Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ohtori Akio
Jul 15, 2022
this thread owns actually......

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001

just like seattle...

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

Gleichheit soll gedeihen
idk where the feedback thread went but for real we need to get rid of vox

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001

seattle is everything between the columbia river to the salish sea

FirstnameLastname
Jul 10, 2022

got me 50 ounces out a bird in this bitch

Second Hand Meat Mouth posted:

FirstnameLastname
Jul 10, 2022

got me 50 ounces out a bird in this bitch
eyp

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001

Cuttlefush posted:

yeah and vox nihili too

Ohtori Akio
Jul 15, 2022

yeah and vox nihili too

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

Gleichheit soll gedeihen
yeah they all need to go

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

Gleichheit soll gedeihen
sick of their dumb poo poo

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

The dialectical struggle of history has always, essentially, been a question of how to apply justice to matter. Take away matter and what remains is justice.

post this in the lan thread or ur hetero

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001

tokin opposition posted:

post this in the lan thread or ur hetero

k

TheSlutPit
Dec 26, 2009

Not seattle exactly but i was at powells down in pdx last week and they had a big set of antique 1900s settler history texts called "From The Dalles to the Sea" and it made me laugh grimly

Ohtori Akio
Jul 15, 2022

TheSlutPit posted:

Not seattle exactly but i was at powells down in pdx last week and they had a big set of antique 1900s settler history texts called "From The Dalles to the Sea" and it made me laugh grimly

lmfao

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

Cuttlefush posted:

thats great but this is the seattle politics thread op

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

Gleichheit soll gedeihen
*seattle guy voice* i ride the ferry

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

Gleichheit soll gedeihen
ill use my orca card

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

The dialectical struggle of history has always, essentially, been a question of how to apply justice to matter. Take away matter and what remains is justice.
*seattle tech guy voice* can't wait to drive to lower queen anne in my tesla, might be a little dangerous

The Oldest Man
Jul 28, 2003

Rob Saka, the perfect embodiment of Seattle politics

quote:

City Councilmember-elect Rob Saka, a former Meta attorney who will represent West Seattle’s District 1 starting next year, sent a series of increasingly heated emails to Seattle Department of Transportation employees during 2021 and 2022 seeking the removal of a road divider that SDOT installed in front of his kids’ preschool. The divider was part of the RapidRide H project connecting Burien, White Center, and West Seattle to downtown.

The curb-like divider is a variation on a common traffic calming device known as a hardened centerline. The curb, which replaced a double yellow line, physically prevents northbound drivers from making an illegal left turn to access homes and businesses on the west side of the street, including a bilingual preschool called the Refugee and Immigrant Family Center. According to an April 2022 South Seattle Emerald story about the dispute, Saka’s two children attended the preschool as of last year.

In the email thread (reproduced in part here), which PubliCola obtained through a records request, Saka compared the mid-block traffic barrier to Trump’s border wall and said it was “triggering” and “severely traumatizing” to immigrants who “have faced significant trauma during their perilous journeys, including by navigating divisive structures and barriers designed to exclude lives in the US.”

https://ericacbarnett.substack.com/p/councilmember-elect-rob-saka-compared

palindrome
Feb 3, 2020

that is some impressive special snowflake triggering, no doubt. how dare you impinge my inability to turn left. it is severely traumatizing for my people.

mostly I'm surprised that there is somewhere in the country that is willing to build actual traffic barrier infrastructure. I think I heard it on "well there's your problem" podcast that cement curbs and bollards are lost techniques and it rings sort of true. around me I see gentle driving reminders that are often ignored.

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001

palindrome posted:

that is some impressive special snowflake triggering, no doubt. how dare you impinge my inability to turn left. it is severely traumatizing for my people.

mostly I'm surprised that there is somewhere in the country that is willing to build actual traffic barrier infrastructure. I think I heard it on "well there's your problem" podcast that cement curbs and bollards are lost techniques and it rings sort of true. around me I see gentle driving reminders that are often ignored.

I live by a school and there were a row of those installed preceding a turn lane and within a week they were all flattened by drivers and then promptly removed entirely

The Oldest Man
Jul 28, 2003

Stopping a two ton death machine? Plastic whiffle bat

Stopping a person from staying warm in sub freezing temperatures?
Ecoblocks

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT

Cuttlefush posted:

*seattle guy voice*

Complete silence unless you're in the same tech bro Discord?

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?

god drat this guy sounds like the most annoying loving loser on the planet. I hate these parents at school.

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

Keep using the whiffle bats but 1 in 5 are made of concrete and/or lime green glitter paint balloons

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

the ice cream fundraiser for Palestinian children has run out of vegan ice cream

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

That explains why my rent's gone up.

Pooky
Aug 29, 2004

I post fox news so u don't have to 💋
Anyone get their Chicken and Tuna Price Fixing Settlement?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

vegans are FUMING