Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chernobyl Princess
Jul 31, 2009

It has long been an axiom of mine that the little things are infinitely the most important.

:siren:thunderdome winner:siren:

I'm debating between continuing work on the sprawling urban fantasy disaster and taking a full break from that to work on a new neckbeardy swords & sorcery fantasy PoS.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chernobyl Princess
Jul 31, 2009

It has long been an axiom of mine that the little things are infinitely the most important.

You just write in whatever format you choose. I use Google docs, but scrivener is popular, as is regular old Word. Used to be there was a word counter you pasted your manuscript into on the last three days of nano, but I don't think that exists anymore

Chernobyl Princess
Jul 31, 2009

Decedent posted:

Yeah? I mean I just started writing and didn't hate it, I felt like I could keep it up too. lmk if you don't hate it too! Just don't hold it to a high standard as disclaimer, its no Star Trek erotic fanfic, but it seems to be writing itself for once. Maybe you try it too with the understanding people won't make fun of it later, and at worst/best nobody says anything. Or don't. If nothing else this will help me get every chore in the house completed if I take up avoiding it.

Yeah I dunno I post in thunderdome but I still wouldn't put the kind of raw unfiltered poo poo that comes outta my keyboard during Nano directly in the path of goons. But ymmv there's not a ton of reason why not!

Chernobyl Princess
Jul 31, 2009

I wanted to get an early start, but my toddler woke up at 3am having removed her diaper and was waving it around and yelling. And my elder kid is in gymnastics this morning, so that means writing by hand.

Fountain pens make this part of process so much more fun tbh

Chernobyl Princess
Jul 31, 2009

a friendly penguin posted:

Ooh, your notebook has numbered pages. That helps so much. When I did nano in a notebook I hand numbered. But I also didn't use fountain pens then. Hmmm. Must resist temptation.

Leuchtturm notebooks are, in fact, where it is at for writing with fountain pens in particular. The pages are nice and thick so even the really juicy ones don't bleed through. And the color is properly neutral for the shimmer inks to show off their glitter.

Give in to temptation, it's more fun!

Chernobyl Princess
Jul 31, 2009

Ending the day with 2,527 words written for a two day total of 4,304. I have a busy weekend, we'll see if I can keep it up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chernobyl Princess
Jul 31, 2009

I haven't written substantially since Monday, but I wrote a bit today. I think I've written myself into a cozy corner and just need to jump ahead to the action, because I'm boring myself.