Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

LiterallyATomato
Mar 17, 2009

Last tried in 2021 and made it to around 22,000. My personal best, but I'm really hoping to at least crack 25k this year.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LiterallyATomato
Mar 17, 2009

I was gonna try writing a serious story about a trans woman's realization that she'd let denial and self-hatred and toxic masculinity nearly destroy her.

Then I realized I am not a skilled enough or practiced enough writer to do justice to themes that heavy.

So I'm going to get stoned tonight and just try to brainstorm something ridiculous and farcical that would be fun to write and fun to read.

LiterallyATomato
Mar 17, 2009

Chernobyl Princess posted:

Yeah I dunno I post in thunderdome but I still wouldn't put the kind of raw unfiltered poo poo that comes outta my keyboard during Nano directly in the path of goons. But ymmv there's not a ton of reason why not!

Yes. If you do NaNo expecting others to see it, you'll slow down to make sure it's written "well."

Nano first drafts are not meant to be great.

LiterallyATomato
Mar 17, 2009

Bad start. 433. But it's a marathon, not a sprint.