Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

E Depois do Adeus
Jun 3, 2012

Nobody has better respect for intelligence than Donald Trump.

This year is going to be more difficult because I won't be able to lean on 5 page sex scenes to hit my word count goals, but I'm optimistic.

My story this year is a twist on a police procedural that explores the link between paramilitary groups and the state, town vs gown dynamics, and production of ideological coherence in the early 2010s.

E Depois do Adeus fucked around with this message at 00:02 on Oct 31, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

E Depois do Adeus
Jun 3, 2012

Writing a more serious story is definitely harder than conspiracy erotica. Gonna start my day 2 sesh in a few minutes so we'll see how this murder scene discovery goes.

E Depois do Adeus
Jun 3, 2012

Around 26,500. The plot is hitting a lull. My MC has a new lead and has managed to get a sample of the mislabeled drug that's killing people, but he can't exploit either for a few hours. There's also the matter of one of his acquaintances being incommunicado, because he's dead from an OD. Finally, there's the friend who clearly is hiding something, but that's going to be resolved much later.

I'd like to write a scene that takes place in the university dining hall, because I like the idea of the bad guys discussing crime and then having to clear their trays. Maybe after that I'll have the MC revisit the original crime scene, and then find the OD'd guy while trying to get more information from him.

E Depois do Adeus
Jun 3, 2012

Day 19, 34,128 total words. My themes and motifs have fallen by the wayside. Only extraneous dialogue remains. Every sentence seems to start with a character's name. The guy who unintentionally got the gears going on a robbery and a murder got pointlessly beaten up at a bar thus internally absolving him of guilt. A drum circle and an extrajudicial murder are in the immediate future.

Ither posted:

November is halfway over, and I've only written 477 words.

I actually thought I could do it this year :sigh:

how about you write 477 words now? this post is 20 anyway, that'd put you almost at 500.

E Depois do Adeus
Jun 3, 2012

When planning the outline I forgot it was 3rd person limited POV so my climax is reduced to two paragraphs where the MC realizes what happened and has a minor breakdown. Now it's time to write the twin falling actions that actually inspired the book.

My laptop is out of battery but I think I'm a little shy of 43,000. Have a decent chance at finishing tomorrow

E Depois do Adeus
Jun 3, 2012

Finished with around 50200 so I can go binge drink with my coworkers on what would be the final night. I'm honestly pretty happy with how this turned out. There are two independent, rational crimes that get unraveled in a logical manner, two main characters who are fairly well rounded and undergo change over the course of the story, and a wide range of side characters who are all fairly distinct despite them mostly being college students.

My physical descriptions and my scene-level pacing needs work, and I'll have to write a proper denouement, but I'm looking forward to editing and actually publishing this under my real name.

First task though is gonna be polishing up the final draft of last year's nano and slapping that up on the Kindle store.

Keep writing! You can do it!

E Depois do Adeus
Jun 3, 2012

It may have taken me until February 2024 but I finally put my 2022 nano up as an ebook. It was distracting me from finishing my 2023 nano project, which is a more serious project i can put my real name on.

While I'm not happy with the final result - it needs more conspiracy and investigation, and less detailed cunnilingus and cooking (like, 20000 words less) - it did feel nice to finally be done with it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

E Depois do Adeus
Jun 3, 2012

Bobby Deluxe posted:

"The rain fell on the moist streets of a dark and lonesome city..."

More poetic than anything in there tbh