Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

Sorry I thought you were a landlord when I gave you your old avatar!

Bobby Deluxe posted:

Day 20: 1,050
Total: 20,524

I enjoyed writing today, and despite two fail days am still on track for my mini target! I have decided (though will probably not keep updating the thread) that I am going to try and keep writing 1k a day over december as well, the idea being to end up with about 60k over 2 months.

I may even *gasp* do a bit more later. Today was a good day.

Hello here I am. Didn't know this thread was here. I see Tarnop also suggested copying and pasting your words into your nano doc.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

Bobby Deluxe posted:

I've got an excel spreadsheet for characters and wordcount, you'd be proud of me.

Very proud :)
I'm just pantsing, stream of consciousness, it's a load of rubbish but I needed to force myself to do something. I have written 3-4 novels before over the past 12 years during nano. Most All of them crap but hey who cares! No one reads them but me. It's just a personal challenge.

22000 words end of 20th Nov. 28000 to go and 9 days to do it (writing off one day when I go back to work next week).
Btw I just use the Word wordcount. At the end when they have the formal wordcount thing I'll type as many extra as I need if any.

Jaeluni Asjil fucked around with this message at 01:43 on Nov 21, 2023

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

Scrivener's one of the reasons I went for nano this year despite being time-poor! Tried loading my old scrivener (talking 2014 here) onto my new laptop but it wasn't having any. At least with nano you get a big discount (20% off) if you buy it!
I used to use it for all sorts of things not just writing books!

Done 3000 words this morning so just hit 25k - half way there (livin' on a prayer).

Words are flowing faster today than they have been the past few days (decided to use writing prompts as I ran out of things to say) so I might see if I can do another 3k later.

Finished for today on 27k. So did 5k. Was seriously running out of steam for the last 1000 even with prompts.

Jaeluni Asjil fucked around with this message at 00:34 on Nov 22, 2023

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

Total so far 30055 so I have done 3055 today.

Need to push to do 4000 tomorrow through to Sunday but I'm out tomorrow evening so might not get that many done, so will only really get 2 days next week to clock up any extras.

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

Bobby Deluxe posted:

Day 22: 1,293
Total: 22,965

Fuuun fun fun fun! Normally I hate leaving it late to start but I really had fun, I wish my hands weren't hosed and I could keep going.

As we mentioned Scrivener a couple of days ago, I just checked the offer. Just being in nano you can get 20% off, but if you manage the 50k words & be an official Winner, you can get 50% off (this won't appear until you are an official winner so at the end). It's $59.99 normally so $30 is a hefty discount in real money terms.

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

End of today 33000. Theoretically I could crank out another 2-3k tonight but I'm too devoid of imagination.

17000 to go - just under 3000 per day (excluding Monday when I will be shattered out after a day back at work on about 2 hours sleep).

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

Now at 37k (as of close of 24/11). 13k to go.

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

Finishing up today on 42000 words so having started on 15th, finally went over the total target for someone who did it perfectly from day 1 (which would be 41667).

Hoping to crank out another 5k tomorrow so I will only have 3k to do next Tuesday.

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

Done 4k words this morning so I'm now on 46k. I have decided I will try and push on to the 50k later today (about to go out) then I'm done.
I won't be able to do any tomorrow, and Wednesday is dicey so if I can finish up today that would be great. It's the biggest load of rubbish though.

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

Yay, finished - 8000 words today and finished on 50027.
What a pile of crud I have produced. Reduced at the end to a tale of possibilities involving swarfega.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

Gnossiennes posted:

day 26: 6566
total: 103,699

passed the 100k threshold. whew.

Wow!