Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GarbiTheGlitchress
May 14, 2012

Trains to lift up and protect her friends... and maybe to pick them up and carry them when they are tired :)
:toot:

Planning on doing this as well, hoping to get 50k words. Working on a Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door fic, set after the events of the original game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GarbiTheGlitchress
May 14, 2012

Trains to lift up and protect her friends... and maybe to pick them up and carry them when they are tired :)
Day one complete, up to 1,931 words here! Was hoping to do the reverse style where I write more on the first days, but these first few days of November will be more busy than usual, so not going to stress too much about getting much more than 1,667 words until things are less busy.

I'm primarily using Google Docs, which seems reliable, although I'm backing it up on Scrivener, just in case.

GarbiTheGlitchress fucked around with this message at 03:21 on Nov 2, 2023

GarbiTheGlitchress
May 14, 2012

Got up to 4037 words on day 2! Still considering whether I should write in third or first person; choosing first for now as this feels like a good opportunity to learn how to write in that style.

GarbiTheGlitchress
May 14, 2012

Day 3: 5722
Day 4: 7188

Woke up really early today(thanks DST), and got in more writing, and already up to 7956 today! Should have more free time now, so I'm going to try to write a bit over the daily average I need.

GarbiTheGlitchress
May 14, 2012

Gnossiennes posted:

i'm unemployed right now :unsmith:

:same:

Even when having only 4 hours of volunteering a day last week, it felt hard to get time in to write. I'd imagine it being extra challenging if I had a full time job and family responsibilities.

Day 5: 9338

Already got to 10161 today, and thought up a new character to drive conflict in the story, so feeling good about future writing!

GarbiTheGlitchress
May 14, 2012

Day 6: 2016

Total: 11354

Felt a bit tired when I started tonight, but I feel I got into a groove as I was writing!

GarbiTheGlitchress
May 14, 2012

Day 7: 1957
Total: 13321

Ended up working on 2 projects for my words today, as I got an idea for a story beat for one of my other fics.

GarbiTheGlitchress
May 14, 2012

Day 8: 2389
Total: 15700

Getting closer to the end of the outline of my story idea, so went and expanded on parts of my story. I got a lot of the words done in short spurts throughout the day.

GarbiTheGlitchress
May 14, 2012

Day 9: 2100
Day 10: 2217
Total: 20017

Broke the 20k mark today! My story will definitely need quite a bit of redrafting before I share it with others as well. A few scenes got out of order, and will probably need to scrap some parts, but happy with the ideas I'm coming up with generally.

GarbiTheGlitchress
May 14, 2012

Day 11: 1798
Total: 22106

Didn't write as long as some other days, but that's because I got a bit hooked in a visual novel and played it for much longer than I intended, lol. Writing went well though! Added some scenes that I really think add depth to the story.

Also started reading Vampire Sorority Sisters, as one of the scenes of the story deals with a character joining a sorority. From the bit I've read, can already tell my scene will be very different from that book.

GarbiTheGlitchress fucked around with this message at 05:25 on Nov 12, 2023

GarbiTheGlitchress
May 14, 2012

Day 12: 2439
Total: 24545

Super close to the halfway mark now! Got a little farther in the story, and expanded some scenes.

GarbiTheGlitchress
May 14, 2012

Day 13: 2134
Day 14: 1623 so far(have another session scheduled tonight)
Total: 28302

Gotta say, it's getting pretty surreal, seeing that I've written 59 pages in my Google Doc so far, and really makes me feel like I'm a writer. Getting close to the end of the plot of my fic, but still have a lot of parts I should expand, and could go deeper into what happens after the plot.

GarbiTheGlitchress
May 14, 2012

Ended Day 14 with 2283
Day 15: 2618
Total: 31580

Thought of a new part of my story as I was trying to go to sleep, lol. Super happy that I've been doing this, and am going to continue writing daily after November ends, even if I don't focus as much on hitting a word count. I've been finding writing and thinking of ideas has gotten a lot easier since the beginning of this month.

Bobby Deluxe posted:

I am in awe of anyone writing more than 2k words a day, I just want people to know that. You are cool and I am jealous.

Thanks! Some days it's harder than others, but having lots of free time has helped with finding the time to let words about my hyperfixation flow.

GarbiTheGlitchress
May 14, 2012

Day 16: 1837
Day 17: 2442
Total: 35859

Thought of a new scene early in the story, which also gave me an idea for a better way to write another part of the story later, so I rewrote that part, but kept the old version there as well for my word count.

GarbiTheGlitchress
May 14, 2012

Day 18: 1977
Day 19: 2215
Total: 40051

Ended up writing a pretty silly over-the-top dream sequence today. Close to the end of the plot of my story now, but still have a lot of parts I kind of just skimmed over, so can elaborate on those.

GarbiTheGlitchress
May 14, 2012

Day 20 - 1418
Day 21 - 1971
total: 43440

Been finding that it's been harder to find places to write new scenes in my current story, since I've exhausted most of the ideas in my head for it. Definitely going to be having to delete a few parts of it in editing. May try working more on another story if it continues being hard to add scenes. Still feeling confident that I'll make my 50k goal regardless.

GarbiTheGlitchress
May 14, 2012

Day 22: 1622
Day 23: 1724
Day 24: 1544
total: 48330

While the pace has been a bit slower than earlier, due to having less ideas, as well as being slightly distracted by steam sale games, I should be on track to finish tomorrow! I continued my work on another fic throughout the last few days, and been slowly adding to the initial one as well.

GarbiTheGlitchress fucked around with this message at 04:33 on Nov 25, 2023

GarbiTheGlitchress
May 14, 2012

Day 25: 1682

Total: 50012!

Met my goal today! Started working on a new fanfic, about Gitaroo Man. Think I'll still try to at least get 1000 words a day, but also work on editing more.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GarbiTheGlitchress
May 14, 2012

Enchanted Hat posted:

:toot: :toot: :toot: Just crossed 50,000! :toot: :toot: :toot:

Congrats! :toot: Thank you for making this thread as well! Doing this was a super awesome experience, and I think posting here helped me stick with it!