Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zedhe Khoja
Nov 10, 2017

sürgünden selamlar
yıkıcılar ulusuna

Hatebag posted:

tripe doesn't really have much flavor either.
now this poo poo, Kokoretsi I really wanna try:

it basically looks like a big piece of poo poo, but it gets worse:
Kokoretsi or kokoreç is a dish of the Balkans and Anatolia, consisting of lamb or goat intestines wrapped around seasoned offal, including sweetbreads, hearts, lungs, or kidneys, and typically grilled;

i want it

Kokorec is, in fact, good

but the stands always give you an absolute massive bread loaf to eat it in. think like 2-3 times the size of the thiccist hoagie loaf you've ever had. so I usually only get it when it's paired with a durum place and I can get them to put it in a wrap, or if it's not busy I'll tip em well to carve some of the bread off (and pay to double the filling since it's already ultracheap). there was a place that would put it in asian style steamed buns but they shut down :rip:

if your in the former ottoman cuisine zone also look into kelle-paca (literally head-foot) soup. ultra cheap source of pure protein.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zedhe Khoja
Nov 10, 2017

sürgünden selamlar
yıkıcılar ulusuna
look for khash/xas or something similar, but honestly I don't see most expat places having it because yeah kinda labor intensive, and also because americans would only eat that kinda stuff if its been vaporized and congealed into a pink slime that they pretend is sausage, so not enough demand to justify making it.