Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

kaom
Jan 20, 2007

I think I need to go with a custom goal again this year. :sigh: I am finally unstuck with a new outline for major revisions on my novel and I should strike while the iron is hot instead of starting another project. That said, I’m excited for it either way! :toot:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kaom
Jan 20, 2007

Worked on edits in chapter 2 of my existing project yesterday. Net: +451 words.

Hoping to spend at least another hour editing today and get into chapter 3. I don’t really know how to measure words here since I’ll need to write new stuff but also hope to drop the manuscript’s overall word count by ~25%. Guess we’ll see!

I’m pumped to see everyone’s progress, big or small! :toot: Keep going!

kaom
Jan 20, 2007

Spent Friday and Saturday sick, didn’t get much done. Back on the editing train today, I’ve spent ~3 hours and have 2,100 acceptable words. I didn’t track how many I started with outside chapter totals, so I’ll post a tally when I hit the end of chapter 3 (two scenes remain).

kaom
Jan 20, 2007

Okay, this has been very slow going but after two good focus nights I am through chapter 3 edits so let’s check in on how my “cut 25%” goal is shaking out.

Chapter 1: was 4,310, now 2,948
Chapter 2: was 6,389, now 4,182
Chapter 3: was 6,069, now 4,555

Phew! Next chapter I have to insert some new conversation topics while removing the boring ones, so I expect that to be slow too. At least it’s not a behemoth needing major cuts though - I’m probably done removing entire scenes for a few chapters.

kaom
Jan 20, 2007

I decided there’s a character relationship problem in my story opening now that I’ve chopped up and rearranged things so much, so, still fixing the same chapters as before. I’m convinced it’s needed and worthwhile though. I just have to stop doing so many line level edits if I don’t want this to take a lifetime.

Ither posted:

November is halfway over, and I've only written 477 words.

I actually thought I could do it this year :sigh:

Set a new goal! :3: You could try one based on time spent writing, rather than word count?