Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

Gleichheit soll gedeihen

gently caress SNEEP posted:

bring back the kingdome and the alaskan way viaduct

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rabble rabble
Mar 24, 2015

Nap Ghost
powers out, what the hell, thanks SAWANT

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

The dialectical struggle of history has always, essentially, been a question of how to apply justice to matter. Take away matter and what remains is justice.
My power is still on, sounds like someone just got outed as a kulack

lumpentroll
Mar 4, 2020

AnimeIsTrash posted:

id throw this in hte trash and try harder next time

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT
the Kingdome ruled, fifteen different names field sucks

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

I LITERALLY SLEEP IN A RACING CAR. DO YOU?
p.s. ask me about my subscription mattress
Ultra Carp

Animal-Mother posted:

the Kingdome ruled, fifteen different names field sucks

:hai:

cat botherer
Jan 6, 2022

I am interested in most phases of data processing.
The king dome was heated and air conditioned. And somehow you could play both football and baseball in it, which apparently can’t be done anymore so we need two almost identical stadiums instead.

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001

lol that no one in Seattle even realizes Climate Pledge is just Amazon

FUCK SNEEP
Apr 21, 2007

kraken is an awful and embarrassing name for a hockey team much like "climate pledge arena"

some how managed to be worse than Seattle Sounders but at least that has something to do with the area!

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?
Kraken is a nod to a local park actually

https://www.seattle.gov/parks/allparks/bhy-kracke-park

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

The dialectical struggle of history has always, essentially, been a question of how to apply justice to matter. Take away matter and what remains is justice.
Seattle Sounding

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

gently caress SNEEP posted:

kraken is an awful and embarrassing name for a hockey team much like "climate pledge arena"

some how managed to be worse than Seattle Sounders but at least that has something to do with the area!
The Kraken Regiment (Ukrainian: Спецпідрозділ «Kraken», romanized: Spetspidrozdil «Kraken») is a Ukrainian military volunteer unit, part of the spetsnaz units of the Main Directorate of Intelligence of Ukraine (HUR)[1] formed in 2022 as a response to the Russian invasion of Ukraine.

Named after the mythical sea creature, the regiment was formed by veterans of the Azov Regiment and has successfully liberated several occupied villages during the fighting, later also taking part in counter offensives and sabotage operations, becoming one of the more high-profile volunteer units in the war.

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

Gleichheit soll gedeihen

mawarannahr posted:

The Kraken Regiment (Ukrainian: Спецпідрозділ «Kraken», romanized: Spetspidrozdil «Kraken») is a Ukrainian military volunteer unit, part of the spetsnaz units of the Main Directorate of Intelligence of Ukraine (HUR)[1] formed in 2022 as a response to the Russian invasion of Ukraine.

Named after the mythical sea creature, the regiment was formed by veterans of the Azov Regiment and has successfully liberated several occupied villages during the fighting, later also taking part in counter offensives and sabotage operations, becoming one of the more high-profile volunteer units in the war.

they actually named it after the soccer team

FUCK SNEEP
Apr 21, 2007

Oh I know the place. Bhy Kracke for life!!

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

my DEI team is drafting language around Palestine and hoo boy it's gonna be a shitshow, but at least most of the team is on the correct side

Best Friends
Nov 4, 2011

tokin opposition posted:

my DEI team is drafting language around Palestine and hoo boy it's gonna be a shitshow, but at least most of the team is on the correct side

empathy for the Jewish Israeli experience while also being mindful of Palestinian bodies in places

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

Best Friends posted:

empathy for the Jewish Israeli experience while also being mindful of Palestinian bodies in places

I’m not asking you to put an Israeli flag in your window. I wouldn’t ask you to fly an American flag if you disagree with what the government is doing. But I see your rainbow flags and signs reading, “Black Lives Matter,” “I support my Muslim neighbors” (as do I by the way), “In this house we believe …” I feel heartened by the support for oppressed people and for justice. I also feel afraid. Could you maybe see your way to putting a simple Jewish star next to your Free Palestine flag? That way I’ll know you’re not OK with me and my family, my people, being decimated.

The author is a clinical psychologist, artist, writer and public speaker living on Vashon Island.

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

Gleichheit soll gedeihen
lol vashon

studio mujahideen
May 3, 2005

end the occupation

bring the supersonics home from okc

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.
read this as seattle supersonics politics for a sec and get excited before the letdown

War and Pieces
Apr 24, 2022

DID NOT VOTE FOR FETTERMAN

Second Hand Meat Mouth posted:

didn't seattle invent those bikini coffee stands? I assumed that was just an american thing but when I spoke to some out of town friends they didn't know what I was smoking

There are one or two outside of UAW plants in Michigan

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001

lmfao

Undercover police officers in Snohomish County, Washington, witnessed some baristas performing additional services for extra money, including letting customers touch them, photograph them, or watch them lick whipped cream off each other. These statements were retracted by the police department in Everett, Washington, as the undercover police officer was a known customer and offered money to the barista. The Everett police department was accused of entrapment.

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT
Always classy behavior in Everett.

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?
what about sex work isn't classy to you.

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001

cops are never classy

LiterallyATomato
Mar 17, 2009

cops are never classy

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

Gleichheit soll gedeihen
lol snohomish

111213_5
Nov 13, 2023
:bravo:

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

gently caress off number guy

111323_3
Nov 13, 2023
enjoying the $1.36/minute posting experience OP?

Ohtori Akio
Jul 15, 2022
so how did the election go

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

more like erection because we all got hosed (idk i'm not a nerd)

Ohtori Akio
Jul 15, 2022
you bottom for the democratic party and you like it

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

reported for being sex negative, v. problematic

Delta-Wye
Sep 29, 2005

lmfao

Undercover police officers in Snohomish County, Washington, witnessed some baristas performing additional services for extra money, including letting customers touch them, photograph them, or watch them lick whipped cream off each other. These statements were retracted by the police department in Everett, Washington, as the undercover police officer was a known customer and offered money to the barista. The Everett police department was accused of entrapment.
lmao

Although O’Neill made numerous visits to the Java Juggs stands, on duty and in his uniform, “in our review of the surveillance footage thus far, not once have we witnessed (the sergeant) purchasing coffee at the stands or giving the baristas any money,” the search warrant affidavit said.

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001

Delta-Wye posted:

lmao

Although O’Neill made numerous visits to the Java Juggs stands, on duty and in his uniform, “in our review of the surveillance footage thus far, not once have we witnessed (the sergeant) purchasing coffee at the stands or giving the baristas any money,” the search warrant affidavit said.

lock him up for theft

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

lock him up for theft

when i worked as a housekeeper we weren't allowed to take tips* or drinks* because of "anti-bribery laws" so nail the fucker for that

* we did anyway, but my boss smoked weed by the dumpsters while we were all getting drunk and eating leftover food the caterers would bring over so it did not matter

HonorableTB
Dec 22, 2006

great you summoned the lich

e:

biceps crimes
Apr 12, 2008

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

Gleichheit soll gedeihen