Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

is this the mx “master” you mf talking about

has sagebrush weighed in yet? now that’s a mf whose mouspinions are worth their weight in gold

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

𝓪 𝓻𝓮𝓭 𝓹𝓪𝓷𝓭𝓪 𝓲𝓼 𝓪 𝓬𝓾𝓻𝓲𝓸𝓾𝓼 𝓼𝓸𝓻𝓽 𝓸𝓯 𝓬𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓽𝓾𝓻𝓮
I need a mouse with extra buttons

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

echinopsis posted:

is this the mx “master” you mf talking about

has sagebrush weighed in yet? now that’s a mf whose mouspinions are worth their weight in gold

ya it’s a good mouse op

Best Bi Geek Squid
Mar 25, 2016
just get me a $30 Logitech (wired, natch) with a couple of thumb buttons and I’m all set. yospos, bitch

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
every other poster in this thread, decimated by your cost effective mouse

well-read undead
Dec 13, 2022

echi what’s your mouse use case? cause if you’re not gaming, any not-$5-on-amazon mouse will probably be fine, and possibly even some of those if you get real lucky

if games, then it also depends what kinds of games

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
I don’t game much but I do have a passion for enjoying using my computer to construct the shittiest posts the world has ever seen

well-read undead
Dec 13, 2022

you don’t need a mouse, learn keyboard shortcuts, end thread

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
I also blender where the gently caress have you been

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
sometimes I edit the photos and also I start a lot of projects in unreal engine

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
!!!!!!

Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.

Agile Vector posted:

I know exactly what you mean. my cordless optical trackman was just rounder and just longer and my hand could sit a bit more vertical to prevent wrist turning. I was so bummed when it developed double-click-itis

if it wasn't for the terrible wireless Logitech dongle (and, of course, one used by none of their other products) it would be fine. why a wireless trackball but not Bluetooth is still the dumbest choice for an otherwise fine mouse

maybe I should fix it… if I put the receiver right next to it and change batteries regularly it could be okay… maybe

hell yeah, if the double clicking is just a matter of the microswitch starting to wear out and bounce, throw some new switches in it and revive it.

ive been using the same razer diamondback 3g for idk, 15+ years? because it has the right shape for my claw grip, and the switches went to hell probably 5 years ago. threw some new omrons in there and now it's tighter and stiffer than ever. the scroll wheel is getting a little sloppy, but it's not bad enough to crack it back open.

oddly, they made an all white version of this mouse, supposedly to fit in with the mac crowd but i like it cause it doesn't look all gamer-y. i ended up getting one in a lot of other computer junk i got from a guy, so i replaced all the switches in it too and now it's my work mouse. well, wfh. i have a kensington expert at the office. it also could use some angle to it, but it's not too bad.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

echinopsis posted:

any suggestions that don’t make it look like you live on cans of monster
lol

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

just get an mx master echi, they’re good

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
I did it I got the mx master s3

the side scroll wheel will take a bit of getting used to, it's in a position that isn't immediately intuitive

the scroll wheel is extremely sick however, on ratchet mode, but also, spins freely with enough momentum? that owns

does anyone use the gestures button? it feels very awkward

one thing that is extremely bogus on any mouse, is any button push or scroll that invalidates the integrity of where the mouse pointer is. I need to build some core arm strength and dexterity to avoid this

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
maybe it's just a case of getting used to it, but the glorious model O wireless of my sons is still a bit nicer to use as a mouse

both of them are running right now and his is much smoother as far as the input onto the screen.

the polling rate of the mx is 125hz and the glorious model O is 1000hz and ya can kind of tell. the model O is significantly lighter

tbf we're talking about an office mouse vs a gaming mouse I realise

and I am going to have to get used to pressing harder for the middle click. once again we can't have button presses damaging the integrity of the cursor location

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

echinopsis posted:

the model O is significantly lighter

141g for the mx master and 69*g for the model O

* hahaha nice

e: the end result of this is that the model O when it comes to trying to move a couple pixels is a bit superior, the threshold energy to get the model O is very minimal whereas it feels like you've gotta put a bit of energy into the mx master before it starts moving and then it's easy and this is a delicate scenario my snowlake being can barely deal

ultimately I just need to use this one enough so that it's normal

echinopsis fucked around with this message at 02:48 on Nov 21, 2023

well-read undead
Dec 13, 2022

echinopsis posted:

141g for the mx master and 69*g for the model O

the logitech g pro wireless superlight is 63g :smug:

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
:chanpop:

shitface
Nov 23, 2006

echinopsis posted:

my instinct with it was to squeeze it by contracting the thumb. you actually need to push your thumb down

also, as cancerous as it is, install Logi options+. you can whack the dpi of this thing up to 8000, though I leave mine at 1000

dumb.
Apr 11, 2014

-=💀=-
I'm still using an antique Logitech G9x

No better mouse has ever been made.

I don't know what I'll do when this one dies, probably just stop using computers entirely.

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

echinopsis posted:

only by accident so I disabled it

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

echinopsis posted:

yeah it does this

...................../´¯¯/)
...................,/¯.../
.................../..../
.............../´¯/'..'/´¯¯`·¸
.........../'/.../..../....../¨¯\
..........('(....´...´... ¯~/'..')
...........\..............'...../
............\....\.........._.·´
.............\..............(
..............\..............\

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
:supaburn:

git apologist
Jun 4, 2003

qirex posted:

only by accident so I disabled it

same

i don’t use the side wheel either

Radio Paranoia
Jun 27, 2010

It is now safe to turn off your computer.

that's the good stuff

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
I am growing underwhelmed with this logi mx maste 3

like, I am getting used to it, but whenever I go back and use my sons gaming mouse I am reminded how much I love that mf.

I might have to take a dive and just get into one of those. the BIGEETS downside is that the battery life is truly poo poo. like a day or two tops. the cord his came with is very flex, fabric braided, and doesn't get in the way, could prolly be used all the time

I think the issue with this mx master for me is the minimum amount of energy required to start moving it is significantly more than to keep moving it. this has a term and I am sure sagebrush knows it (static friction vs kinetic friction), regardless this means that it's challenging to do very small movements

also the middle mouse button on this requires a bit more care to not scroll the wheel

all in all I don't want to baby sit my mouse

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

classic case of pineapple derangement syndrome
i am having Mouse Pain so i got a logi g903 and ima try to use it left handed

Bluemillion
Aug 18, 2008

I got your dispensers
right here
Once you get used to the MX vertical there's no more mouse pain, ever. It's a solved problem. Horizontal mice are legit torture devices and should be loving illegal at this point.

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

i have a vertical mouse and its good but not ambi. I dont agree that vertical mice are a complete solution to mouse pain.

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

the complete solution is to throw your computer out the window

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

Silver Alicorn posted:

the complete solution is to throw your computer out the window

one might even call that a final solution to your computer problems

Branch Nvidian
Nov 29, 2012

I use a logi mx master 3 at work and it’s fine, and the battery lasts for months at a time

at home I use a razer naga v2 and it’s good on windows. scrolling kinda sucks on macos with it though

git apologist
Jun 4, 2003

echinopsis posted:

I am growing underwhelmed with this logi mx maste 3

like, I am getting used to it, but whenever I go back and use my sons gaming mouse I am reminded how much I love that mf.

I might have to take a dive and just get into one of those. the BIGEETS downside is that the battery life is truly poo poo. like a day or two tops. the cord his came with is very flex, fabric braided, and doesn't get in the way, could prolly be used all the time

I think the issue with this mx master for me is the minimum amount of energy required to start moving it is significantly more than to keep moving it. this has a term and I am sure sagebrush knows it (static friction vs kinetic friction), regardless this means that it's challenging to do very small movements

also the middle mouse button on this requires a bit more care to not scroll the wheel

all in all I don't want to baby sit my mouse

give it to me

JAnon
Jul 16, 2023

my mouse has a slightly-dusty scroll wheel and it's jittery as poo poo

edit: yes I have taken it apart and cleaned it, THANK YOU VERY MUCH

JAnon fucked around with this message at 15:25 on Feb 25, 2024

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

my mouse jitters sometimes and it's really annoying, but a wireless replacement with as many buttons costs a lot :(