep 3, 2003

Hate is never cool OP, unless it's Nazis you should hate Nazis

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KinkyJohn
Sep 19, 2002

Here's a hot take for you:
We are entering the sci-fi-becoming-reality era, and it's time for humanity's collective conscience to grow the gently caress up, but the bad news is humanity's collective conscience is a god drat moron.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

KinkyJohn posted:

Here's a hot take for you:
We are entering the sci-fi-becoming-reality era, and it's time for humanity's collective conscience to grow the gently caress up, but the bad news is humanity's collective conscience is a god drat moron.

...are you saying... WE'RE GONNA GET DUNE?!

KinkyJohn
Sep 19, 2002

Yes.

But only the bad parts

N. Senada
May 17, 2011

My kidneys are busted

great big cardboard tube posted:

Hate is never cool OP, unless it's Nazis you should hate Nazis

That’s not a religion dummy

Turrurrurrurrrrrrr
Dec 22, 2018

I hope this is "battle" enough for you, friend.

Are there any gay gods?

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

Don’t laugh at me
Don’t call me names
Don’t take pleasure from my pain
In gods eyes we’re all the same
Some day we’ll all have perfect wings
Don’t laugh at me

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

Turrurrurrurrrrrrr posted:

Are there any gay gods?

like all the greek ones i think

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

NOT PENNY'S BOAT

Private Cumshoe
Feb 15, 2019

AAAAAAAGAGHAAHGGAH

Chinatown posted:

thinkin about big militant atheist tiddies

:yeah:

The Bramble
Mar 16, 2004

heh, yeah, religion is the worst! What I offer is totally different. A method and process by which you can unlock your real potential and accomplish your goals, all while achieving a greater sense of purpose and understanding of your place in the universe. We have quite a few celebrity adherents, ever heard of Alison Mack??

Private Cumshoe
Feb 15, 2019

AAAAAAAGAGHAAHGGAH
Too much NXIUM can give you heart problems and dementia, coincidence??

Big pharma has a lot of explaining to do

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

The Bramble posted:

ever heard of Alison Mack??

yeah of course

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

Devils Affricate posted:

I guess rastafarianism gets a pass but that's the only one

Guess you like trans and homophobia

Henry Lee Mucus
Dec 11, 2003

What if god was one of us? Just a slob like one of us? Ever think about that you religion hating bitches???

The Bramble
Mar 16, 2004

Ehud posted:

yeah of course

This is what you can achieve if you join my lifestyle brand and move to my community of exclusively like minded followers! Half-off membership fees for white women aged 16-25!!

William Bear
Oct 26, 2012

"That's what they all say!"

Henry Lee Mucus posted:

What if god was one of us? Just a slob like one of us? Ever think about that you religion hating bitches???

Yes, that's the premise of Christianity.

Henry Lee Mucus
Dec 11, 2003

William Bear posted:

Yes, that's the premise of Christianity.

:barf:

flubber nuts
Oct 5, 2005

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005
Me irl:

Crimson Harvest
Jul 14, 2004

I'm a GENERAL, not some opera floozy!
Is being cool again going to do anything to soothe my cult-scarred spirit, cause im gonna hate it anyway and it would be nice to get a side buff for once

cumpantry
Dec 18, 2020

i saw jesus streaming on Twitch.tv

The X-man cometh
Nov 1, 2009
Hating Muslims never went away OP

A Stupid Baby
Dec 31, 2002

lip up fatty
Sadly, the vast majority of the population still participates in ritualized child abuse cults

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

Have you considered that maybe religion deserves it? They know what they did.

Henry Lee Mucus
Dec 11, 2003

Jesus looking like beef tartare: haters gonna hate :smug:

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

I think younger people can stand to have some spirituality in their life but most organized religions are concentrated anal waste.

William Bear
Oct 26, 2012

"That's what they all say!"
I don't think any critic of religion will ever be as consistently entertaining as Thomas Paine. All quotes from The Age of Reason (written from 1794-1807).

quote:

The story of Eve and the serpent, and of Noah and his ark, drops to a level with the Arabian tales, without the merit of being entertaining.

The Christian mythologists, after having confined Satan in a pit, were obliged to let him out again to bring on the sequel of the fable. He is then introduced into the garden of Eden in the shape of a snake, or a serpent, and in that shape he enters into familiar conversation with Eve, who is
no ways surprised to hear a snake talk; and the issue of this tête-à-tête is, that he persuades her to eat an apple, and the eating of that apple damns all mankind.

Having thus made an insurrection and a battle in heaven, in which none of the combatants could be either killed or wounded —put Satan into the pit—let him out again—given him a triumph over the whole creation—damned all mankind by the eating of an apple, there Christian mythologists bring the two ends of their fable together.

But granting the grammatical right, that Moses might speak of himself in the third person, because any man might speak of himself in that manner, it cannot be admitted as a fact in those books, that it is Moses who speaks, without rendering Moses truly ridiculous and absurd:-—for example, Numbers xii. 3: "Now the man Moses was very Meek, above all the men which were on the face of the earth." If Moses said this of himself, instead of being the meekest of men, he was one of the most vain and arrogant coxcombs; and the advocates for those books may now take which side they please, for both sides are against them: if Moses was not the author, the books are without authority; and if he was the author, the author is without credit, because to boast of meekness is the reverse of meekness, and is a lie in sentiment.

It is an easy thing to tell a lie, but it is difficult to support the lie after it is told. The writer of the book of Matthew should have told us who the saints were that came to life again, and went into the city, and what became of them afterwards, and who it was that saw them; for he is not hardy enough to say that he saw them himself;- whether they came out naked, and all in natural buff, he-saints and she-saints, or whether they came full dressed, and where they got their dresses; whether they went to their former habitations, and reclaimed their wives, their husbands, and their property, and how they were received; whether they entered ejectments for the recovery of their possessions, or brought actions of crim. con. against the rival interlopers; whether they remained on earth, and followed their former occupation of preaching or working; or whether they died again, or went back to their graves alive, and buried themselves.

Compare this to "lol sky wizard".

William Bear fucked around with this message at 19:11 on Oct 26, 2023

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Henry Lee Mucus posted:

What if god smoked cannabis?

N. Senada
May 17, 2011

My kidneys are busted

William Bear posted:

I don't think any critic of religion will ever be as consistently entertaining as Thomas Paine. All quotes from The Age of Reason (written from 1794-1807).

What’s his YouTube channel?

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

What if god slobbed on my knob?

N. Senada
May 17, 2011

My kidneys are busted

The X-man cometh posted:

Hating Muslims never went away OP

People gotta stop conflating adherents with the religion

You can hate imams, priests, rabbis, popes, spiritual leaders, apologists, etc

You should only hate followers if they’re pieces of poo poo

Like I don’t hate Christians, but I hate every youth pastor

Treecko
Apr 23, 2008

The Official Demon Girl
Boss of 2022!
Bad Religion is good, naysayers

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

N. Senada posted:

People gotta stop conflating adherents with the religion

You can hate imams, priests, rabbis, popes, spiritual leaders, apologists, etc

You should only hate followers if they’re pieces of poo poo

Like I don’t hate Christians, but I hate every youth pastor

i wish i could meet some of these people because everyone i know who is a person of faith is also a stupid right wing piece of poo poo lol

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

Haptical Sales Slut posted:

What if God was ugly, like some balding skinny bowler lol

The Bible does say he was made in your image

Devils Affricate
Jan 22, 2010

William Bear posted:

I mean, when the same argument has been presented eloquently and comprehensively countless times already and people still aren't getting it, there isn't much point in going to the effort all over again.

Larry Cum Free
Jun 3, 2022

move it or lose it dillweed

William Bear posted:

Last time I made fun of a sky wizard, they shot a fireball at me! I dove out of the way but I still took half frickin damage :mad:

Henry Lee Mucus
Dec 11, 2003

redshirt posted:

What if god smoked cannabis?

Satan’s in the choom gang :420:

Spinz
Jan 7, 2020

I ordered luscious new gemstones from India and made new earrings for my SA mart thread

Remember my earrings and art are much better than my posting

New stuff starts towards end of page 3 of the thread
Good I never stopped

I got probed a couple years ago in pyf for saying religion is dumb and was shocked

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

N. Senada
May 17, 2011

My kidneys are busted

Ehud posted:

i wish i could meet some of these people because everyone i know who is a person of faith is also a stupid right wing piece of poo poo lol

I can think of exactly one guy I know who is devout and cool