Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

KariOhki
Apr 22, 2008
After spending the entire month of October doing a drawing a day, I think I'll switch gears and spend (most of) the entire month of November writing. Going back to the story I started in NaNo 2011, except actually writing the story this time instead of the prequel bits. Definitely won't hit 50k but any progress is progress. It's a fantasy story with the hook of "girl who can't die meets girl who kills for a living".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KariOhki
Apr 22, 2008
Had work and then was traveling yesterday so nothing written. Gonna make up some of that today during the 15 hour flight I have. Think I'll actually get the beginning scene written instead of picking some random spot.

KariOhki
Apr 22, 2008

The Sean posted:

Oh, word count update. 0 words. I'm fine with it. Just posting to make others feel better if they feel like they're not making enough progress. Gonna spend some time this weekend, myself.

It's appreciated since I haven't started either. To be fair I'm on vacation! But thought I’d write on the flight and instead took advantage of a fully empty row to sleep, and didn't have the energy last night to do anything.
Maybe another night or on the flights home! I've got all month to do what I can.

KariOhki
Apr 22, 2008
Finally starting. I had 2390 words before the month started, and tacked on 244 today for a total of 2,634, finishing off a scene I'd had already started that's at the end of the first arc of the story where one of the main characters is thrown into jail, doesn't understand what's going on other than "this is a bad thing", and meets her cellmate.

Tomorrow I'll go back to the beginning and actually get the first part down.

KariOhki
Apr 22, 2008
Day 9: 150
Total: 2,835

A still spring night.
Deep in a forest stood an old castle.

Not much done but it was the entirety of the intro scene at least.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KariOhki
Apr 22, 2008
Not really feeling anything I was writing basically made me give up for this year :eng99: It's something I'll keep poking at as I feel like it, at least.