Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

a friendly penguin
Feb 1, 2007

trolling for fish

I'll either be looking to write 50k new words or edit 100k words or both! So let's just say I'm in.

But of course I'm always here for support. Go, writers, go!

Now, do I actually learn Scrivener before starting the project...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a friendly penguin
Feb 1, 2007

trolling for fish

kaom posted:

I think I need to go with a custom goal again this year. :sigh: I am finally unstuck with a new outline for major revisions on my novel and I should strike while the iron is hot instead of starting another project. That said, I’m excited for it either way! :toot:

Staggy posted:

:toot:

I'll be looking to add 50k words to an ongoing fantasy project this year. Typically I get about two-thirds of the way through a first draft pretty smoothly and then stall out for several months. My hope is that by starting the month with the first ~25% written, NaNoWriMo will give me the momentum to carry on through to the end.

And I hope you both know that I am here and ready to read both of these when they are ready for other eyes!

a friendly penguin
Feb 1, 2007

trolling for fish

Everyone here is doing marvelously! Keep up the words and keep checking in. I want to hear how you're doing.

Day one got me ~1800 words of new work and 2 chapters of editing done.

Day two has another ~1800 words. Let's see if I can keep the edit motivation going too.

Last time I NaNo'd I was putting up 3-4k words in these early days and I finished by the 20th. So 1800 makes me feel behind. But every year is different. Do what you can when you can and don't sweat the deadline. It's never a failure to write and have written.

a friendly penguin
Feb 1, 2007

trolling for fish

Chernobyl Princess posted:

I wanted to get an early start, but my toddler woke up at 3am having removed her diaper and was waving it around and yelling. And my elder kid is in gymnastics this morning, so that means writing by hand.

Fountain pens make this part of process so much more fun tbh

Ooh, your notebook has numbered pages. That helps so much. When I did nano in a notebook I hand numbered. But I also didn't use fountain pens then. Hmmm. Must resist temptation.

a friendly penguin
Feb 1, 2007

trolling for fish

Chernobyl Princess posted:

Leuchtturm notebooks are, in fact, where it is at for writing with fountain pens in particular. The pages are nice and thick so even the really juicy ones don't bleed through. And the color is properly neutral for the shimmer inks to show off their glitter.

Give in to temptation, it's more fun!
:swoon: