Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Decedent
Dec 20, 2022

by Fluffdaddy
It's a dark and snowy night on Halloween, and I wanna write horror. I brought this up to one of my roommates who's an honest to god real professional writer, and I got back "yeah, I've done that before, nobody reads it unless you want them to". Of course some corner of my mind told me I could just write "all work an no play makes Jack a dull boy" a few hundred times anytime I come to a sticking point, but I've always wanted to do this. I used to take creative writing classes and workshop my stuff, and people made faces and had no idea how to interpret what was basically a "what was David thinking in An American Werewolf in London" short story, so I doubt I'll workshop my stuff again anytime soon, but I really want to just try.

That was 143 words. If I can just write 143 words about my anxiety over writing, I'm sure that there's plenty of people out there that could write something even more cogent with roughly 150, then do that about ten more times a day for November..

Fun to read and fun to write though, that's a tall order lol

e; you know, if it's tomorrow for someone already I see, I might as well get started. I figure I'll type in this word counter thing and see if I can just copy paste 1600 or so a day over to NaNoWriMo.

https://wordcounter.net/

Decedent fucked around with this message at 00:22 on Nov 1, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Decedent
Dec 20, 2022

by Fluffdaddy
Wait I really don't get this, where do I write? I logged in, started a project and it's asking me to make a cover and all this other weird extraneous stuff, where do I just write?

Decedent
Dec 20, 2022

by Fluffdaddy
Hey thanks guys!
Is it ok if I just make a thread here in Creative Commons? I have this weird thing that used to bother me in school where I'd open a word document and just stare at it, but of some reason stupid text boxes seem more inviting. I mean it probably is so I'm just gonna do it since its gonna put pressure on me to write.

Decedent
Dec 20, 2022

by Fluffdaddy
Yeah? I mean I just started writing and didn't hate it, I felt like I could keep it up too. lmk if you don't hate it too! Just don't hold it to a high standard as disclaimer, its no Star Trek erotic fanfic, but it seems to be writing itself for once. Maybe you try it too with the understanding people won't make fun of it later, and at worst/best nobody says anything. Or don't. If nothing else this will help me get every chore in the house completed if I take up avoiding it.

Decedent
Dec 20, 2022

by Fluffdaddy
Well that's 1722 words. If I can do that another thirty times, I'll win the race against myself. If I do it just once more, I'll be sure to fix the sink and scrub the bathroom at least lol.