Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

TeenageArchipelago posted:

To be clear I'm not actually beating myself up too much about watching cooking videos because I'm bored, but at the same time it's pretty burger brained of me to respond to a crisis that is in part defined by the mass deprivation of basic needs to millions of people by watching regional cooking videos
there may or may not be a time in the future, if things go terribly awry, that the only remembrance and passing of their culture is basically through youtube videos and footnotes in history books. although unlikely, that's actually really tragic to consider

while it's good to have some introspective and understanding of your own mind and humble place in the world, basically this:

Ohtori Akio posted:

i think its valid to hold in your heart what is valuable and beautiful about the palestinian people and culture, at this dark hour.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry

Ytlaya posted:

My biggest Weird Food Thing that has stuck around from childhood is that I really hate burgers. Even the best ones I've had make me have to suppress a gag reflex. A couple months ago I was eating a burger at my friend's place and was putting in a great effort to clear my mind while doing so. I remember telling myself "it is just a food like any other, just keep swallowing, it will be over soon."

I have no idea why this is. I think something about the texture of meat patties.
that's really weird. i don't think i've ever heard of that one. burgers are delicious. what about impossible burger?

but human bodies are loving weird and irrational. i can be a garbage disposal; however, shellfish does that for me

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry

Hatebag posted:

that can't do anything against an 8 lb burrito with like 8 big rear end jalapeños in it. no, man was not intended to ascend such peaks. nor descend to such nadirs
*eowne voice* no man, but i am no man. skill issue

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry
squished burger at the end still is more appetizing than any plinkey food pictures

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry

Hatebag posted:

well, water is the cheapest polar solvent and many chemical reactions are easier to control using water than any other readily available means.
though the biggest water demands are typically power generation and agriculture in the usa
hydroelectric really doesn't count because it's not consumed or contaminated. it's impounded by a dam and released through penstocks to the turbines into a natural river channel. often times they'll have sluice gates releasing water non-hydro just to keep water levels within a certain threshold.