Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zedhe Khoja
Nov 10, 2017

sürgünden selamlar
yıkıcılar ulusuna
look for khash/xas or something similar, but honestly I don't see most expat places having it because yeah kinda labor intensive, and also because americans would only eat that kinda stuff if its been vaporized and congealed into a pink slime that they pretend is sausage, so not enough demand to justify making it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hatebag
Jun 17, 2008

Weka posted:

The unofficial burgerposting thread: something offal

Lol American food sounds like it's just the worst in every possible way.

hotdogs and cheap processed meats are made that way everywhere. they take all the scraps and plop em in a tube with salt. hell, even 'O pere e 'o musso supposedly started out as nobles throwing away old scraps of meat before evolving into the soaking wet lemon cart we all know and love

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022

Weka posted:

something offal

biceps crimes
Apr 12, 2008

ComradePeach posted:

Shameful this wasnt on page 1

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

Ohtori Akio posted:

the wops are truly beyond redemption

The Voice of Labor
Apr 8, 2020

Ohtori Akio posted:

the whoppers are truly beyond redemption

The Voice of Labor
Apr 8, 2020

president cheese burger: hey baby hitler, what do you call a mass of oppressed people who refuse to be broken?

baby hitler: I don't know, what do you call a mass of oppressed people who refuse to be broken?

president cheese burger: I don't know either, I'm dumb as hell, but there's one about to liberate your state!

Private Cumshoe
Feb 15, 2019

AAAAAAAGAGHAAHGGAH
If you're too old to otherwise join the military are you too old to be drafted or how does that work?

Bro Dad
Mar 26, 2010

https://imgur.com/GB3mVwf.mp4

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

Say what you want about me but never disparage the lovely whopper

Pentecoastal Elites
Feb 27, 2007

the ice cream looks kind of mid but the music fuckin slaps

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

Pentecoastal Elites
Feb 27, 2007

thats me

The Voice of Labor
Apr 8, 2020

my fellow burger people, I don't want to alarm any of you but I have just been informed by president burger himself that there is a traitor in our midst. keep your eyes open and your fat mouths shut, the traitor could be anyone. it could even be you

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

is a juicy lucy technically a double cheeseburger

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:
excuse me?

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

however big you're gonna make your burger, weigh it out and make two half-size burgers with it, make a shallow well in each of them and put some lovely, super-melty cheese like Velveeta in there, then put the two pieces back together and seal the cheese inside the burger(s?)

Weka
May 5, 2019

That child totally had it coming. Nobody should be able to be out at dusk except cars.

Hatebag posted:

hotdogs and cheap processed meats are made that way everywhere. they take all the scraps and plop em in a tube with salt. hell, even 'O pere e 'o musso supposedly started out as nobles throwing away old scraps of meat before evolving into the soaking wet lemon cart we all know and love

Where I live we have standards that get enforced. Sausages, including hotdogs, have to be >50% actual meat and any offal content must be labeled. I have never seen a sausage of any kind labeled as containing offal.

Food Standards Australia New Zealand posted:

Standard 2.2.1 Meat and meat products

meat flesh means meat that consists of skeletal muscle and any attached: animal rind; or fat; or connective tissue; or nerve; or blood; or blood vessels;
A food that is sold as sausage must be sausage and: (a) contain no less than 500 g/kg of fat free meat flesh;
For the labelling provisions: (a) brain, heart, kidney, liver, tongue or tripe must be identified as: (i) offal; or (ii) by the specific name of the type of offal; and (b) any other type of offal must be identified by the specific name of the type of offal.

Weka
May 5, 2019

That child totally had it coming. Nobody should be able to be out at dusk except cars.

Yeah, the hamburger about to be eaten by the man of steel (ghost of stalin)

The Voice of Labor
Apr 8, 2020

this inflation is really putting the crunch on my illusion of choice via consumerism

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

Burgerca gently caress yeah

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

Hot dogs rule, not making hot dogs is a waste imo

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

Lib and let die posted:

Hot dogs rule, not making hot dogs is a waste imo

we think the native americans noble for using every part of the buffalo, but are somehow disgusted by meat companies finding a way to use every part of the chicken, pig, and cow??

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

Yep, some animal died for you, you best repsect the sacrifice

mags
May 30, 2008

I am a congenital optimist.
you really do gotta hand it to meat capitalism

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

mags posted:

was literally just reading a passage from Prof Wolff about Trump forcing meat packing workers back to work lmao

Hatebag
Jun 17, 2008

Weka posted:

Where I live we have standards that get enforced. Sausages, including hotdogs, have to be >50% actual meat and any offal content must be labeled. I have never seen a sausage of any kind labeled as containing offal.

even your standard there defines meat to include connective tissues, blood vessels, and nerves. usa hotdogs only have to be 15% meat though lol. offal is also supposed to be labeled on any hotdogs and they can contain up to 30% fat, 10% water, 2.5% soy isolate. if they have chemical binders they have to be called "frankfurters". any organ meat must be shown on the label as well and the ingredients are listed by percent mass. a usda inspector has to approve of the ingredient mix as well.
realistically the pressure washed skull interior slurry is not intended to go into human food even in america. that's probably going to end up as pet food. and bones are more valuable processed into glue, fertilizer, buttons, etc.
however i found this fun video about a mechanically separated meat machine (mechanically separated meat must be listed as such on ingredients):

warning: ground meat
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w2sndz9tNlw

Pulcinella
Feb 15, 2019
Probation
Can't post for 28 days!

mags posted:

The unofficial burgerposting thread: From the river to the sea, let your waistline be free!

Hatebag
Jun 17, 2008

ok, also plopping this automatic crab butchering machine vid in here because of the contrast of the horrific industrial degutting machine with midi surf music.
warning: potentially upsetting!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jl7U-f7e7Fw

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

digital style

Ohtori Akio
Jul 15, 2022
put lobster shirt in the doohickey

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro

Pentecoastal Elites posted:

the ice cream looks kind of mid but the music fuckin slaps

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

im not gonna watch crabs getting destroyed by an uncaring machine.

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

whoever made that machine should be killed the same way

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000
Probation
Can't post for 47 hours!
Ultra Carp
If you eat crab it is only honorable to dispatch it yourself

mags
May 30, 2008

i respect crabs

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle
i have crabs

mags
May 30, 2008

I respect that

Ohtori Akio
Jul 15, 2022
imo its morally preferable to abstain from meat. nevertheless the face ripping machine is badass

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

if you eat meat you should kill it yourself. if you cannot, then don't